UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chris Weidman Vs Uriah Hall (KO)

2/6/13 11:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Doc T
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris weidman is legit, I don't understand where people get off saying he's overrated. Phone Post
2/6/13 12:33 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doc T -  Chris weidman is legit, I don't understand where people get off saying he's overrated. Phone Post

I think over-hyped is the better term. The Anderson haters act like he is "the one", and has proven to be some wrecking machine who has the style to beat Andy (just like every previous challenger).

Reality is the kid looks GREAT, but is 9-0 and has only really fought a couple top tier opponents.

2/6/13 1:04 PM
REDRUM_NYC

Doc T -  Chris weidman is legit, I don't understand where people get off saying he's overrated. Phone Post

hate goggles they have on

2/6/13 1:14 PM
AssassinsNATION

Nice thread trying to take away from Urijahs accomplishments on TUF and spin it off in favor of Weidman. Keeping it classy I see. Phone Post
2/6/13 1:20 PM
Leck Brosnar

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

I think over-hyped is the better term. The Anderson haters act like he is "the one", and has proven to be some wrecking machine who has the style to beat Andy (just like every previous challenger).

Reality is the kid looks GREAT, but is 9-0 and has only really fought a couple top tier opponents.

I think it's just the opposite. Any MMA fan with eyesight sees that no striker is touching Andy, so a strong grappler with awesome takedowns is the ONLY chance to even challenge Anderson.
2/6/13 1:36 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^ I understand your point.

Do you really feel that Weidman has "awesome takedowns"? He struggled to get Sakara down for the whole first round...and didn't exactly dominate Maia in the TD department. Keep in mind that Munoz has been taken down with ease by Hammill, and Leben even took him down iirc.

2/6/13 1:56 PM
Leck Brosnar

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

^^^ I understand your point.

Do you really feel that Weidman has "awesome takedowns"? He struggled to get Sakara down for the whole first round...and didn't exactly dominate Maia in the TD department. Keep in mind that Munoz has been taken down with ease by Hammill, and Leben even took him down iirc.

True, can't really say how his takedowns would work on Silva. But still, I love seeing Anderson highlight reel people but would like to see him fight Weidman asap so that the fight doesn't end up being the one "what if" -fight, since Weidman is probably the only one in the MW division who could perhaps win a round against Anderson.
2/6/13 1:58 PM
TuLegit

Not really much of a KO... Phone Post
2/6/13 2:28 PM
REDRUM_NYC

TuLegit -  Not really much of a KO... Phone Post

He was out from the Left Hook that dropped him... Big Dan then let him take 47 unanswered punches....So that end looked weird

2/7/13 2:25 PM
Hitorkey
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's amazing what 2 and a half years is for a fighter. Also, assuming by some witchcraft, if the Weidman vs. Silva fight lined up in July, how long of a layoff would that be for Chris?
2/7/13 2:31 PM
Rival School

Pure -
Ingo Weigold -  Long time ago friend Phone Post

I know right. 2 and a half years ago.

AN ETERNITY!

Sadly, it probably will take some grainy film of Weidman destroying the latest "TUF Killer" du jour for people to give this kid any modicum of respect.

2 and a half years ago you didn't know Jon Jones name Phone Post
2/7/13 3:00 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Willy the Coyote - Uriah is flashy, but he won't be a big threat in the UFC. He backs up straight with his chin sticking out. Phone Post
Thats probably one of the easiest things to fix Phone Post
2/7/13 3:01 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

REDRUM_NYC -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  Good advertisement for Weidman, but an even better advertisement for Silva. There were so many opportunities in that 3min where a failed TD would have been met with a lethal, fight ending combo from Silva. Silva is at a level now where he needs only one slight opening and he ends the fight in 3 seconds flat.

If Weidman wants to take Anderson down he better start getting TD lessons from Chael stat. His GnP looked sloppy too - looked like Dan stopped it out of boredom more than anything else. Phone Post

Calm down there son.....

Sonnen has a TakeDown Accuracy % of only 60

Weidman has a TakeDown Accuracy % of 72  (GSP is 1st with a 78% rate) - Weidman needs a few more to qualify and be 3rd best of all time...

http://www.fightmetric.com/ufcrecords.php

Jones is 100 percent (: Phone Post
2/7/13 3:02 PM
jasonhightower
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote -  Uriah is flashy, but he won't be a big threat in the UFC. He backs up straight with his chin sticking out. Phone Post

So fighters on TUF have reached their max potential with no lack of evolving?  Hmmm....  this is dissapoint.

