UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bas Rutten: Fedor is the greatest MMA fighter ever

2/5/13 1:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Funaki Masakatsu #1
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From his comments about Alistair Overeem, Bas also shed light on who he thought was the greatest MMA fighter to ever live:

"I am just saying that Big Foot has upset the world before and stopped Fedor (Freaking Fedor people!! In my book still the greatest)"

Link:

https://www.facebook.com/BasRutten/posts/442653112471726

2/5/13 1:22 PM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/5/13 1:28 PM
Donoghue88
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People compare fedor era to todays, which dumb. Nobodies matched his arua yet.
2/5/13 2:07 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True story. Phone Post
2/5/13 2:08 PM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas knows his shit
2/5/13 2:15 PM
mygodthisMMA
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-10 years undefeated. Modern fighters fight once a year and can't go one year without losing.

-The division he fought in was arguably tougher and deeper.

-He fought and won multiple times in the same night, multiple times.

- 7 and 0 against former UFC champions.

- ***TEN MINUTE FIRST ROUNDS***

- Fought in the ring which eliminated the ability to run from your opponent.

- During his reign he was challenged and always came back to win decisively.

- He should have cut to 205, but never tried so he could prove himself the best at his natural weight.

- Didn't lift weights or strength train for years.

- He trained in a fucking snowy park.

- The most nimble, swift, and clever HW fighter of all time. He blended techniques together like a bantamweight.

- Knees to the head, kicks to the head, no elbows, and no cage. So no ability to just be stronger than his opponent and hold them down.

- Won fights decisively off his back numerous times, as well as being the most feared striker, and ground and pounder in the world. Legitimately the most well rounded fighter we had ever seen at that point in MMA.

- Fuck you you're a noob if you think different.
2/5/13 2:20 PM
Mister Collins
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, have to agree with the bold Dutchie.
2/5/13 2:21 PM
irishrottie
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Fedor was king of pride Anderson was getting tapped by Takase and Chonan. Perspective my frens.

2/5/13 2:39 PM
sparkuri

Truth Phone Post
2/5/13 2:49 PM
ABE FROMAN

irishrottie - 

When Fedor was king of pride Anderson was getting tapped by Takase and Chonan. Perspective my frens.

When Anderson was on a streak unequalled in the UFC, Fedor was getting KO'd by a guy who almost lost to Mike Kyle and a Middleweight that Anderson dispatched in 2.

Perspective.

2/5/13 2:55 PM
suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/5/13 3:03 PM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess - 

lol, couldn't have been more on que.

2/5/13 3:21 PM
Pro Ice
1956 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

2/5/13 3:36 PM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mygodthisMMA - -10 years undefeated. Modern fighters fight once a year and can't go one year without losing.

-The division he fought in was arguably tougher and deeper.

-He fought and won multiple times in the same night, multiple times.

- 7 and 0 against former UFC champions.

- ***TEN MINUTE FIRST ROUNDS***

- Fought in the ring which eliminated the ability to run from your opponent.

- During his reign he was challenged and always came back to win decisively.

- He should have cut to 205, but never tried so he could prove himself the best at his natural weight.

- Didn't lift weights or strength train for years.

- He trained in a fucking snowy park.

- The most nimble, swift, and clever HW fighter of all time. He blended techniques together like a bantamweight.

- Knees to the head, kicks to the head, no elbows, and no cage. So no ability to just be stronger than his opponent and hold them down.

- Won fights decisively off his back numerous times, as well as being the most feared striker, and ground and pounder in the world. Legitimately the most well rounded fighter we had ever seen at that point in MMA.

- Fuck you you're a noob if you think different.

I agree with you on most these point...BUT...

This also means that since there was no elbows or no cage...the opportunity for Fedor to be held down by some just stronger wasn't there, which means he too could very well have gotten pinned and elbowed into a Bolivian if Pride had a cage and he faced a game planning wrestler.

Just playing devils advocate on that point.
2/5/13 3:37 PM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I meant was there.
2/5/13 3:40 PM
J_Swift

ABE FROMAN -
irishrottie - 

When Anderson was on a streak unequalled in the UFC, Fedor was getting KO'd by a guy who almost lost to Mike Kyle and a Middleweight that Anderson dispatched in 2.

Perspective.

This and I am a huge Fedor fan. Phone Post
2/5/13 3:44 PM
Jons Forsberg

Edited: 02/05/13 3:44 PM
J_Swift - 
ABE FROMAN -
irishrottie - 

Perspective.

Champion : Cain Velasquez
1 Junior dos Santos
2 Fabricio Werdum
3 Daniel Cormier
4 Antonio Silva

now let's see where Takase and Chonan were ranked.
2/5/13 3:45 PM
maccadamion

Fedor had the best run of anyone in our sport, in my humble opinion , I agree with Bas. Fedor was the the baddest man on this planet , when The Pride Fighting Championships ruled the world. Oss!!
2/5/13 3:47 PM
D241

ABE FROMAN -
irishrottie - 

Perspective.

N/m. At first I thought you were referring to Werdum, and I was going to say that Werdum handled Mike Kyle, but I think you're talking about Bigfoot. I wouldn't say Bigfoot knocked him out, but a point was made and I see it.

2/5/13 3:49 PM
ABE FROMAN

Jons Forsberg - 
J_Swift - 
ABE FROMAN -
irishrottie - 

Perspective.

Champion : Cain Velasquez
1 Junior dos Santos
2 Fabricio Werdum
3 Daniel Cormier
4 Antonio Silva

now let's see where Takase and Chonan were ranked.

Does it benefit you to bring up a loss from  a decade ago? I'm pretty positive that the Anderson of today would trounce both of those fighters at the same time. 

irishrottie
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 
irishrottie - 

Perspective.

You mean Dan Henderson who is one of the best p4p ever and top 5 HW Bigfoot?

Pro Ice
1956 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come on guys Fedor WAS NOT KO'd by Big Foot.

No doubt Fedor was beat up but a testament to his heart he was ready to come out for the 3rd...the doctor had to stop the fight!

And nobody can say for sure what would've happened if there was a 3rd round

2/5/13 3:56 PM
Jons Forsberg

"Does it benefit you to bring up a loss from a decade ago? I'm pretty positive that the Anderson of today would trounce both of those fighters at the same time. "

I didn't bring that up, you're trashing of Bigfoot was retarded though.
2/5/13 3:57 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pro Ice - 

Come on guys Fedor WAS NOT KO'd by Big Foot.

No doubt Fedor was beat up but a testament to his heart he was ready to come out for the 3rd...the doctor had to stop the fight!

And nobody can say for sure what would've happened if there was a 3rd round

This.

2/5/13 4:04 PM
ABE FROMAN

Jons Forsberg - "Does it benefit you to bring up a loss from a decade ago? I'm pretty positive that the Anderson of today would trounce both of those fighters at the same time. "

I didn't bring that up, you're trashing of Bigfoot was retarded though.

My trashing of the Takese/Chonan argument was completely appropriate. Don't skip over the cause to answer the effect, then go on to an honest-to-goodness retard comment by bringing up a 10 year old loss.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.