UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aldo vs Pettis official for Aug 3rd

2/5/13 7:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheHaunted2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok so im a little confused, why isnt the interim champion barao/mcdonald not fighting aldo in august? I thought that fight would be booked after the 16th Phone Post
2/5/13 7:30 AM
Stephen Eakin
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHaunted2 - Ok so im a little confused, why isnt the interim champion barao/mcdonald not fighting aldo in august? I thought that fight would be booked after the 16th Phone Post
That's 135 Phone Post
2/5/13 7:32 AM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHaunted2 -  Ok so im a little confused, why isnt the interim champion barao/mcdonald not fighting aldo in august? I thought that fight would be booked after the 16th Phone Post

Different weight classes man, the winner of Barao vs McDonald fights Dominick Cruz.

2/5/13 7:36 AM
ec
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy! I feel bad for lamas but if I'm being honest with myself aldo vs lamas or Aldo vs tkz don't get me pumped like this fight does.

6 months is a long time for an injury to happen though... Phone Post
2/5/13 7:42 AM
Gilbert956
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dream fight for me! Phone Post
2/5/13 7:42 AM
Flannerz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could be fight of the year
2/5/13 7:44 AM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

... why wait six full months though ? Has Aldo been ordered to heal for 90 days?!

Now THIS is a real fucking superfight. Amazing potential for fight of the year.
2/5/13 7:45 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pidgey - i wonder how the cut will affect Pettis and if he even tried that before, the guy already looks shredded, even though he's not THAT big for a LW.

I read Pettis was 2lbs away from 155 on weigh in day. Apparently he fights in his natural weight class. Crazy
2/5/13 7:48 AM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring it to Boston
2/5/13 7:48 AM
mdfmma123
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - Honestly, not a fan of this move. After all the talk of how he'll beat Bendo again, and lots of people saying he's the best LW... Deal with the division you're currently in before dropping to fight a champion in another. Guys at FW deserve the shot Phone Post
Nay. I think this is an awesome move. Potential to become the FW champion and then challenge the winner between Bendo and Melendez to become 2 division champ instead of waiting around. Phone Post
2/5/13 7:49 AM
nikee_choro
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

exciting match up ! ! !
2/5/13 7:51 AM
JBASS
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I can't wait for this fight, I can't help but feel bad for the 145lb division. It'll be nearly 2 years by the time anyone actually from the division has had a shot at the title. That's a criminal thing to do to a division that is really starting to flourish

NorthernIrishZombie
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, I'm guessing Lamas vs Jung will happen too?

Skip2MyLou
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two of my favourite fighters. Im Torn in this fight.
WEC NEVER DIE! Phone Post
2/5/13 7:55 AM
Geoffy
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just strange he is dropping down for a belt ... i rather see pettis at 155 ... way bigger challenge to win and defend the title

Lets be honest now 155 is oné of the most stacked divisions in the game and 145 isnt.

So if Pettis gets the belt ... he wount fight at 155 ? no Pettis vs Henderson, melendez, Maynard, Diaz, miller ... shame

Still a great fight! prolly oné of the best of the year..

2/5/13 7:56 AM
World Peace's Left Elbow
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthernIrishZombie -

So, I'm guessing Lamas vs Jung will happen too?

That's what I was thinking. In which case, fuck yes! Phone Post
2/5/13 7:59 AM
Smokemonster
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome fight, I've gotta go with Pettis in this one. His cardio and pace will win this fight Phone Post
2/5/13 7:59 AM
DoomFarmer
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Injury on the horizon Phone Post
2/5/13 8:04 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know Pettis was watching the Aldo fight and saw something that made him think "I got this".

Joe Silva proves that even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Fantastic matchmaking.

If Pettis wins the 145 title, he's in a pickle, cuz that's Clay Guida's division.

Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only bad thing about this is how far away it is. I haven't looked forward to a striking battle this much since Silva/Belfort. This is gonna be SICK!!!! Phone Post
Braziliant

Edited: 02/05/13 8:04 AM
Really wanted to see Pettis fight Benson, but i understand why Pettis made this move. I guess he can get his shot at Benson after he loses to Aldo.
2/5/13 8:05 AM
ShowtimeKick

Edited: 02/05/13 8:06 AM

I WANT LINES!!!!!!

2/5/13 8:10 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - One thing I know for sure, Pettis is not starching Aldo.

If I absolutely HAD to make a pick right off the bat, I'm choosing Aldo.
Fuck man, this is a tough one to call. Phone Post
2/5/13 8:12 AM
Symbolic
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will Pettis still have his #1 contender spot for the 155 title if he losses to Aldo? Very risky move on his part for the spot he earned, but I guess regardless he's getting a title shot, just at a different weight class. I got Aldo!
2/5/13 8:12 AM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Edited: 02/05/13 8:13 AM
Dont understand why everyone is moving and getting immediate title shots in weight classes they havent even fought in. Im pretty sure TKZ was supposed to get a shot after he beat Poirer why is he getting screwed over?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.