UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aldo vs Pettis official for Aug 3rd

2/5/13 3:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bimmer1
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ill take aldo via destruction in this one. Huge pettis fan but dont think he can outstrike aldo. Phone Post
2/5/13 3:22 PM
Nonlinear
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems risky and stupid.

It's Pettis' first outing at 145, what if he has trouble making weight?  Durp?

2/5/13 3:25 PM
Sho_Gunn
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana said Pettis doesnt cut weight to make 155. So 145 shouldnt be a hard cut. But waiting till August? Fuuuck, this has injury-waiting-to-happen written all over it. I hope im wrong.
2/5/13 3:34 PM
MMArijuana

I'm so happy they made the fight. Awesome. Learning towards Pettis.
2/5/13 3:42 PM
MMArijuana

Nonlinear - 

Seems risky and stupid.

It's Pettis' first outing at 145, what if he has trouble making weight?  Durp?

Practice cuts, derp.
2/5/13 3:44 PM
TEX4N32
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc -

Two of the most dynamic strikers in mixed martial arts will meet Aug. 3 when Anthony Pettis drops from lightweight to 145 pounds to challenge champion Jose Aldo for the Ultimate Fighting Championship's featherweight title.

USA TODAY Sports learned of the booking from UFC President Dana White on Monday.

"Two of the baddest dudes in the fight business are going to fight at 145 pounds," White said. "These guys are two of the most amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport. I am so pumped for this fight."

White says the company is seeking a venue for the yet-to-be-announced event and sites in Texas, Chicago, Las Vegas and Rio de Janeiro are under consideration. Aldo vs. Pettis is expected to headline the card.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ufc/2013/02/04/anthony-pettis-challenge-champion-jose-aldo/1891943/

Fuck yeah!!!

Can't wait, i'm leaning towards pettis on this one. Phone Post
2/5/13 3:45 PM
Bwatermyfren
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh shit!! Phone Post
2/5/13 4:20 PM
viRUSS

How will Cub Swanson get his revenge on Aldo if dudes keep cutting in line. Give the shot to Lamas and let's see Cub finish fights. Line cut imo and sucks for those fans watching this weight class.

2/5/13 5:25 PM
xXJayRobXx
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soooo stoked. I can't choose. I have to remain neutral on this one. Phone Post
2/5/13 5:29 PM
ku3mm3t
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I alone in wanting this fight in Chicago badly? Says it's up for consideration. They are supposed to be doing Milwaukee in August as well, so this would be great for us midwest folk. Would make up for the last two January Chicago cards.
2/5/13 5:30 PM
caposa
1416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

André Pederneiras doesn't seem to happy about this

rough translation:

"I do not know anything yet, but do not quite agree. Pettis never fought in the featherweight category, decides to go down and now will fight for the belt? Then the official rankings came out yesterday that the UFC has to be forgotten, right? He does not exist? I think if the UFC wants a superfight Aldo x Pettis, ok, let's put the combined weight of 150 lbs, without costing the belt."

"I think Aldo's next opponent has to be someone of feathers - if they will not put Chad Mendes, because the belt has played recently, so I think the next is Ricardo Lamas."

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2013/02/ufc-confirma-anthony-pettis-como-proximo-desafiante-de-jose-aldo.html

2/5/13 5:33 PM
ku3mm3t
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They probably really don't know shit yet. But if that's the fight they want, it's happening. Aldo just said he'd fight Pettis with no issues.
2/5/13 5:47 PM
DanCrase
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see Pettis being able to pull this off. Just like I see Weidman being able to beat Silva.
2/5/13 6:03 PM
NiteProwleR
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo is a great champ but I hope Pettis takes this. His style is so awesome.
2/5/13 6:22 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

World Peace's Left Elbow - Last WEC featherweight champ vs. last WEC lightweight champ?

I'm in. Phone Post
100% this. I can't wait. Phone Post
2/5/13 6:23 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

André Pederneiras doesn't seem to happy about this

rough translation:

"I do not know anything yet, but do not quite agree. Pettis never fought in the featherweight category, decides to go down and now will fight for the belt? Then the official rankings came out yesterday that the UFC has to be forgotten, right? He does not exist? I think if the UFC wants a superfight Aldo x Pettis, ok, let's put the combined weight of 150 lbs, without costing the belt."

"I think Aldo's next opponent has to be someone of feathers - if they will not put Chad Mendes, because the belt has played recently, so I think the next is Ricardo Lamas."

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2013/02/ufc-confirma-anthony-pettis-como-proximo-desafiante-de-jose-aldo.html

I don't understand this mode of thought considering they just went through the exact same thing with Frankie? Phone Post
2/5/13 6:30 PM
NitroSantanaCFH

in_different - Has anyone seen a fight between their absolutely favorites? I don't even want to watch this because I hate seeing my favorites lose. The only way I enjoy this is if it becomes a five round battle to a close decision . But I think there will be a finish.

Hendo/Machida is coming up for me...
2/5/13 9:00 PM
Chisel Chest
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe in Pettis!! Exciting fighter. He brings it every fight. Phone Post
2/6/13 12:14 AM
Carl Sonnen

Edited: 02/06/13 12:14 AM
Huge mistake by Pettis. If he loses this, it will be a lot harder to go back up and get that title shot at lightweight. He should have waited for this LW shot and then he could have still went down. Heck, by then, Aldo might be thinking of moving up.
2/7/13 3:06 AM
ViciousCesar
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Pettis and absolutely LOVE Aldo. So I gotta go with Aldo by default.
2/7/13 9:42 AM
beasly213
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/07/13 9:42 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up, but maybe the reason this fight isn't until August is the UFC is planning on doing a USA vs. Brazil TUF and Pettis and Aldo are going to be the coaches? <br />Maybe they don't want to officially announce them as coaches yet because the UFC doesn't want to take the attention off the current season and the current coaches.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.