UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Carano: I would love to be part of WMMA now

2/5/13 3:28 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Speaking of competition, do you ever think of getting back in the ring?

"I am always training, because I love it. But I would have to train specifically with a fight in my mind. That hasn't entered my mind yet. I'm just preoccupied with my next project. I want to grow in this space. It's really challenging for me. It's attractive to me. Not like fighting isn't. But it's emotionally painful to act. You want to get better even after people smash you down. You want to be better than you were before."

Do you think you were ahead of your time? Now female mixed martial arts is really coming into its own with the arrival of superstar Ronda Rousey.

"I love what's happening now. I love that Ronda came along and revamped the sport, and she brought it back. It broke my heart when it fell apart a few years ago. It was kind of hard when I was fighting, because people were saying, 'Who are you going to fight now? What are you going to do now?' I would love to be a part of it now. When I watch UFC, it's still my dream to fight. I'm so happy that it's happening for the women. I feel like I was a part of the beginning of it."

You've always tried to stay in shape, and now you're working with Under Armour on a project for women called "What's Beautiful." What does that mean for you to inspire women to get into shape?

"We're all given gifts. You shouldn't be greedy. You should feel good about yourself and not be greedy of what other people have. It's a constant battle for everybody, but you need to be happy with yourself."

read entire article...

2/5/13 3:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pat Giles
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Female HW division. Dana? You in? Phone Post
2/5/13 3:47 PM
in_different
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Giles -  Female HW division. Dana? You in? Phone Post

Hey everybody, I found the biggest asshole on the UG
2/5/13 3:48 PM
shaqitup
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different - 

Well we all know how the UFC brass feels about SHW.

2/5/13 3:49 PM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If only she could drop to 135 and fight Honda. I'd buy that for a dollar! Phone Post
2/5/13 4:07 PM
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
744 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/13 9:25 AM

Maybe she would love being a commentator in some capacity,but Gina won`t be back as a fighter.What she is doing is wanting promoters/fans to believe that there is still a chance of her returning.

2/5/13 4:20 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That pic of her is so sexy Phone Post
2/5/13 4:35 PM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever -  That pic of her is so sexy Phone Post

What pic isn't?
2/5/13 4:36 PM
Quik
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
in_different - 

LOL...it was kinda funny though
2/5/13 4:38 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure why anyone cares about her anymore, she aint coming back, she is using mma fans to promote her movie career.

She'll drop hints about yeah I train, I'd love to be a part of it that way just like this we all come and talk about her and keep her name out there which promotes her and her movie coming out.

She will never fight again. She shows up when she has a movie coming out because her movies are directed at the male 18-34 demo which is the big demo for mma fans.

2/5/13 4:43 PM
BRZ

I doubt Dana would turn down Gina if she were to come back. If Gina were to make 135lbs she could always fight Ronda, Kaufman, and Miesha Tate. Maybe even a rematch with Cyborg. Phone Post
2/5/13 4:43 PM
Bisping got KOd by Jesus
744 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 has just casted the correct.

2/5/13 4:45 PM
ABE FROMAN
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea, Chris27 is right, Gina won't have that kind of motivation until her movie career stalls.

2/5/13 5:10 PM
DonFrye_Fan

I love how some people think Gina was the first badass female fighter. Phone Post
2/5/13 5:12 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

if dana wants to reviive TUF and fend off bellator it will do a ronda/gina TUF w. co-ed coaches and fighters

2/5/13 5:18 PM
Vasechkin

I doubt Gina can make 135, she had problems making 145 for her fights.

Also, she is in demand in Hollywood.
Why fight?
2/5/13 5:19 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Vasechkin - I doubt Gina can make 135, she had problems making 145 for her fights.

Also, she is in demand in Hollywood.
Why fight?

ronda will end up making more than gina in the next few years i bet...ALOT more

2/5/13 5:26 PM
TEX4N32
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Not sure why anyone cares about her anymore, she aint coming back, she is using mma fans to promote her movie career.

She'll drop hints about yeah I train, I'd love to be a part of it that way just like this we all come and talk about her and keep her name out there which promotes her and her movie coming out.

She will never fight again. She shows up when she has a movie coming out because her movies are directed at the male 18-34 demo which is the big demo for mma fans.

This to a T Phone Post
2/5/13 5:31 PM
DaddyRich
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gina's pretty damn lazy. At least The Rock gets in the ring when he has a movie to promote.
2/5/13 5:35 PM
BRZ

DaddyRich - Gina's pretty damn lazy. At least The Rock gets in the ring when he has a movie to promote.
Yeah not sure Gina couldn't do both. Even Randy made movies between fights. Gina could do the same if she wanted too. Phone Post
2/5/13 5:43 PM
DanCrase
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Not sure why anyone cares about her anymore, she aint coming back, she is using mma fans to promote her movie career.

I "care" about her, sure; she may no longer be a fighter, but she still got in there and fought. For that I'll always hold a degree of respect for her. Plus, she's hot.

Everything else, I couldn't agree with more. Her interest in fighting died when Cyborg put her away. It'll never be back.
2/5/13 5:52 PM
Pat Giles
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different -

Lighten up Francis.

Jeez. It was a joke. Though she has plumped up quite a bit since fighting Phone Post
2/5/13 6:00 PM
cambeezee

On don't think she understands what greedy meas. Phone Post
2/5/13 6:00 PM
cambeezee

*I Phone Post
2/5/13 6:07 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Coach for tuf women... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.