UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Arnold Classic

2/28/13 1:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john thornton - Up,up, and away.

You going out fri or sat nite? We usually hit up that big strip club that's open till 5 in the a.m. after we leave the clubs/bars.
2/28/13 2:32 AM
Mayhem13
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not all MMA

But I've heard:
Buster Douglas
Clay Guida
Larry Fitzgerald
Beanie Wells
Maurice Clarett
Jamal Lewis
Felice Herrig
Jessica Eye
Brian Rogers
Luke Zachrich
Wes Sims
Boom Herron

Are all there signing Phone Post
2/28/13 4:48 AM
TheRealMattyS
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didnt read so I dont know if anyone else has said it but Cain Velasquez will be there.... check out BSN's facebook page Phone Post
2/28/13 5:04 AM
ilovetortillas
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Sucks that K1 got cancelled. Mushin was supposed to fight and we were planning a road trip to go watch.
2/28/13 5:06 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BALLSDEEP - Dana doesn't like the OAC, and said he would not bring his horse & pony show there again. Still, about every fighter & their mother is there. I heard K-1 is having an event there, but on Thursday night.
Why did he even say that. Because he does not like bodybuilding(something to be said for that though i am very much neutral on the whole thing myself) or is he just mad because it does not make sense from a business perspective to be there?

Or might it be that the whiff of PED emanating from the weekend is to just terrible PR wise?

Did he ever go on the record to say why he dislikes it. I personally really do not see the problem. Phone Post
2/28/13 5:42 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard it here. I have friends on the OAC, but they never said much about it. But I heard it was over the same day weigh ins they had. All I know is after that, they never came back,to the Arnolds or any other time.
2/28/13 8:54 AM
NAAFS
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BALLSDEEP - Dana doesn't like the OAC, and said he would not bring his horse & pony show there again. Still, about every fighter & their mother is there. I heard K-1 is having an event there, but on Thursday night.
I've heard it's more of an issue with the Arnold's brass than the OAC. Ohio is an enormous market for mma. Would be a mistake to not have a live presence here IMO. Phone Post
2/28/13 10:12 AM
Bloodstorm
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john thornton - Anyone? Theyve announced the K1 for Thursday, but thats it. Dont know who is fighting, ticket info, or anything else.
K-1 has been canceled im sure the OAC had something to do with it Phone Post
2/28/13 10:18 AM
Bloodstorm

BALLSDEEP - I heard it here. I have friends on the OAC, but they never said much about it. But I heard it was over the same day weigh ins they had. All I know is after that, they never came back,to the Arnolds or any other time.
I think they had a problem with that when the WEC came to ohio something about weighing in the day of the fight couldn't be x amount of pounds over from weigh ins.

Not 100% this is just hear say Phone Post
2/28/13 10:21 AM
Mayhem13
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bloodstorm -
john thornton - Anyone? Theyve announced the K1 for Thursday, but thats it. Dont know who is fighting, ticket info, or anything else.
K-1 has been canceled im sure the OAC had something to do with it Phone Post
Seriously? Or Sarcasm?

bc I'm sure it was canceled bc K-1 has absolutely nothing left in the tank, besides its final 8 show...which wouldn't surprise me, if it had the same fate as this one.

They will be done by summer. Phone Post
2/28/13 10:34 AM
Mayhem13

Njokuani, Varner, an Poirer added Phone Post
2/28/13 10:40 AM
RenegadeBoxing
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Intimidation Clothing Booth:
Friday, March 1
11 am – 1 pm: Dan “The Dragon” Spohn
1-4 pm: Brian “The Predator” Rogers
3-5 pm: Wes Sims
Saturday, March 2
11 am-2 pm: Isaiah Chapman
1-4 pm: Jessica Eyebelieve (Jessica “Evil” Eye)
Sunday, March 3
11 am-2 pm: Luke Zachrich

Torque Sports and Performance Booth:
Urijah Faber Friday March 1st from 10am-12pm and Saturday March 2nd 10am-12pm & 2-4pm

ALLMAX Nutrition Booth-
Felice Herrig fan page

Official Gaspari Nutrition® Booth-
Frankie "The Answer" Edgar
2/28/13 10:53 AM
5pointer

i will be there wearing 1 of my usual vitor t's

say hi to me.
2/28/13 12:07 PM
john thornton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome
2/28/13 7:14 PM
BALLSDEEP

NAAFS - 
I've heard it's more of an issue with the Arnold's brass than the OAC. Ohio is an enormous market for mma. Would be a mistake to not have a live presence here IMO. Phone Post

Could be a factor for sure (and your dead on about missing out on the Arnold weekend) but they haven't been to town since the WEC debacle, so could be both...
2/28/13 7:15 PM
BALLSDEEP

Bloodstorm - 
BALLSDEEP - I heard it here. I have friends on the OAC, but they never said much about it. But I heard it was over the same day weigh ins they had. All I know is after that, they never came back,to the Arnolds or any other time.
I think they had a problem with that when the WEC came to ohio something about weighing in the day of the fight couldn't be x amount of pounds over from weigh ins.

This is pretty much what I was told.
2/28/13 7:26 PM
LuketheSpook
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BALLSDEEP -
Bloodstorm - 

This is pretty much what I was told.
I live here and I also heard that the OAC demanded a ridiculous amount of tickets, dinners and hotel accommodations. Apparently it was more than 10 times the amount any other athletic commission asks for. Phone Post
2/28/13 9:45 PM
BALLSDEEP

^^You in C-bus? I'm in the land, but will be there in the morning. The Arnolds are my favorite weekend of the year.
2/28/13 10:49 PM
Mayhem13

if anyone wants to meet up and graph, or whatever... I will be there with my brother in law getting some autos

I will be wearing a PRIDE 10 (Saku Choke)shirt

2/28/13 11:28 PM
TexasBadAss
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy when athletic commissions are more crooked than the fight promoters.
3/1/13 3:15 AM
Figure4LegLock

No. Apparently cancelled due to K1 being broke!

http://fightlinker.com/another-k-1-event-cancelled/

K1 has a history of financial problems as many of you know.
3/1/13 3:16 AM
Figure4LegLock

Also, can anyone confirm tomorrow if Shogun will be there? If I go I can't make it until Saturday and would love to know if Shogun will be there...or anyone else for that matter! Thanks!
3/1/13 7:05 AM
mjsalmon
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best weekend of the year to live in Cbus. Excellent for people watching and laughing at others.
Don't forget the Ohio High School State Wrestling tournament is also this weekend. At Value City Arena on OSU campus. Phone Post
3/1/13 10:33 AM
glock4life
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that competitors can late register on saturday morning prior to the grappling competition? I have heard both yes, and no....

3/1/13 3:29 PM
john thornton

I would imagine Shogun will be there tomorrow if he is here, but I didnt see him today. Thanks BallsDeep, I appreciate the offer but I brought the kids. Cain was there today and I walked right up & got a picture- no line or waiting. He will be there Saturday.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.