UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ramon Dekkers: Reem took the beating like a b!^$#

2/5/13 2:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ramon "The Diamond" Dekkers is one of the all time greats in Kickboxing. The sometime stand up trainer for Team Golden Glory, the former home of Alistair Overeem, was not impressed by 'Reem's performance Saturday night vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva.

Via Twitter:
ramon dekkers ‏@diamonddekkers

Alistair Overeem I thought we've teached him to take a beat like a man....not like a BITCH!

2/5/13 3:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems a bit harsh

talk about kicking a guy when hes already down.

2/5/13 3:08 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - 

seems a bit harsh

Jesus, D.  Get out of my head already...so "THIS."

2/5/13 3:16 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His Reem actually used his fucking jab, he would have murdered Silva within a minute. Silva was standing still, zero head movement or footwork. ..
2/5/13 3:16 PM
GaryColeman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I challenge anyone to take a punch from a 260lb monster like Big Foot in any other fashion. Phone Post
2/5/13 3:25 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GG finally getting there revenge on Overeem after he jumped ship
2/5/13 3:30 PM
sadisticsoldier
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He may be a former world champion, but I doubt he knows much about taking a true heavyweight barrage with bad intentions. Seems like he is the real bitch for saying this.
2/5/13 3:32 PM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen - 
DamnSevern - 

seems a bit harsh

Jesus, D.  Get out of my head already...so "THIS."

X3.

If he made that statement in a post on this forum, he'd be banned with the quickness. No class.
2/5/13 3:34 PM
Weldd

sadisticsoldier - He may be a former world champion, but I doubt he knows much about taking a true heavyweight barrage with bad intentions. Seems like he is the real bitch for saying this.

Ramon Dekkers has earned the right to sat anything he wants.

brigsy
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem was trying to emulate the slide and slip style without having the quickness of non Bigfoot Silva. Phone Post
Weldd

Weldd - 
sadisticsoldier - He may be a former world champion, but I doubt he knows much about taking a true heavyweight barrage with bad intentions. Seems like he is the real bitch for saying this.

Say anything he wants.

Say.

2/5/13 3:39 PM
caposa
1848 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some people take loyalty very seriously. Alistair burned a lot of bridges at Golden Glory.

2/5/13 3:41 PM
irishrottie
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem walked himself into a ton of backlash but that comment is pure trash.

2/5/13 3:44 PM
GaryColeman

circa305 - That fight was a perfect example how big a difference steroids make.

No doubt in my mind that wold have been a first round KO if Ubereem showed up instead of regulareem.
I disagree. He controlled Big Foot pretty well the first two rounds. Steroids won't help you take a punch.

I think his over confidence was the issue. I spent the whole fight yelling at the tv when he kept dropping his hands. Phone Post
2/5/13 3:45 PM
NAKMEEZY

Reems standup was really awkward. Almost as if he'd been training with Rashad and decided to try and emulate Rashads standup for this fight.

No more hand down and shoulder roll crap man...go back to your dutch lumberjack style.

not having any horsemeat probably hurt him too
2/5/13 3:47 PM
sadisticsoldier

Weldd - 

Did I say otherwise? Doesn't mean he looks good saying it or that he is right. Anyone, including Dekkers, would not be able to control how their face contorts while being KOed. As a professional you'd think he'd know that. Instead he calls Overeem a bitch and ridicules his KO face in a public forum. Maybe that is his right, but it is my right to say he is wrong and more of a bitch for doing it.
2/5/13 3:49 PM
Eric Bloodaxe

DamnSevern - 

seems a bit harsh

My thoughts exactly. I guess some of the boys at GG have a beef with Reem.

2/5/13 3:50 PM
Ray Cappa

I guess dekkers never learned the english.
2/5/13 3:51 PM
Bipolar

circa305 - That fight was a perfect example how big a difference steroids make.

No doubt in my mind that wold have been a first round KO if Ubereem showed up instead of regulareem.

I don't think you can say this with any certainty. Reem was juiced against Werdum, and fought just as bad, though obviously he didn't get KO'd in that fight.
2/5/13 3:51 PM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - 

Overeem walked himself into a ton of backlash but that comment is pure trash.

Agreed. Overeem acted like a cocky punk, and while I was rooting for him I can certainly see how he deserved to lose. Attempting to be Anderson SIlva at *heavyweight* is absolutely insane.

He also seemed to suffer a bit from the same reluctance to engage that Rashad had - wonder if that's a coincidence or something to do with Blackzillians coaching?

But anyway, this comment is garbage. It's not like Reem quit in there, tapped to strikes, turtled, or anything. He had like 10 huge shots from one of HW's hardest hitters. He was out on his feet.

Nothing about how Reem lost screams "Bitch". Overconfident as fuck, but bitch? Totally unwarranted comment.
2/5/13 3:52 PM
sadisticsoldier

Eric Bloodaxe - 
DamnSevern - 

seems a bit harsh

My thoughts exactly. I guess some of the boys at GG have a beef with Reem.

For sure, that is what this is really about. Dekkers obviously knows you can't control your face while being KOed. But this is more about that beef than Overeem's face.
2/5/13 4:14 PM
Pompei
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brigsy - Reem was trying to emulate the slide and slip style without having the quickness of non Bigfoot Silva. Phone Post
Right on the money. Phone Post
2/5/13 4:16 PM
Gabesberts

For being a kickboxer, he did kinda look bad that round...
2/5/13 4:23 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now, if he had tapped out due to strikes or something I can see that kind of reaction, but Overeem got put to sleep at least twice in that sequence, I'd say that's taking your beating like a man.

2/5/13 4:29 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

no way Ramon could tweet something like that and not come off as petty imo.

big fan, but poor taste.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.