UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bas Rutten: Fedor is the greatest MMA fighter ever

2/5/13 10:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri -  I'll bet they'd make great ping pong players ;-) Phone Post

I bet you laughed as soon as you thought of that huh    lol

2/5/13 10:05 PM
Mufasatheking
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

Mufasatheking - 

Credentials in other sports shouldnt carry over.

I don't think they need to when comparing the striking of Fedor's toughest strikers vs Anderson's toughest strikers.

However I do think it would be relevent. For instance if we're doing the opposite, Travis Lutter is great at jiu jitsu, more accomplished outside of mma than in mma, but Anderson beating him by triangle is still impressive, you don't agree?

Also impressive is triangle choking Dan Henderson. It's arguable Dan's wrestling accomlishments outside of mma are equal to his grappling skills shown in mma, but taking into consideration of both, that's very impressive to submit Dan on the ground like that, you don't agree?

???

he didnt triangle Hendo, it was an rnc, but yeah its impressive he subbed him because the only other people to sub him are the two nog brothers.

And i think what Anderson did to Vitor (hands down, first person to KO him, and with a move no one had done before) is more impressive then what Fedor did to Mirko.

The only other good striker that I think Fedor actually stood with is Arlovski, I dont see why Hunt and Schilt are considered to be "outstruck" by Fedor.

Seriously this is stupid, I cant believe that someone is actually arguing that Fedors striking skills are above Andersons, Andersons stand up is levels above Fedors, just like Fedors TD's and GNP are levels above Andersons.
2/5/13 10:18 PM
D241
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah you know I meant RNC. Was talking about triangling Lutter and that seaped over when talking about subbing Dan.

Anderson's striking is very good. He's had arguably more flashy moments, but I think Fedor has proven himself in striking than Anderson has. 

No wrong opinion though, they're both bad ass. Anderson definitely has the striking edge in the stand up clinch for sure.

2/5/13 10:20 PM
sparkuri

D241 200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down

2/5/13 10:23 PM
SonOfThePeepHole

mygodthisMMA - -10 years undefeated. Modern fighters fight once a year and can't go one year without losing.

-The division he fought in was arguably tougher and deeper.

-He fought and won multiple times in the same night, multiple times.

- 7 and 0 against former UFC champions.

- ***TEN MINUTE FIRST ROUNDS***

- Fought in the ring which eliminated the ability to run from your opponent.

- During his reign he was challenged and always came back to win decisively.

- He should have cut to 205, but never tried so he could prove himself the best at his natural weight.

- Didn't lift weights or strength train for years.

- He trained in a fucking snowy park.

- The most nimble, swift, and clever HW fighter of all time. He blended techniques together like a bantamweight.

- Knees to the head, kicks to the head, no elbows, and no cage. So no ability to just be stronger than his opponent and hold them down.

- Won fights decisively off his back numerous times, as well as being the most feared striker, and ground and pounder in the world. Legitimately the most well rounded fighter we had ever seen at that point in MMA.

- Fuck you you're a noob if you think different.
Anyone who thinks diff is a tick on danas nutsack Phone Post
2/5/13 10:24 PM
Mufasatheking

D241 - 

Yeah you know I meant RNC. Was talking about triangling Lutter and that seaped over when talking about subbing Dan.

Anderson's striking is very good. He's had arguably more flashy moments, but I think Fedor has proven himself in striking than Anderson has. 

No wrong opinion though, they're both bad ass. Anderson definitely has the striking edge in the stand up clinch for sure.

Why do you think Fedor has proven his striking moreso then Anderson?

I can understand having him as GOAT due to other reasons, but I think youre insane if you think his striking is better lol
2/5/13 10:38 PM
D241

Anderson's #1 striking performance=Vitor?   If that's the case, indeed it was more flashier, more exciting, more unique, however Vitor tagged Anderson and that fight had very little stand up. Hard to say how the fight would play out had it gone longer, but to Anderson's credit, he landed a strike that didn't have to.

Fedor's best fight was against a taller, more experienced, more well versed striker than Vitor. Mirko, before facing Fedor, had only lost 2 times. Once against the former hw Pride champion whom he was dominating the first 10 minutes, and the other was one of the biggest upsets in mma history when he was too worried about the takedown from a wrestler, and got got clean.

Besides those 2 losses, he had 16 wins, 14 of which came by way of finish, one of those avenging his loss to Randleman. Was also riding a 7 fight win streak beating guys like Mark Coleman, Josh Barnett, Kevin Randleman, Alexander Emelianenko.  

The fight took place mostly on the stand up where Fedor dominated the feared striker.

When Anderson faced Vitor, Vitor was on a 5 fight win streak beating 2 noteable opponents in Lindland and Franklin.

We could go down the list but I'd rather not do that. 

2/5/13 10:51 PM
Mufasatheking

The first Wand fight should be counted as a loss, wand clearly won but the rules stated that if it went the distance it would be draw.

Its funny how youre trying to use the fact that vitor landed a grazing strike that did no damage to discredit andersons head movement, while at the same time trying to discredit mirko getting KO'd by someone who has never had another KO victory. And everyone is always worried about the takedown, thats not an excuse.

