UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> will aoki ever be in the ufc???

2/5/13 1:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mixjitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

or is his stock higher by not constantly going against the top level fighters
2/5/13 1:59 PM
Nexuscrawlers
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

id love to see him in the UFC fw division, but i dont see it happening

2/5/13 2:01 PM
shaqitup
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if he would benefit from it tbh, he seems to be doing fine being the big guy in Japan, whereas if he entered the UFC he would have a lot of trouble competing against the top fighters.

2/5/13 2:02 PM
MartialArtsMixed
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If love to see it Phone Post
2/5/13 2:14 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He would be destroyed in the UFC

He is a master at submissions but that really seems to be his ace

His fight with Gilbert proved he wouldn't beat the Edgar's bensons Maynard's of the division Phone Post
2/5/13 2:22 PM
Mister Collins
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably not, I think he is happy to be a free agent.
2/5/13 2:48 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see him in the UFC but I don't think he would do very well in the long run... Phone Post
2/5/13 2:51 PM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope so, he can definitely hang in the UFC, although would definitely have big problems with certain guys.

2/5/13 2:51 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Few years ago maybe. Not now. Phone Post
2/5/13 2:52 PM
Wet Fish
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would a musician be in the UFC? Phone Post
2/5/13 2:55 PM
Neil McCauley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you guys seen what maia has been doing to the WW division? Aoki is pretty identical at 155. Both guys are very tall for the division and use judo takedowns to setup their incredible jiu jitsu. Aoki loses to very few lws in the world.
2/5/13 3:03 PM
thembones
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aoki seesm to have a bit more trouble cutting people off and setting up his takedowns in the cage. I wonder if he actually trained in a cage for the Melendez/Alvarez fights?

Aoki would do fairly well in the LW division IMO, probably beat some tough guys, but lose to the top 5 guys. The thing with Aoki's style/attributes is that when he wins, he looks amazing, but when he loses, he gets absolutely smashed into oblivion and looks helpless. Makes it a bit harder to gauge his viability based on the fights he's had in the cage so far.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.