UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Couture thanks DFW for making switch easy

2/5/13 4:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, there should be no way in hell that any coach should not be able to corner any fighter. If it is with the ACs, cant see any reason why Randy would be banned from cornering Ryan.
2/5/13 4:27 PM
Wasa-B
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - 

Just think about how unlikely, in the sport of MMA, it is for a guy to have a long and successful career.  The odds are against him from the beginning because he isn't guaranteed a chance to prove himself over the course of five fights.  Even if you're incredibly talented, you get a bad matchup or have a bad night and your whole career changes.  Randy is one of the few who became an Icon against all odds, and he can thank Randy for that because the system surely isn't designed to promote 20-year careers in fighting.  He might be a huge asshole, but he's earned the right to manage his career however he wants.

Exactly. I see this as business between 2 parties and they will both look out for their own interests. Zuffa does. Why cant Randy? Why cant Jones for that matter?
2/5/13 4:36 PM
shallowkal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck you Randy ! I paid £3.49 for expendables 2 on box office and your acting is shit Phone Post
2/5/13 4:46 PM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy now has the same company working to create a Randy Couture star product that created the Dana White television character and made it the biggest star in mma. This will be an interesting story to follow.
2/5/13 5:07 PM
xakx

shallowkal -  Fuck you Randy ! I paid £3.49 for expendables 2 on box office and your acting is shit Phone Post

What acting? He was in the movie for 10 seconds and said 2 lines! I watched the movie to see all the other guys in it, watching Randy in that movie was just a huge bonus to see him among those superstars.

If you wanna see Randy's bad acting watch the movie 'Hijacked'
2/5/13 5:08 PM
DonFrye_Fan

Easy to be a dick and then put the blame on the person you were a dick to when they make it public. Phone Post
2/5/13 5:17 PM
WoodenPupa
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
2JupitersTooMany - 

These fighters sign one-sided contracts binding themselves to multiple fights and these orgs have the discretion to dump them after one loss.  The only reason Randy made a name for himself with the UFC is because Randy kept winning.  The UFC would have crapped him out years ago otherwise like every other unlucky fighter who signs these silly contracts.  The man owes nothing to anybody, it's just a matter of whether or not he'll be better off in the long run burning the UFC bridge.

Not only did he keep winning, when he won, he won in dramatic/legendary underdog fashion. I dont know what was dealth with between Zuffa and Randy, nor do I care. Zuffa and MMA should not be completely synomous. Fighters are individuals and its great for Randy that there is life after the UFC. Its not healthy for Zuffa to control all the marbles in the sport from beginning to end. Other options keep it healthy.

I dont really have anything negative to say about Zuffa here but they should just let Randy be. They owe him just as much as Randy owes them.

Exactly, and the guys with all the marbles want to turn everything into an issue of "loyalty", as if that were the deep issue from day one. As if a fighter's career weren't contingent on winning (a quite different concept from mere "performance" in a regular work place) at the outset, and as if winning had something to do with loyalty.

Zuffa bizarrely insists that fighters owe them something after their careers are done. It's like an emperor tax added on at the end of the journey. "For all this work I've given you, you owe me!"
2/5/13 5:20 PM
Gnarly219
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
2JupitersTooMany - 

These fighters sign one-sided contracts binding themselves to multiple fights and these orgs have the discretion to dump them after one loss.  The only reason Randy made a name for himself with the UFC is because Randy kept winning.  The UFC would have crapped him out years ago otherwise like every other unlucky fighter who signs these silly contracts.  The man owes nothing to anybody, it's just a matter of whether or not he'll be better off in the long run burning the UFC bridge.

Not only did he keep winning, when he won, he won in dramatic/legendary underdog fashion. I dont know what was dealth with between Zuffa and Randy, nor do I care. Zuffa and MMA should not be completely synomous. Fighters are individuals and its great for Randy that there is life after the UFC. Its not healthy for Zuffa to control all the marbles in the sport from beginning to end. Other options keep it healthy.

I dont really have anything negative to say about Zuffa here but they should just let Randy be. They owe him just as much as Randy owes them.

VTFU, both of you.
2/5/13 5:29 PM
herculestex1

" YOU DIDNT BUILD THAT. SOMEBODY ELSE MADE THAT HAPPEN."
2/5/13 5:33 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xakx - 
shallowkal -  Fuck you Randy ! I paid £3.49 for expendables 2 on box office and your acting is shit Phone Post

What acting? He was in the movie for 10 seconds and said 2 lines! I watched the movie to see all the other guys in it, watching Randy in that movie was just a huge bonus to see him among those superstars.

If you wanna see Randy's bad acting watch the movie 'Hijacked'

2/5/13 5:34 PM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gnarly219 - 
Wasa-B - 
2JupitersTooMany - 

VTFU, both of you.

