UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What's going to happen with MMA?

2/5/13 2:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/13 2:43 PM

Now that Bellator and WSOF are getting big deals, the UFC isn't the only show in town anymore. On top of that, big fighters are leaving and going elsewhere.

What will MMA be like in 5 years?

Your predictions go here _____________________________________________

2/5/13 2:44 PM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im way more interested in how fast mma is spreading worldwide

2/5/13 2:44 PM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I predict UFC being the old Pride(#1), but Bellator becoming the old UFC(a close 2).

Bellator is making BIG moves, and with Viacom's backing, I think Bellator will still be around in 5 years.

We'll see if I'm either wrong or right about that.

2/5/13 2:46 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC will stay number 1 by a lot, but the competition will force them to keep the product at a high level. Phone Post
2/5/13 2:48 PM
Chris27

Wha big fighters are leaving and going elsewhere?

And yeah the UFC isnt the only show in town but they are the only one that matters.
2/5/13 2:50 PM
D241
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's what I want to happen.

UFC is waiting, JUST WAITING, to get New York sanctioned. When that happens, UFC will have a few events there. About a year after it's sanctioned in NY, UFC will start to apply for rule changes. UFC will go BACK TO IT'S ROOTS, and eliminate many of the rules that could be applied in actual fighting.

This will make UFC have that WOW factor it's been missing for years. We'll have kicks/knees to a downed opponent, way more draws or fights to the finish, ELIMINATE judges.

Hey, one can hope right?

2/5/13 2:56 PM
Chris27

Frankly I dont see the WSOF lasting, they did 200k viewers and had a 352k payout for the first show, I dont see them being a long term profitable org.

Bellator will be around but doing 700k to 1 mill viewers, selling 2,500 tickets and doing cheesy TUF rip off shows aint gonna get them near the UFC.

In 5 years WSOF will be gone, Bellator will be a distant number 2 or possibly even gone. Depends, its cheap programming and they probably are good with 800k viewers a week so that could be enough to keep the around long term.
2/5/13 2:58 PM
ABE FROMAN

Chris27 - Wha big fighters are leaving and going elsewhere?

And yeah the UFC isnt the only show in town but they are the only one that matters.

Rampage comes to mind.

Couture was a former champion.

Frank Shamrock was also a champion.

Arlovski is already there.

I'm not saying these guys are the best guys, I'm just saying that MMA fans will pay attention. When they start to pay attention then top guys might have to consider different different options.

This thread is for your prediction, not mine though.

2/5/13 3:01 PM
Nexuscrawlers
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they will all be open to co-promotion (for the good of the sport of MMA) and work together to give the fans all the matchups that need to happen regardless of what organization guys fight for.

i know it will NEVER happen, but it shouldnt be that crazy of an idea.

2/5/13 3:03 PM
xakx

UFC is going to be number 2 MMA organization within the next 5 years due to poor business decisions.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.