2/7/13 3:44 PM
The Machinist
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember thinking they way Hall was backing/leaning straight back during his TUF fight would get him in trouble. Obviously a bad habit if he has proof of it from 2 years ago and still hasn't corrected it.
2/7/13 4:22 PM
Bentleysuper8

Edited: 02/07/13 4:26 PM
TKO IMO.

Weird. First time I linked to this page the video was from a crazy dude in the crowd, now it's a clip shot off a TV.
2/7/13 5:52 PM
jasonhightower
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote - 
jasonhightower - 
Willy the Coyote -  Uriah is flashy, but he won't be a big threat in the UFC. He backs up straight with his chin sticking out. Phone Post

So fighters on TUF have reached their max potential with no lack of evolving?  Hmmm....  this is dissapoint.

Of course they can, but Uriah was doing the same thing in his TUF fight as he was doing in this fight against Weidman from three years ago. It's more of an instinctual thing than anything, which are much more difficult to get under control. I'm pretty sure his coaches have been trying to correct it for years now. He'll look okay against sub par strikers with limited takedown ability, but the moment he takes on a skilled stand up fighter, he's done.

I completely agree he's got some work to do to hang with the big boys, but I am not writing him off from a solid UFC career just yet.

2/7/13 6:04 PM
Maldini2706
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miragliotta letting the fight go far too long again. That guy really gets off lightly when it comes to ref criticism. He's an accident waiting to happen.
2/7/13 8:55 PM
REDRUM_NYC

ssj - Lol Anderson will roll Weidman all day

roll?

Silva dont wanna be rollin with this dude

2/7/13 10:39 PM
hockey fighter
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TKO, imo. Phone Post
2/7/13 11:56 PM
REDRUM_NYC

hockey fighter -  TKO, imo. Phone Post

The LEft Hook that landed put him out... Big Dan was blood thirsty that night

2/8/13 12:12 AM
elcornjr
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at "win stream"

Anderson silva has a long win stream. Phone Post
2/8/13 12:14 AM
Caught_clean
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was the first video filmed with a coat hanger?
2/8/13 12:28 AM
orcus

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
orcus - 

It's funny the Weidman huggers were talking up this fight as evidence that Weidman is a standup threat to Anderson.

What I saw is Weidman winning a mediocre standup fight with a TUF guy, going 1 for 3 on takedowns, and not being able to keep him down even on that one.  

Sounds like Anderson by first round stoppage to me.

yeah, but thats because you are a hating bitch..it was his 3rd fight...how good do wrestlers usually look in their 3rd fight?

But then in his Sakara fight he still couldn't get any takedowns in the first round, and that wasn't his third fight...what will your excuse be for why he doesn't get any takedowns before Anderson TKOs him? Pressure from the title fight a la GSP/Hughes, and in the rematch he'll destroy Anderson? Or will you shift your focus to Lombard, or Belfort again?

2/8/13 8:04 AM
Shogun121
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
REDRUM_NYC -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  Good advertisement for Weidman, but an even better advertisement for Silva. There were so many opportunities in that 3min where a failed TD would have been met with a lethal, fight ending combo from Silva. Silva is at a level now where he needs only one slight opening and he ends the fight in 3 seconds flat.

If Weidman wants to take Anderson down he better start getting TD lessons from Chael stat. His GnP looked sloppy too - looked like Dan stopped it out of boredom more than anything else. Phone Post

Calm down there son.....

Sonnen has a TakeDown Accuracy % of only 60

Weidman has a TakeDown Accuracy % of 72  (GSP is 1st with a 78% rate) - Weidman needs a few more to qualify and be 3rd best of all time...

http://www.fightmetric.com/ufcrecords.php

Sonnen has better TD's and GnP than Weidman. Weidman has better standup - that's it.

Come to think of it Weidman is a poor mans Silva when it comes to striking, a poor mans Sonnen when it comes to TDs and GnP and a poor mans Hendo when it comes to knockout power. Jack of all trades master of none.

Silva makes Weidman look stupid and ends the fight whenever he wants. Phone Post

Submissions are not a part of ufc anymore?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.