UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Couture thanks DFW for making switch easy

2/6/13 8:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad thing is, after a year or two, Randy will probably leave Spike for some other promotion that offers him more money.

Guess he has to watch out for himself, but he has never displayed loyalty really.

Still one of my favorite fighters of all time though.

Dana would have been smarter just to not comment on it.
2/6/13 8:29 AM
Choken Necks
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demcat -  I've gone from randy fan #1 to not being able to stand him. I've always seen him be an asshole to people, but always forgave him. Now I'm starting to believe all the rumors. That he's not a good guy at all. Phone Post

So the straw that broke the camels back was the move to Bellator?
2/6/13 8:36 AM
Choken Necks
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uniquetechnique - 
tempus - 
uniquetechnique - 
Frank Gallagher - 
uniquetechnique - Randy said that Randy was a dick once you get to know him better, I have only met the guy about 6 times but I know people that USED to work for Randy and Let's say, all 4 of them no longer work for him.
Best post ever Phone Post

BUwhahahahaah. I'm gonna leave it like that too. Brain fart I guess. VTFU for the find.

You voted him up for noticing something that was near impossible to miss? O_o

I'm starting to doubt that your original typo was JUST a "brain fart" ....

Hey! I know what am doing I. So off lay me please.

Lol VU unique
2/6/13 10:38 AM
SamboMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Archangel - Lol at the ufc zombies. Randy is about mma always has been always will. UFC is about UFC and nothing else.

Let's be honest. Randy is all about Randy as much as UFC is about UFC. Nothing wrong with that. You have to be all about yourself if you want to survive in Sports.
2/6/13 11:10 AM
SJBenoist
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never seen people so angry about an unemployed guy finding a job :/

Good for Randy.

Also, get used to it. Other fighters are going to look for work after they retire from fighting. Zuffa can't keep them all on the payroll, and the bigger the name, the bigger the offers they will get.

P.S. Watching him beat Belfort was one of the all-time great moments in MMA history. It may not seem like much today, but at the time it was amazing.
2/6/13 11:15 AM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

Archangel - Lol at the ufc zombies. Randy is about mma always has been always will. UFC is about UFC and nothing else.
This. Lets not forget Dana is a fucking snake. Phone Post
2/6/13 11:32 AM
mmaattorney
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demcat - I've gone from randy fan #1 to not being able to stand him. I've always seen him be an asshole to people, but always forgave him. Now I'm starting to believe all the rumors. That he's not a good guy at all. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
2/6/13 2:25 PM
Fabefromfort

When I first heard about Randy talking to someone, with the size of his name and brand, I immediately, like others thought another MMA Organization. I thought something big is going on. Obviously bigger than a job at UFC. Then this thing comes up. It could be a precursor to what I said..ie Randy wants part ownership in a MMA Organization. And why wouldn't he ?. The prospects are enormous. A name that size and the UFC a billion dollar organization, with no rivals. The opportunity is huge and there, for someone to get it right. It's the approach, get the TV deal, then the money then the fighters, all already exposed. Do it backwards if you will. It's safe and easy if you got help, and they do with Viacom and Spike TV. All the Networks are trying to get in on the action while the gettin's good. Just a matter of time. UFC won't be and end all, be all to everything MMA. That's when MMA takes off. Or...we may have seen the best, and the biggest ( the heyday) of MMA. People just don't want to see 2 guys dry humping each other for 15 or 25 minutes at a time. Mega fallouts in ratings and viewership. Oh there's bright spots here and there, but gone are the days of million plus PPVs. It's 20 to 40 percent that now on average, even with big names. Now a good day is 400,000. Dangerous times for MMA.
2/7/13 12:32 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

Everyone on here is so quick to turn around on him. Let the man make his own money! The UFC uses their fighters enough over their careers to keep on controlling them afterward. WTF Dana fucking bans a hall of famer??? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.