UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> We Gotta Wait Until August 3 for Aldo/Pettis?

2/5/13 8:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AnakinHelwani
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/13 8:58 AM

This could easily be a FOTY striking battle, and we gotta wait this long?

Aldo didn't get injured against Frankie, and Pettis doesn't have to cut much weight.

So why the holdup? This should be happening in early June.
2/5/13 8:39 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy! Phone Post
2/5/13 8:40 AM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor us - we have to wait a few months to see on of the best fights in history.

FUCKING ZUFFA HOLY SHI
2/5/13 8:41 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis probably wants to do a mock weight cut and see if he still performs well.

Injuries maybe he gets the call to fill in for the title shot in April, a lot of random factors. Phone Post
2/5/13 8:51 AM
Pride Wanderlei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think i'll take Pettis. He only cuts 2 pounds to make 155 so I think 145 will be easy. Phone Post
2/5/13 8:59 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_FawkingxD - Pettis probably wants to do a mock weight cut and see if he still performs well.

Injuries maybe he gets the call to fill in for the title shot in April, a lot of random factors. Phone Post
This. I think the wait has alot to do with this. If we want a war, Pettis has to be comfortable and see how he has to tweek hhis style at that weight. I can wait for MMA awesomeness if its this epic Phone Post
2/5/13 10:03 AM
Willin
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where did you hear this?

2/5/13 10:06 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_FawkingxD -  Pettis probably wants to do a mock weight cut and see if he still performs well.

Good point. They may be wanting to save him if Melendez can't go.

2/5/13 10:07 AM
ec
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I imagine Aldo would like some time with his new baby as well. He's been in camp after camp for a while because of injuries. Phone Post
2/5/13 10:21 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
KZTT_FawkingxD -  Pettis probably wants to do a mock weight cut and see if he still performs well.

Good point. They may be wanting to save him if Melendez can't go.

Yep. Gil hasn't been healthy lately Phone Post
2/5/13 10:22 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Did they announce venue? They also may have it out so far so they can set up a Brazil venue... Phone Post
2/5/13 10:44 AM
The Sundance Kid

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ufc/2013/02/04/anthony-pettis-challenge-champion-jose-aldo/1891943/
2/5/13 10:46 AM
TakesKawkFromSEAHAWKS
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think they are gearing up for a stadium show.

They will do AS vs. Jones or GSP and Pettis vs. Aldo and just fill the rest of the card.

COWBOY STADIUM AUG. 3RD BOOK IT BITCHES

2/5/13 11:05 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

TakesKawkFromSEAHAWKS -

I think they are gearing up for a stadium show.

They will do AS vs. Jones or GSP and Pettis vs. Aldo and just fill the rest of the card.

COWBOY STADIUM AUG. 3RD BOOK IT BITCHES

Or a Brazil stadium if they get Andy and Aldo on the same card......BITCHES Phone Post
2/5/13 11:08 AM
naughtiidawg liver kicked my SN
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its OK bro. I'm sure by then I'll still be cleaning up the jizz that my mind blew when I read the news. Phone Post
2/5/13 11:28 AM
MartialArtsMixed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight is so dumb in my opinion. Why take the #1 contender from lw and set up a fight with aldo that's 7 freaken months away??? That's just going to bottle neck the fw division even further.

Feel bad for zombie and llamas and other fw contenders that have to wait around now for probably another year to have their shot. Phone Post
2/5/13 11:37 AM
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MartialArtsMixed - This fight is so dumb in my opinion. Why take the #1 contender from lw and set up a fight with aldo that's 7 freaken months away??? That's just going to bottle neck the fw division even further.

Feel bad for zombie and llamas and other fw contenders that have to wait around now for probably another year to have their shot. Phone Post
Bro there's plenty of other divisions we could see title fights for in that wait time. Helax Phone Post
2/5/13 12:06 PM
GroundStPound

naughtiidawg liver kicked my SN -
MartialArtsMixed - This fight is so dumb in my opinion. Why take the #1 contender from lw and set up a fight with aldo that's 7 freaken months away??? That's just going to bottle neck the fw division even further.

Bro there's plenty of other divisions we could see title fights for in that wait time. Helax Phone Post
But what's the point if they are both healthy? With TUF holding up LHW and there will surely be injuries in other weight classes...

I'm sure we could have Pettis Aldo lined up for May. Phone Post
2/5/13 12:08 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Did they announce venue? They also may have it out so far so they can set up a Brazil venue... Phone Post
Is it possible they want it to headline a Fox card? Phone Post
2/5/13 1:36 PM
ShoreBreaker420gotfunkedintheASSkren
1020 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6 months wait blows Phone Post
2/5/13 1:37 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, people will complain about anything
2/5/13 1:59 PM
MartialArtsMixed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I talking about the other featherweights, Phone Post
2/5/13 2:02 PM

MartialArtsMixed -

I talking about the other featherweights, Phone Post
Oh I see. Yeah man your right, that does suck. That doesn't mean they can't have really good FW bouts to hold it up, but its a downside as far as title contention goes. Phone Post
2/5/13 2:06 PM
Mihow

7 months may not be a lot now, but when Aldo is close to retirement and the past years of his prime are spent with two fights a year, as a fan, it sucks.

He and the UFC can do what they like, I just want to see fights. And fuck TUF and it taking fighters away as well Phone Post
2/5/13 2:10 PM
Aaron Becker

not a big fan of Pettis at all but I wish this fight would happen sooner too

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.