UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Arnold Classic

2/5/13 8:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john thornton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/13 8:15 AM

Anyone know what fighters will be there this year?
2/5/13 11:58 AM
john thornton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john thornton - Anyone know what fighters will be there this year?

2/5/13 2:20 PM
john thornton

Up
2/5/13 2:57 PM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana doesn't like the OAC, and said he would not bring his horse & pony show there again. Still, about every fighter & their mother is there. I heard K-1 is having an event there, but on Thursday night.
2/5/13 3:08 PM
xakx
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/7/13 7:20 AM
john thornton

Anyone? Theyve announced the K1 for Thursday, but thats it. Dont know who is fighting, ticket info, or anything else.
2/7/13 7:34 AM
TheLumberjackLisi
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There will be amateur mma on Friday Phone Post
2/7/13 2:22 PM
john thornton

Ttt
2/8/13 2:51 AM
john thornton

Up
2/8/13 7:43 AM
Rival School
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omega 2013 - anyone know why they don't have fights there anymore?
They have a bunch of fights this year Phone Post
2/8/13 7:45 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^Think he ment UFC & such.
2/8/13 1:01 PM
emfleek
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 1:07 PM
It's been a while since I've checked, but Randy Couture (surprise) was scheduled for an appearance on Saturday, I believe.
2/8/13 1:07 PM
emfleek
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's all the MMA-related stuff from the website. Looks like Couture, Carlson Gracie Jr. and Colton Smith are the only confirmed appearances.

----------------------------

FRIDAY

Greater Columbus Convention Center
Noon – 6 p.m.
MMA Workshops
Meet & Greet With Randy Couture Noon – 1:30 p.m.
HALL C

3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Arnold Martial Arts Festival
Armes Forces Submission Grappling Tournament
HALL C

Noon – 10 p.m.
Boxing Championships / Martial Arts Festival / Arnold Grappling Championships
Martial Arts Registration Noon – 10 p.m. at Red Roof Inn Downtown
Boxing Registration 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. at Red Roof Inn Downtown
Grappling Registration 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. at Red Roof Inn Downtown

7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
MMA Workshops
Grappling Workshop Featuring Carlson Gracie Jr:
Grappling Workshop Featuring UFC Fighter Colton Smith
HALL C

LC Pavilion
7 p.m.
Amateur MMA Festival
DOORS OPEN AT 6:30 P.M.
RESERVED SEATING AND GENERAL ADMISSION -- $30 – $75

SATURDAY

Boxing / Martial Arts Festival / Arnold Grappling Championships (Youth & Adults)
Boxing and Martial Arts Registration 7 a.m. Room C120
Grappling Registration 7 a.m. Room C122
Opening Ceremony 9 a.m.
Rules Meeting and Competition to follow Opening Ceremony
HALL C

SUNDAY

7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Boxing / Martial Arts Festival / Arnold Grappling Championships
Boxing and Martial Arts Registration 7 a.m. C120
Grappling Registration 7 a.m. C122
Rules Meeting 9 a.m. with competition to follow
HALL C
2/15/13 10:38 PM
john thornton

Up.. any more info???
2/15/13 10:50 PM
Mushroom Slap
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BALLSDEEP - Dana doesn't like the OAC, and said he would not bring his horse & pony show there again. Still, about every fighter & their mother is there. I heard K-1 is having an event there, but on Thursday night.

Why? What's Danal's fuckign problem all the god damned time? The Arnold weekend and a UFC event are a perfect mash up. Dana needs to check his fuckin ego.
2/15/13 11:24 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adcc east coast trials are there. Phone Post
2/26/13 1:10 PM
john thornton

K-1 has been canceled. Any new info on fighters?
2/26/13 1:15 PM
UGCTT_Cdn Machine

Fighters confirmed to be attending: Shogun, Ben Henderson, Urijah, Chris Weidman, Randy, Guida, Coleman, Mir, Bader
2/26/13 1:30 PM
john thornton

Hughes & Frankie Edgar
2/26/13 1:34 PM
john thornton

Thx cdn Machine!
2/26/13 2:05 PM
DarceSideoftheMoon
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter -  Adcc east coast trials are there. Phone Post

I heard this is it Friday? Nogi is Saturday and gi is Sunday Im thinking about driving out and competing don't know how I feel about haveing to stay both days though. I heard horror stories about the refs and competition too anyone competing or have anything positive about it?
2/26/13 2:46 PM
Beezulbubba
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DarceSideoftheMoon - 
BrCutter -  Adcc east coast trials are there. Phone Post

I heard this is it Friday? Nogi is Saturday and gi is Sunday Im thinking about driving out and competing don't know how I feel about haveing to stay both days though. I heard horror stories about the refs and competition too anyone competing or have anything positive about it?

When they first started it I believe Relson Gracie was responsible? That may not be correct, but I think it was his org. Maybe nice guys, but the tournament was always awfully ran. Everyone on here would bitch about all the problems, they would come on asking what they could do better and then the same shit next. Last time I went with a friend that was competing the weigh-ins were at 10 or 11, and they didn't even have scales. How fucked is that? Then because of disorganization the matches would stretch on until past 11 at night. I had friends get shuffled into the wrong weight class. Had refs off the mat bs'ing when I was competing and missed points.

Then NAGA took over and it ran great. I think the matches were finished by the afternoon, and everything went smoothly. But I think they no longer run it. Maybe John Saylor took over? I haven't been there in a few years so I don't know how it runs now.
2/26/13 3:06 PM
DarceSideoftheMoon
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the input, this is alot of the problems I heard as well. was told most of the refs were all karate guys so they had no clue what was going on. I had thought naga was still doing it but there schedule shows a Columbus competition but later in the year. Maybe I will just pass and be that guy who's rolling like its a competition all weekend at the gym and buy myself a case of beer as a trophy. Looking at the schedule seems like a cluster fuck maybe I can schedule myself into arm wrestling and table tennis world championships to fill the waiting void.
2/27/13 1:42 PM
john thornton

Up,up, and away.
2/27/13 2:17 PM
Vader03
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thinking of going. Wish there was a list of when fighters are appearing and what booths they will be at. I so wish the ufc would come back during the arnold. Saw lots of fighters in years past. Ufc 68 ufc 82 and also the rampage jardine fight 96 i think Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.