UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Davis: Magalhaes 'not on my level'

2/4/13 11:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1075 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Davis seems to recognize the disparity between the two. "If I say simply, 'he's not on my level, he doesn't deserve to be fighting me,' I feel like that sounds worse than it actually is," Davis said. "It almost sounds like I'm talking about his character as a person rather than his fighting skills, so, I'm going to word it a little differently and say what he's done in the UFC, which is one win, I guess you can count his old two losses, doesn't really warrant him a fight with me. But, you know, I don't do matchmaking, that's entirely up to Joe Silva, he's a genius, I'm just going to go with what he says. I don't question him. The man knows what he's doing."

But that doesn't mean Davis won't be motivated for the fight when the Octagon gate locks.

"I'm up for every fight," Davis said. "My only hope is, I hope the evening of April 27, when he gets back to his hotel room, I hope he doesn't think to himself, what did I do this for? Why did I call this man out, it doesn't make any sense? I could have fought somebody who wasn't top ten, I could have fought someone who wasn't top five, I could have fought somebody I could have beat and came home without two black eyes and a bruised ego. Why did I call this guy out? I hope he doesn't say that, but most likely he will."

read entire article...

2/4/13 11:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Vinny! Phone Post
2/4/13 11:19 PM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinny has better striking and way better submissions and better submission defense

Davis may be able to lay his way to victory but I don't see it happening Phone Post
2/4/13 11:23 PM
parker2004

Edited: 02/04/13 11:24 PM
One is great on the ground, one is great at getting it to the ground, the pair of them have sub par striking compared to others in the division and I can see this turning into a lackluster fight that resembles Nog/Rashad.
2/5/13 12:31 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go back to the hotel with 2 black eyes? What are you going to do Phil, poke him in both of them?
2/5/13 12:37 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch -
Pessimist_Pete -  Vinny has better striking and way better submissions and better submission defense

Davis may be able to lay his way to victory but I don't see it happening Phone Post

Vinny has better striking?

Are we talking about the same Vinny?
Yes we are. You think Phil Davis is a badass boxer? Phone Post
2/5/13 12:50 AM
HexRei

i think its actually not a terrible matchup. i dont think phil is a better striker, he's never looked great in standup. and i don't think vinny will be afraid enough of being taken down to let that thread create openings for phil.

it's quite even imo and could go either way.
2/5/13 12:51 AM
mofomike
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinny is going to get KO'ed

2/5/13 1:06 AM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mofomike - 

Vinny is going to get KO'ed

2/5/13 1:13 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Vinny better work on his gas tank if this fight gets signed. Davis is going to try to grind him out
2/5/13 1:21 AM
vaginal tear
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thing is w Vinnys ability on the ground is that it frees him up on the feet. He can throw with being "worried" about being taken down. If he is taken down. GREAT! Phone Post
2/5/13 1:22 AM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atleast Vinny has this :)

2/5/13 1:24 AM
HexRei

fapout - 
Pessimist_Pete -  Vinny has better striking and way better submissions and better submission defense

so you think that Vinny will pull garb on him?

only if it was in a show that allows gi
2/5/13 3:20 AM
ViciousCesar
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait does Davis think he is a top 5 LHW?
2/5/13 7:39 AM
Big Pookie
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ViciousCesar - Wait does Davis think he is a top 5 LHW?

LMAO... I think he does. Delusional?

I have a feeling this fight will be decided on the feet.
Its not very smart to take Vinny down.
2/5/13 7:42 AM
yellow c0ckahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Pookie - 
ViciousCesar - Wait does Davis think he is a top 5 LHW?

LMAO... I think he does. Delusional?

I have a feeling this fight will be decided on the feet.
Its not very smart to take Vinny down.

With wins over Gustafsson and Lil Nog, I'd say he is Top 5.

Ignore what the "official" UFC rankings say.

2/5/13 9:42 AM
JonnyW
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby - 

Great combo
2/5/13 10:28 AM
DanielCaton

VInny by sub in the second round.

2/5/13 8:01 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JonnyW - 
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby - 

Great combo

Jesus Christ, that kick came outta nowhere.

2/5/13 8:10 PM
DanielCaton

Vinny's going to wake some guys up, because he'll finish Davis.

2/6/13 12:19 AM
Carl Sonnen

I disagree strongly with Phil. UFC has a history of giving champions from other organizations title shots, so his argument is invalid. Davis is definitely a physical beast, but Vinny is no slouch either. Phil is pretty one-dimensional. I am really rooting for Vinny to come into the division and make a splash. I hope he is working on his striking and wrestling.
2/6/13 12:34 AM
Oprahs Queefs Are My Air Supply
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinny needs to go train with Maia and learn the secrets of the Maia Steamroll.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.