UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lamas: I should be next in line

2/5/13 1:07 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"He stole 'Knockout of the Night' from me, and then he had to send that text out," Lamas today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio).

"That text" is a message relayed by White during the post-event press conference for UFC 156, which took place this past Saturday at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

"I'm kind of sitting here like, 'What am I, a mirage?' That's exactly what I tweeted Dana White, actually," Lamas said. "I'm just sitting here trying to figure out where I fit in in all of this."

Today, Lamas stressed he would wait for Aldo for six months if asked to by the UFC, or he would take the title shot in three months. He also said he would take a main event or co-main event if the promotion decided to skip over him. But that's clearly not what he thinks is the right thing to do.

At featherweight, he should be first.

"I've put in the work at 145 pounds," Lamas said. "I've done everything I need to do, and I should be next in line for that shot."

read entire article...

2/5/13 1:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
He has a point but Aldo vs Pettis superfight is what the fans want to see
2/5/13 1:17 AM
kingkoopa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lamas should fight aldo. Pettis should wait for gil/bendo

Pettis vs aldo would be sick... But what happens if Paris wins? Phone Post
2/5/13 1:17 AM
kingkoopa

^pettis Phone Post
2/5/13 1:44 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would really rather Pettis continue his quest for the LW belt. He has a great shot at beating either Bendo or Gil.
2/5/13 1:48 AM
MartialArtsMixed
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah llamas should be next in line right behind chan sung Jung. Phone Post
2/5/13 2:02 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lamas should be next imo.  Yes it would be an awesome fight but personally I'm sick of the 'giving the fans what they want to see' fights.  I want to see the best fighters from a weight division fight for the belt.

2/5/13 3:12 AM
GelderdEnd

We'll just forget the Korean Zombie even exists yeah? No....get in line Phone Post
2/5/13 3:16 AM
InYourMomaCloset

Signed.

Yup, Lamas looked awesome and wicked strong in his last fight.

I believe he's a more dangerous fighter than Pettis.

Put him in with Aldo ASAP.
2/5/13 3:21 AM
InYourMomaCloset

NorthFromHere - He has a point but Aldo vs Pettis superfight is what the fans want to see

By "fans" I assume you mean yourself and the mouse in your pocket.

I'm not particularly keen on that fight in light of the possibility of Lamas stepping in there.

More hungry, more dangerous, stronger at that weight at least.

I believe he'll be the next champ and the one to dethrone Aldo.
2/5/13 3:31 AM
in_different
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, this lamas hype is crazy. He looked great... but he is in line. We got Zombie. Cub is nearing the top too.

Pettis is a much more fun fight too. I think Pettis should fight Bendo after he wins though and Aldo should fight Korean Zombie
2/5/13 3:34 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/13 3:36 AM

Dana said like a day ago that its going to be a while before TKZ is healthy.  Lamas is next in line, whats 'hype' about that?

EDIT: Here is the OFFICIAL UFC Rankings:

Featherweight
Champion : Jose Aldo
1 Chad Mendes
2 Ricardo Lamas
3 Chan Sung Jung
4 Frankie Edgar
5 Dennis Siver
6 Cub Swanson
7 Dustin Poirier
8 Nik Lentz
9 Erik Koch
10 Clay Guida

Can you see where Lamas is?

2/5/13 3:44 AM
in_different
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well rounded poster - 
in_different - Wow, this lamas hype is crazy. He looked great... but he is in line. We got Zombie. Cub is nearing the top too.

Pettis is a much more fun fight too. I think Pettis should fight Bendo after he wins though and Aldo should fight Korean Zombie
Hype?

Look at his record if you need to. He has TKZ and Cub covered... He's just not a flashy striker Phone Post

Ok here is the issue... he has 2 wins in the last 14 months and no one knows who he is. I'd like to see him against Guida or TKZ or someone like that one more time. That fight does nothing for me. If he decides to stand with Aldo, he gets schooled. He probably can't get the takedown. Aldo can hold his own on the ground or get up. I see no threat.

I'm not trying to hate on him. He looked good. But I'm not ready to declare him the next big thing
2/5/13 3:47 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah Lamas, you shall learn.  Words like "should" don't matter in determining the number 1 contender in today's UFC.

2/5/13 3:48 AM
in_different

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - Koch was next in line for the title shot and Lamas smashed him.

Koch hadn't fought for a year and is a striker. I'm not surprised Lamas was able to win using GnP
2/5/13 4:07 AM
GelderdEnd

well rounded poster -
GelderdEnd - We'll just forget the Korean Zombie even exists yeah? No....get in line Phone Post
Injured, fren. Plus Lamas has arguably got a better record with a more impressive streak Phone Post
Well I wouldn't say no to a TKZ Lamas match when he gets back to full fitness Phone Post
2/5/13 5:21 AM
RameauSoCouldYou
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GelderdEnd - We'll just forget the Korean Zombie even exists yeah? No....get in line Phone Post
. Phone Post
2/5/13 10:58 AM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lamas definitely has a point but I'm much more interested in Aldo vs Pettis.

Make the co-main on the Aldo vs Pettis card Lamas vs Zombie to determine No. 1 Contender. Phone Post
2/5/13 11:14 AM
youarewhatiswrong
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lamas should recognize that he's just been put in the same position that Pettis has been in since he came over to the UFC as the WEC LW champ. Pettis has been waiting longer for his shot, and has deserve his shot longer than Lamas has.
2/5/13 11:22 AM
unfilter
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. lamas rests up, takes a couple months to hype himself by talking trash on twitter or re-tweeting controversial videos. winning fights is just half the battle in the UFC; par for the course.

2. takes on KZ as a main or co-main (who's coming off a long break and would need another fight before aldo anyway); both dudes grab a fat stack win or lose.

3. profit.  well i guess that was already covered in step 2.

2/5/13 11:27 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN

youarewhatiswrong - Lamas should recognize that he's just been put in the same position that Pettis has been in since he came over to the UFC as the WEC LW champ. Pettis has been waiting longer for his shot, and has deserve his shot longer than Lamas has.
Pettis lost, that's why he had to wait longer Phone Post
2/5/13 11:31 AM
youarewhatiswrong
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DOMINANTDAN#1FAN - 
youarewhatiswrong - Lamas should recognize that he's just been put in the same position that Pettis has been in since he came over to the UFC as the WEC LW champ. Pettis has been waiting longer for his shot, and has deserve his shot longer than Lamas has.
Pettis lost, that's why he had to wait longer Phone Post

He was ropped of the shot that he should have gotten and chose to fight rather than wait. He didn't lose to Guida, he got out-cuddled and hair-whipped. He has destroyed better competition than lamas has ever faced.
2/5/13 11:32 AM
xakx

Another fighter getting screwed by the UFC.
2/5/13 12:22 PM
Another Foob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to the UFC Official Rankings, both Pettis and Lamas are #2 in their respective weight classes. Given that Pettis is a former champ and is more recognizable, it doesn't seem that crazy that he could cut the line ahead of Lamas. Also, the UFC seems consistent in giving more weight (no pun intended) to higher weight classes.
2/5/13 12:40 PM
JoeMimic
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks for Lamas but I'm excited to see Pettis/Aldo bang bro! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.