2/5/13 5:46 PM
Soup and Beer
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Othello - 
Archangel - Lol at the ufc zombies. Randy is about mma always has been always will. UFC is about UFC and nothing else.

Entirely incorrect. Randy Couture has always been about Randy Couture, 100% himself.... over past business partners, wives,family, friends, etc.... Doesn't matter what it is. He puts himself first over everything.

I somewhat agree.  Randy has always been about Randy, and the UFC has always been about the UFC so it's a wash as far as them owing each other anything. 

Should Randy be incensed that the UFC is competing against an organization that he now represents?  No, that would be silly.  It's all business and wanting to stay employed.  I work at a chemical plant but if I retired from there and wanted to work at a different plant, I don't feel I am "betraying" my former employer.

2/5/13 5:49 PM
New Leaf 1.0

2JupitersTooMany - 

Actually Randy lost plenty and has a history of lying about his contract with the UFC. He's like 10-9 in his last 19 UFC fights.
2/5/13 5:57 PM
Truemanc3
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loyalty and the UFC...HA!

Randy is doing what is good for him... just like DFW and UFC have done all these years!

Business is business!

UFC got more out of Randy than Randy got from the UFC!!!
2/5/13 6:22 PM
rbl
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead - Really is incredible how disrespectful Randy has been towards the UFC/Dfw.He'd be nothing without them. Phone Post
Well he was fighting in the UFC and Pride before Zuffa was even in the business, so no. Phone Post
2/5/13 6:40 PM
JBASS
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting - I know Dana said he isn't welcome at a UFC event, but can he really keep him out if Ryan is competing? I know that with a lot of other industries that you can't black-ball someone like that without some serious legal repercussions. 

2/5/13 6:49 PM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBASS - 

Interesting - I know Dana said he isn't welcome at a UFC event, but can he really keep him out if Ryan is competing? I know that with a lot of other industries that you can't black-ball someone like that without some serious legal repercussions. 

I'm getting the impression that Randy plans to work his sons corner based on what I'm reading. It'll definitely be fun to see Zuffa try to keep him from working Ryan's corner. The optics of it will be tremendous!
2/5/13 7:16 PM
Soup and Beer
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ticktick - I think that his response is very respectful and thankful, considering how Zuffa blocked Randy from fighting in Affliction.

Well, he had a contract that prevented him from doing that.  Now he has no contract, so he can do whatever the fuck he wants really.

2/5/13 7:19 PM
JBASS
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - 
JBASS - 

I'm getting the impression that Randy plans to work his sons corner based on what I'm reading. It'll definitely be fun to see Zuffa try to keep him from working Ryan's corner. The optics of it will be tremendous!

Yeah I can't see them being able to keep him out. They can come out and say that he isn't welcome at an event, but I don't think they have any legal grounds to stand on if he wishes to actually attend - whether it be to corner his son or just watch fights. He probably wont get any air time like other stars who attend the events, but he will always be recognized by the people there.

He will probably need to get the tickets under an alias or else he will be given seats up in the nose bleeds!! lol 

2/5/13 7:25 PM
man meets fate

Othello - 
Archangel - Lol at the ufc zombies. Randy is about mma always has been always will. UFC is about UFC and nothing else.

Entirely incorrect. Randy Couture has always been about Randy Couture, 100% himself.... over past business partners, wives,family, friends, etc.... Doesn't matter what it is. He puts himself first over everything.

2/5/13 7:32 PM
armbarheelhook
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wes_Mantooth - The UFC will still be the dominant force in MMA for the next ten years.

Will Bellator be in business in 2 years? Maybe, maybe not.

Randy is betting on Bellator surviving and that is a bet I would not make.

heck, i would take the bet that Bellator (will) be around in the next 2 yrs.. With Viacom owning a significant share, these 2 new reality shows, not to mention being on Spike.

Bellator will make it to 2015 for sure!! Phone Post
2/5/13 7:36 PM
Schifty
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Typical manipulation. My assessment...Soft. Phone Post
2/5/13 8:06 PM
MARC BULGER

Frank Gallagher -
Archangel - Lol at the ufc zombies. Randy is about mma always has been always will. UFC is about UFC and nothing else.
Lol Phone Post
It's the truth. Phone Post
2/5/13 9:32 PM
grafzep
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MARC BULGER - 
Frank Gallagher -
Archangel - Lol at the ufc zombies. Randy is about mma always has been always will. UFC is about UFC and nothing else.
Lol Phone Post
It's the truth. Phone Post

Randy has always been about Randy, and I don't think there is one thing wrong about that.
2/6/13 7:40 AM
Smellde Gluve
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.