UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What did Chad Mendes Do Wrong?

2/5/13 11:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Delorian
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OscarGoldmen - Mendes is skilled and usually pretty exciting,however Aldo is on another level. I think they are slow tracking him to another shot to keep the fights new and less rematches perhaps. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
2/5/13 12:00 PM
naughtiidawg liver kicked my SN
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor Me A New One -
naughtiidawg liver kicked my SN - Mendes vs Lamas would solidify a spot for either. Taking out Cody M. Isn't exactly #2 status worthy Phone Post
Disagree.

The co-main of the Aldo vs Pettis card should be Lamas vs Zombie to determine No.1 contender.

It's too soon for Mendes to be getting another shot. Give someone else a chance. Phone Post
Your right, forgot about TKZ.
How about,

TKZ/Lamas

Mendes/Manny winner vs Siver/Poirier winner Phone Post
2/5/13 12:05 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They did try to give him Hacran Dias who is very good. I'm not sure why he's fighting Gamburyan now. Phone Post
2/5/13 12:12 PM
Keahi60
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lulz McGee - Lesser level of competition=finishes.

They're not punishing him. Just waiting until he's grown as a fighter or possibly until Aldo moves up to LW permanently. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
2/5/13 12:18 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And they are probably worried about Mendes beating contenders Phone Post
2/5/13 12:26 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
KZ is entertaining but he has nothing for guys like Lamas or Mendes
2/5/13 12:43 PM
unfilter
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - KZ is entertaining but he has nothing for guys like Lamas or Mendes

kidding, you dont have to shut up unless you want to, haha~  i disagree though.  i think KZ has proven he won't be Rooped again.

2/5/13 1:18 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

naughtiidawg liver kicked my SN -
Vitor Me A New One -
naughtiidawg liver kicked my SN - Mendes vs Lamas would solidify a spot for either. Taking out Cody M. Isn't exactly #2 status worthy Phone Post
Disagree.

The co-main of the Aldo vs Pettis card should be Lamas vs Zombie to determine No.1 contender.

It's too soon for Mendes to be getting another shot. Give someone else a chance. Phone Post
Your right, forgot about TKZ.
How about,

TKZ/Lamas

Mendes/Manny winner vs Siver/Poirier winner Phone Post
Now I agree with you! :) Phone Post
2/5/13 1:19 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Wait, isn't Porier fighting Swanson, not Siver? Phone Post
2/5/13 1:22 PM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can -
shaqitup - 
Tomato Can - I don't see anything wrong with the Gamburyan matchup. It seems pretty sensible.

I wanna know why they're not pushing Robbie Peralta up the ladder. He beat Takaya (DREAM FW champ) in Strikeforce and in his most recent fight he destroyed Jason Young in 23 seconds, and his next opponent is ... Akira Corassani?

Yes it is rather sensible for the #1 ranked contender to face the #20 ranked fighter who has lost 3 of his last 4, only beating a guy who has lost 5 of his last 6.

I don't consider Mendes to be a #1 contender no matter what the "official" rankings say.
It is what the new official rankings say. Phone Post
2/5/13 1:59 PM
naughtiidawg liver kicked my SN
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor Me A New One - ^ Wait, isn't Porier fighting Swanson, not Siver? Phone Post
LOL. Fuck I meant Swanson. Long weekend man. I'm from New Orleans so I had a rough night haha. Phone Post
2/5/13 2:03 PM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GeneraI - 
Tomato Can -
shaqitup - 
Tomato Can - I don't see anything wrong with the Gamburyan matchup. It seems pretty sensible.

I wanna know why they're not pushing Robbie Peralta up the ladder. He beat Takaya (DREAM FW champ) in Strikeforce and in his most recent fight he destroyed Jason Young in 23 seconds, and his next opponent is ... Akira Corassani?

Yes it is rather sensible for the #1 ranked contender to face the #20 ranked fighter who has lost 3 of his last 4, only beating a guy who has lost 5 of his last 6.

I don't consider Mendes to be a #1 contender no matter what the "official" rankings say.
It is what the new official rankings say. Phone Post

I know, that exactly why I said "no matter what the official rankings say".

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.