UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Maia vs Koschek?

2/6/13 6:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Letibleu
1696 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/13 6:17 AM

Kos is fighting Lawlor in 2 weeks. Should he win (which most people expect him to) Maia would be a great fight. In my opinion it would be the hardest test for Maia and a quick road to a title shot. A win for Kos and he might grace the top 5 rankings again.

All the other fighters that would seem interested are tied up much further down the line with fights that will dramatically alter the WW landscape.

What other matchups with available fighters would be interesting for Maia?

2/6/13 6:18 AM
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia vs Manhoef. Phone Post
2/6/13 6:22 AM
Letibleu
1696 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wrong weight class and Manhoef isnt in the UFC

2/6/13 6:22 AM
Rhys91
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rabid Bunyip - Maia vs Manhoef. Phone Post
Worst possible fight for Manhoef in my opinion.

Should keep him away from top BJJ guys and wrestlers for his first couple of fights. Phone Post
2/6/13 6:23 AM
Rhys91
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -

He's joining the ufc and his manager said he's fighting at 170 lol. Phone Post
2/6/13 6:26 AM
Letibleu

Edited: 02/06/13 6:26 AM
Rhys91 - 
Letibleu -

He's joining the ufc and his manager said he's fighting at 170 lol. Phone Post

You shouldnt be reading Bleacher Report for your news. Its like Watching Rosanne for tips on how to raise children

2/6/13 6:29 AM
joe canada
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In what way is Kos a better fighter than Fitch?

Maia, and it's not even close.
2/6/13 6:32 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoa whoa whoa. Manhoef is joining the UFC and fighting at 170??!

Is there a thread on this?

As for the topic at hand, Kos has easily the 2nd best TDD at WW behind GSP. That makes this probably the hardest fight for Maia outside of GSP, and maybe Rory (we still have no idea how good Rory's TDD is).

I'd take Maia over all the WW wrestlers except Kos and GSP, although Ellenberger and Hendricks would be tough fights.
2/6/13 6:37 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joe canada - In what way is Kos a better fighter than Fitch?

Fitch's MMA TDD is pretty mediocre (and I've said this even before the Penn fight). Kos has excellent TDD - in their 2nd fight even GSP couldn't control him.

You can argue Fitch is more consistent, but Kos is for sure a harder fight for Maia.
2/6/13 6:38 AM
Letibleu

His manager said he was joining thr UFC.

From what I heard they asked for way too much money (for a one dimentional fighter) and talks broke off. He is in talks with Glory. I bet he ends up with Bellator.

2/6/13 6:39 AM
Letibleu

DaemonDragon - 

Fitch's MMA TDD is pretty mediocre (and I've said this even before the Penn fight). Kos has excellent TDD - in their 2nd fight even GSP couldn't control him.

You can argue Fitch is more consistent, but Kos is for sure a harder fight for Maia.

Kos can box and his TDD is very good. Kos is in my opinion the perfect litmus test to see if he is ready for a contender fight. A win for Kos is also very benificial. Both fighters would gain a lot with a win.

2/6/13 8:18 AM
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -

Ok Phone Post
2/6/13 8:51 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Um....in every concievable way? Bigger, faster, stronger, better boxer, better wrestler, harder hitter, better TDs, better TDD, better chin, better submissions..... He's literally superior in every aspect. Maia wouldnt have a chance in hell. He'd get marquardt'd....again.
2/6/13 11:41 AM
joe canada
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaemonDragon - 

You actually make good points.

Will concede that Kos is quicker on the sprawl than Fitch. An excellent point.

Maia has to worry about Fitch's stand-up more than Kos', but Kos' quickness would make Maia's long-step "Bustamante" takedown harder.

To counter this, I'd say that of the two it would be less risky to come into clinch range with Kos than with Fitch, as Fitch is the better striker. Which would make the clinch-to trip takedown of Maia's harder to hit.

Nevertheless, I stand corrected. Given the style matchup, Kos might be a worse match for Maia than Fitch, even though I consider Fitch the far superior fighter.
2/6/13 11:48 AM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhys91 -
Rabid Bunyip - Maia vs Manhoef. Phone Post
Worst possible fight for Manhoef in my opinion.

Should keep him away from top BJJ guys and wrestlers for his first couple of fights. Phone Post
This. Also I like Manhoef but really doubt he gets a top ranked opponent like Maia right away. Phone Post
2/6/13 11:58 AM
NastyNate420
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joe canada - 
DaemonDragon - 

You actually make good points.

Will concede that Kos is quicker on the sprawl than Fitch. An excellent point.

Maia has to worry about Fitch's stand-up more than Kos', but Kos' quickness would make Maia's long-step "Bustamante" takedown harder.

To counter this, I'd say that of the two it would be less risky to come into clinch range with Kos than with Fitch, as Fitch is the better striker. Which would make the clinch-to trip takedown of Maia's harder to hit.

Nevertheless, I stand corrected. Given the style matchup, Kos might be a worse match for Maia than Fitch, even though I consider Fitch the far superior fighter.

You think Fitch has better stand-up than Kos? Kos hits harder and is a lot faster than Fitch. Although you might think Fitch is more technical, in a pure stand-up fight Kos wins that fight 9/10. He doesn't have to worry about getting KO'd by Fitch, he does with Kos.
2/6/13 12:11 PM
Cya

ttt
2/6/13 2:00 PM
Jmadd
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good matchup. i like maia but i think he'd have a tough time taking kos down, i'd take koscheck unanimous dec.
2/6/13 2:06 PM
kevsh
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kos' standup is too one-dimensional and predictable. I also doubt Maia would get KOed, it would look a lot like the Fitch fight except Maia would have to work a little harder for the TDs and if/when he gets Kos in position he could sub him.
2/6/13 2:41 PM
knuckleballs

Rabid Bunyip -  Maia vs Manhoef. Phone Post

Maia wins 9/10 times. Bad match making....
2/6/13 2:44 PM
knuckleballs

Maia will have a highly competitive fight against everyone in the division excluding GSP, where he will have little chance.

Still, i would love to see him vs Koscheck, Ellenberger, Hendricks and Shields. I think he smokes all the non-wrestlers with ease....
2/6/13 2:50 PM
ufc98newb
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaemonDragon - Whoa whoa whoa. Manhoef is joining the UFC and fighting at 170??!

Is there a thread on this?

As for the topic at hand, Kos has easily the 2nd best TDD at WW behind GSP. That makes this probably the hardest fight for Maia outside of GSP, and maybe Rory (we still have no idea how good Rory's TDD is).

I'd take Maia over all the WW wrestlers except Kos and GSP, although Ellenberger and Hendricks would be tough fights.

vote up. those are most of my thoughts

Kos probably wouldn't want to take him down either, so what we get is a mediocre kickboxing match. Kos has looked pretty one-dimensional on that end, and I could see Maia taking a decision if it came to that.

2/6/13 5:21 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

condit makes sense since he is basically #2 at 170 now if hendricks hasanother commitment

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.