UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> people are complaining about pettis v. aldo?

2/5/13 11:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i guess its true fans will find a reason to complain about anything...

do you guys believe that llamas is a tougher matchup for aldo?

do you guys believe that llamas is a more exciting matchup for aldo?

then, why are you complaining?

2/5/13 11:53 AM
aka_rtotheoh

Lamas would just try to wrestle. sure he deserves it. but its not a fight that gets me hard right now. Phone Post
2/5/13 11:54 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Some fans don't like instant title shots for guuys who have NEVER fought at a certain division before. 

they also complained about Edgar getting the shot...

2/5/13 11:55 AM
AldoErasedMyAnswer

Edited: 02/05/13 11:57 AM
<blockquote>Anderson's BBC in my Goku - <p>
i guess its true fans will find a reason to complain about anything...</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
do you guys believe that llamas is a tougher matchup for aldo?</p>
<p>
do you guys believe that llamas is a more exciting matchup for aldo?</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
then, why are you complaining?</p></blockquote><br />Lamas earned it, that's what people have a problem with. Aldo vs Pettis will be very exciting, it's just that the matchup doesn't make a lot of sense right now. Also, he said he didn't want to wait for Bendo in August but accepts a fight with Aldo in August, why?
2/5/13 11:57 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

pettis earned a title shot too...his record is more impressive than llamas who got ktfo by yuri...sure, it was in a different division, but are you guys saying that you never want to see superfights between weightclasses?

2/5/13 11:59 AM
DaleSonnen

Pettis/Aldo sounds like a good fight, kinda seems messed up now that guys can just jump ship after a win and get a title shot like that. Llamas is more deserving, since he has been at it in this division and has a four fight win streak. UFC wants to make money, Pettis will make more money, sell more PPVs and Pettis will be a more entertaining fight. Pettis also has more of a chance with Aldo.
2/5/13 12:02 PM
DreamSTi

6 months is too far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2/5/13 12:02 PM
UGCTT_AlexE
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's cool and all but I'd rather watch him beat up Benson. Phone Post
2/5/13 12:05 PM
Pinback
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis vs aldo has fight of the year potential. Im all for it! Phone Post
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problems I have with it:
A) there are already deserving guys at 45. TKZ, Lamas, and the winner of Poirier vs Swanson. All are potential title contenders who are wrecking everyone else in the division
B) this is two fights in a row where Aldo is fighting a challenger who has never fought in his weight class. It detracts from the value of every other contender at 145 and makes them seem not good enough
C) Bendo and Pettis need to meet again. There's just too much of a backstory Phone Post
AldoErasedMyAnswer

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

pettis earned a title shot too...his record is more impressive than llamas who got ktfo by yuri...sure, it was in a different division, but are you guys saying that you never want to see superfights between weightclasses?

I want to see superfights, but I'd prefer it be champ vs champ unless it's at the tale end of someones career like Franklin has done, fight at moneyweight. If Aldo Ko'd Lamas and Pettis beats Bendo then I think having Aldo vs Pettis to see who would be a dual title holder would be better. Just my opinion.
2/5/13 12:08 PM
DaleSonnen

I don't mind Pettis as much because he is coming off of a win, and he is very exciting to watch. I was annoyed with Edgar because of his double matches with Penn/Maynard/Henderson... it just got annoying after a while, no one should get a title shot in another division after dropping two, esp when those two were title shots them selfs. Pettis/Aldo sounds better than Edgar/aldo if u ask me.
2/5/13 12:10 PM
NorthernIrishZombie
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wanna know why it's six months away.

2/5/13 12:12 PM
The Paragon
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Complaining because its bullshit...lamas EARNED it...Pettis should wait...it's bullshit politics...pulling a move like this us no better than what boxing does Phone Post
2/5/13 12:14 PM
Masakyst
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A Llamas title shot just doesn't get my nipples hard, you know?
2/5/13 12:15 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't want to see Pettis leave lightweight but I can't complain about this fight. The only questionable part is the size difference. It's going to be an awesome fight. Phone Post
2/5/13 12:16 PM
AldoErasedMyAnswer

The Paragon -  Complaining because its bullshit...lamas EARNED it...Pettis should wait...it's bullshit politics...pulling a move like this us no better than what boxing does Phone Post

Exactly, I thought Dana had learned from all of boxings mistakes?
2/5/13 12:16 PM
Anthraxxx
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis would have to wait for a shot at 155 title after Melendez.

Much better fight than even a rematch with Bendo.

Only complaint is that its 6 fraking months away, just as everyone is pointing out.

Both guys are coming off wins where the damage taken was minimal to none.
2/5/13 12:19 PM
DaleSonnen

your right Paragon... these guys jumping around like this is taking away from the integrity of the weight classes. There should be something in place to protect these guys who earned their fair shot. At the same time tho, who doesn't like Superfights.. Right now its easy to be ok with Pettis because of how exciting he is, and also in turn how boring Lamas is. If it was another division and it was say a more popular fighter getting pushed aside from his title shot I would probably be a little more pissed. Maybe they should only be able to make Champ vs. Champ Superfights?
2/5/13 12:25 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ -  The problems I have with it:
A) there are already deserving guys at 45. TKZ, Lamas, and the winner of Poirier vs Swanson. All are potential title contenders who are wrecking everyone else in the division
B) this is two fights in a row where Aldo is fighting a challenger who has never fought in his weight class. It detracts from the value of every other contender at 145 and makes them seem not good enough
C) Bendo and Pettis need to meet again. There's just too much of a backstory Phone Post

UG will not respond well to logical thoughts like these.

2/5/13 12:27 PM
OscarGoldmen

I don't think bendo is the type of fighter to really call someone out but I wonder if he will accuse Anthony of ducking. Phone Post
2/5/13 12:29 PM
FSMA

OP, there are people that would bitch if you gave them wrinkled money.
2/5/13 12:31 PM
The Paragon
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/13 12:31 PM
It's the UFC/WWE...they're creating a "story line"...give Pettis a title shot in a division he doesn't fight in and screw Lamas...Lamas gets upset for being passed over because he def earned it...creates bad blood, maybe some trash talk...BOOM!...Pettis and Lamas then fight...it's just shady politics no better than a reality show where they manipulate things for ratings
2/5/13 12:42 PM
ranier wolfcastle
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wont complain

2/5/13 12:46 PM
UGCTT_MMArijuana666
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -

i wont complain

I don't understand why anyone would? This fight is going to be amazing.

It's has fight of the year written all over it. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.