UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BELLATOR NEEDS STARS...

2/5/13 2:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chokeyou
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/05/13 2:59 PM

Their ratings are dropping like a rock..

Now that they have Randy mayve people will get on board..
2/5/13 4:37 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They need some former UFC fighters with NAME RECOGNITION.

And other NAME fighters, king mo ETC.
2/5/13 5:36 PM
12SixElbow
618 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're getting there, calm down.

They've been a company for 4 years, they're doing things right, growing, slowly.

The reason Affliction failed was going too big too soon.

WSOF will be the same, they're trying to be too big, mis matches and no depth = death.

2/5/13 5:37 PM
Mufasatheking

fightsfan - They need some former UFC fighters with NAME RECOGNITION.

And other NAME fighters, king mo ETC.

"former" fighters arent draws.

if Chandler keeps winning and finishing he could be the bellators main draw.
2/5/13 6:35 PM
chokeyou

I just started another thread about this, they're American idol with fighters and not getting deals done with their champions.
2/5/13 6:38 PM
DanielCaton

Edited: 02/05/13 6:39 PM
Wes_Mantooth - My guess is that Dana will crush Bellator when it comes to bidding for talent. Ben Askren will be the biggest winner in all of this.

The UFC has 0 interest in Askren.  Curran and Chandler however will be sitting very pretty.

They are doing it right, though.  Find prospects, develop them.  Winning tourney's gets you some name quality.  I guess it's from the sport itself grew from tourneys; wrestling, karate, etc.  They should start eyeing other organizations for their talent like MFC and Legacy. 

Grow slow enough to offer a cheap ppv for like $19.99 then they could have a product.

2/5/13 6:48 PM
TexasBadAss
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is going to be an uphill battle for Bellator. They need a guy with highlight reel knockouts that people will line up to watch. Askren good at what he does but not going to generate a lot of buzz.
2/5/13 6:51 PM
smth416
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanielCaton -
Wes_Mantooth - My guess is that Dana will crush Bellator when it comes to bidding for talent. Ben Askren will be the biggest winner in all of this.

The UFC has 0 interest in Askren.  Curran and Chandler however will be sitting very pretty.

They are doing it right, though.  Find prospects, develop them.  Winning tourney's gets you some name quality.  I guess it's from the sport itself grew from tourneys; wrestling, karate, etc.  They should start eyeing other organizations for their talent like MFC and Legacy. 

Grow slow enough to offer a cheap ppv for like $19.99 then they could have a product.

The ppv market is already saturated.

I know I wouldn't pay 20 bucks for Bellator. Phone Post
2/5/13 6:54 PM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They need paid posters on MMA forums.

Rarely any interview, no buzz at all online. Bellator threads are lucky to get 10 replies.

2/5/13 6:55 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
It's a shame people watch MMA for just names. Bellator always has awesome/entertaining fights, and that's what's important. Unfortunately tho, OP is right.
2/5/13 6:55 PM
Authority Figure

They may just need some MMA fans. Phone Post
2/5/13 6:56 PM
Chris27

smth416 - 
DanielCaton -

The ppv market is already saturated.

I know I wouldn't pay 20 bucks for Bellator. Phone Post

If Bellator really does try to go on PPV they are gonna flop so bad.

Who would buy a Bellator PPV? With one UFC PPV a month there is no way Bellator is gonna sell, plus if I'm the UFC and i see they are doing a PPV I counter that with a free show on Fox to fuck with them.

Or even a free FX show but with a lower weight class titel fight, even if they have to throw it together quickly I'd do it just to take attention away from Bellator.

If they do a PPV throw a Flyweight title fight on FX, It would do 2 million viewers and that would take a huge chunk of the mma base that wouldnt be buying Bellators PPV.
2/5/13 11:42 PM
chokeyou

The PPV thing is BS..

You need stars... Which is my point.

They use the right to match clause instead of trying to renegotiate prior to the e d of the deal. Which screws over the fighters. No stability, etc.

Zuffa has overpaid people, but they don't lose guys who could be stars...
2/5/13 11:48 PM
HenryO

They need to do something about that terrible broadcast, it hurts to watch and listen to.

Fast forward to the one fight I want to see and go half speed through the others to see if theres anything worth watching
2/5/13 11:54 PM
DanielCaton

Points all very well made.

But if you notice I said take it slow.  As in, build your roster.  They could swoop some talent from the UFC just by offering their mid tier guys a better contract.  Get some quality names to add to their weight classes.  And use King Mo to market the Rasslin group the way Brock did.  I'm saying in time, roughly 3-5 years just keep building your roster. AND KEEP YOUR TALENT.  Pay these guys, they do have Viacom money support here.  IF they offer the money, the talent will follow.

The great news is there is prospects out there, go get them and develop them.  I'm telling you if they offer a PPV for $20.00 people would buy it.  It would crack the 200k buy mark and that's a start.  And just keep building from there and look 10 years down the road, not next month.

2/6/13 12:05 AM
12SixElbow
618 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

King Mo with the pro wrestling co promotion could do a PPV.

Give it time.

They get a cross promotion with TNA, and you never know

2/6/13 12:20 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

Ever since cole konrad retired, things went downhill.
2/6/13 12:28 AM
Macedawgg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

They're getting there, calm down.

They've been a company for 4 years, they're doing things right, growing, slowly.

The reason Affliction failed was going too big too soon.

WSOF will be the same, they're trying to be too big, mis matches and no depth = death.

Bellator's slow boat isn't the result of a lack of want. 

They fully intended to be on PPV by 2009. 

As to what they are now building--the jury is out.  Following the acquisition by Viacom, this was said: 

"Once we made the investment in Bellator, then the cost of programming (went down). We don’t pay a rights fee. There’s no more millions going out the door....the financial exposure is not as great." 

It could be they seek cheap programming.

2/6/13 1:07 AM
HenryO

12SixElbow - 

King Mo with the pro wrestling co promotion could do a PPV.

Give it time.

They get a cross promotion with TNA, and you never know

TNAs biggest PPV does like 20k buys. Others gotta be under 10k.

I dont see how Bellator could mkae moeny off a PPV
2/6/13 6:15 AM
Bigaback

They have a great Featherweight division, that would be their big rating boost.
And theirs always fpgreat LW fights so maybe Michael Chandler could be their big star
2/6/13 6:45 AM
Nexuscrawlers
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have lots of very exciting fighters, people just dont recognize them yet. As Bellator gets more popular, their own stars will emerge.

2/6/13 6:47 AM
TenOfSwords
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well they do have a future star in Mike Mucitelli.

Don't forget that name.  You're going to be hearing it a lot in the months and years ahead.

2/6/13 10:55 AM
chokeyou

Bigaback - They have a great Featherweight division, that would be their big rating boost.
And theirs always fpgreat LW fights so maybe Michael Chandler could be their big star

Featherweights don't pull ratings..
2/6/13 10:56 AM
chokeyou

They had two on the rise..

Both were allowed to finish their contracts and sign with zuffa.
2/6/13 12:03 PM
huggy bear

It's ironic cause Uriah Hall fought for Bellator and won but they never kept him and after 1 spectacular ko win on tuff he is already more well known the 95% of their fighters. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.