The only ranked fighters Mirko has beaten were Fujitax2, Herring and Barnettx3. Other notable wins were igor and wand.

The first barnett victory was fluke injury and alex e was in his 3rd fight.

Coleman and Randleman were past their prime, its like mir beating the aged legends in nog and mirko.

Like 70-80% of the fedor/mirko fight was spent on the ground.

Im not saying Mirko is a bad striker, because thats retarded, but he really doesnt have any more accomplishments in MMA then Vitor does.

You also cant take just one fight each and use that to argue, if you take Andersons entire career and compare it to Fedors, its pretty obvious who the better striker is.

I need to sleep, ill read thread tommorow.
2/5/13 11:04 PM
BreakdanceFu
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mygodthisMMA - -10 years undefeated. Modern fighters fight once a year and can't go one year without losing.

-The division he fought in was arguably tougher and deeper.

-He fought and won multiple times in the same night, multiple times.

- 7 and 0 against former UFC champions.

- ***TEN MINUTE FIRST ROUNDS***

- Fought in the ring which eliminated the ability to run from your opponent.

- During his reign he was challenged and always came back to win decisively.

- He should have cut to 205, but never tried so he could prove himself the best at his natural weight.

- Didn't lift weights or strength train for years.

- He trained in a fucking snowy park.

- The most nimble, swift, and clever HW fighter of all time. He blended techniques together like a bantamweight.

- Knees to the head, kicks to the head, no elbows, and no cage. So no ability to just be stronger than his opponent and hold them down.

- Won fights decisively off his back numerous times, as well as being the most feared striker, and ground and pounder in the world. Legitimately the most well rounded fighter we had ever seen at that point in MMA.

- Fuck you you're a noob if you think different.
Well said.

And made me miss Pride *sniff. Especially those old Mick Bianchi commercial trailers.. Phone Post
2/5/13 11:13 PM
Ip Man 81

Man I with they could fight, just one fight in the UFC for Fedor against AS, so Silva could handle that shit and go home, end all the post 3 fight losing streak Fedor hype on the UG Phone Post
2/5/13 11:23 PM
46and2degrees

When Fedor came to the USA to fight he was a different man, fighting wasn't in his blood anymore.

Fedor in Pride was a savage, he would have wrecked anyone put in front of him. Phone Post
2/5/13 11:28 PM
sparkuri

Ip Man 81 -  Man I with they could fight, just one fight in the UFC for Fedor against AS, so Silva could handle that shit and go home, end all the post 3 fight losing streak Fedor hype on the UG Phone Post

I wish they could fight too.

Just one fight in a ring on NBC on World Series Of Fighting for the whole world to see, and end all the Anderson is GOAT talk with all you noobs.

But the UFC doesn't co-promote :-(

2/5/13 11:36 PM
slamming

irishrottie - 
ABE FROMAN - 
irishrottie - 

When Fedor was king of pride Anderson was getting tapped by Takase and Chonan. Perspective my frens.

When Anderson was on a streak unequalled in the UFC, Fedor was getting KO'd by a guy who almost lost to Mike Kyle and a Middleweight that Anderson dispatched in 2.

Perspective.

You mean Dan Henderson who is one of the best p4p ever and top 5 HW Bigfoot?

LOL at trying to claim a top 5 ranking for bigfoot when he bludgeoned Fedor.

2/6/13 12:29 AM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 
Jons Forsberg - 
ABE FROMAN - 
Jons Forsberg - "And 2 weight classes below the 'greatest ever'?"

you mean like Takase? but without any of Hendos accolades.

You mean in this decade without 10 years worth of knowledge? 10 years later Anderson crushes the guy who crushes your crush.

the whole career counts, we're talking about all time greatest not current greatest.

Ok? So Anderson has losses EARLY in his career when he wasn't as good of a fighter. Fedor has losses in his early 30's, a time he should've been in his prime.

Nobody begrudges Fedor, the problem is that you want to work off of Anderson's back in order to prove that Fedor is the King. I'm just showing that 2 can play that game.

Anderson fought Takase 13 fights into his career and when he was 28. Fought Chonan 17 fights into his career and when he was 29.
2/6/13 1:04 AM
orcus

"I dont see why Hunt and Schilt are considered to be "outstruck" by Fedor."

It's always hilarious when people use the list of good strikers Fedor beat to say what a good striker he is, and then include Schilt and Hunt whom he didn't even attempt to stand with.

"the whole career counts, we're talking about all time greatest not current greatest."

Then it sounds like you're talking about "greatest record" and not "greatest fighter". Anderson right now is the greatest fighter the sport has ever seen, regardless of what holes he had in his game in 2004.

2/6/13 4:00 AM
ricksongjj

ttt
2/6/13 9:04 AM
xsrg95
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/6/13 9:06 AM
Coffin Joe
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He knew it was his time and he was going out on his shield that night, and then they stole that from him.

...and us.

Beat to shit and still trying to sink that heel hook in.

Knows no other way.
2/6/13 1:35 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
2/6/13 1:40 PM
Osbot

What do people honestly think the lean mass difference was between Fedor and A.Silva in their respective primes?

I don't think it is actually that much, Fedor by maybe 15 pounds.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.