UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Delusional Dan Henderson?

2/6/13 9:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wen Sayne Khamrock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/13 9:51 AM

I was SO HAPPY when Dan Henderson knocked out Fedor because I've always been a fan of Dan's ever since before he fought in Pride. So, I ask the following question with only caring intentions:

Those of us who've suffered from athletic knee-ligament damage (myself included), do you all think Dan is suffering from any mental health issues for continuing to fight in UFC at his age so shortly after a serious knee-ligament injury? (hence my "delusional" adjective)

I saw Dan's most recent training video with Tarec Saffiedine on youtube.com and Dan shows all the TELL-TALE signs of a guy WITH A KNEE INJURY. By that I mean, I could tell he's shifting his weight off of his leg that "had" the knee-partial-torn-ligament. He cannot do this in the UFC as it will make him a punching bag by limiting his mobility and draining his stamina from the injury pain when he tries to move at 100% capacity. People do not miraculously recover 100% from partial ligament tears in the knee leaving them able to compete in pro sports Without surgery in my experience.

I want Dan Henderson to do well against Lyoto Machida, but seeing him limp (from an athlete's perspective) makes me seriously concerned about his mental state of mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCEYHiC0obs

What say you Underground?
2/6/13 10:07 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont know about dan being delusional but you are definitely a retard.
2/6/13 10:32 AM
potatoes
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In b4 OP gets SKooter'd by Hendo :) Phone Post
2/6/13 10:36 AM
Phisher

Jimmy Rustler - 
MysteriousNinjaFromMars - I dont know about dan being delusional but you are definitely a retard.
. Phone Post

He retired bro.

2/6/13 10:47 AM
Teddy KGB

trt is a helluva drug
2/6/13 10:49 AM
awesomestprime
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread title fail

I've never seen somebody misspell "awesome" so badly.
2/20/13 3:40 AM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

In Dan Henderson's latest video interview, it shows a clip of DAN TRAINING WITH A KNEE BRACE and completely avoiding using the injured leg. WTF PEOPLE?! Lyoto Machida is VERY good at moving in and out and Dan's injury will make him a Human Punching Bag. How can an athletic commission allow Dan to fight injured like this?!

Also, TRT does not matter with Dan's knee injury. Even if an athlete ingests a substance that merely masks the injury pain, that damage will drain the athlete's energy (prematurely) at some point in the fight. Am I the only one concerned that Dan Henderson is still too injured to fight?

2/20/13 3:59 AM
KingD87
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reminds me of anytime Shogun fights and people always claiming he had a limp at the weigh ins or during his entrance. Phone Post
2/20/13 4:14 AM
Loadin76
654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MysteriousNinjaFromMars - I dont know about dan being delusional but you are definitely a retard.

Yuppers.

2/20/13 4:24 AM
sgotwalks
659 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a huge Henderson fan.........met him a couple times, partied with him in Montreal at UFC 83, have a couple pictures taken on different days with him (one autographed) hanging on my wall..............yet.................yet, I put my money on Lyoto in this fight. It wasn't easy, but I bet with my brain instead of my heart this time, and my brain was screaming at me that there were too many things working against him this time around.

2/20/13 7:19 AM
SJCOTTON
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo via flying knee Phone Post
2/20/13 7:34 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SJCOTTON - Hendo via flying knee Phone Post
Spinning Flying Knee* Phone Post
2/20/13 10:57 AM
Son of Neckbone
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wen Sayne Khamrock - I was SO HAPPY when Dan Henderson knocked out Fedor because I've always been a fan of Dan's ever since before he fought in Pride. So, I ask the following question with only caring intentions:

Those of us who've suffered from athletic knee-ligament damage (myself included), do you all think Dan is suffering from any mental health issues for continuing to fight in UFC at his age so shortly after a serious knee-ligament injury? (hence my "delusional" adjective)

I saw Dan's most recent training video with Tarec Saffiedine on youtube.com and Dan shows all the TELL-TALE signs of a guy WITH A KNEE INJURY. By that I mean, I could tell he's shifting his weight off of his leg that "had" the knee-partial-torn-ligament. He cannot do this in the UFC as it will make him a punching bag by limiting his mobility and draining his stamina from the injury pain when he tries to move at 100% capacity. People do not miraculously recover 100% from partial ligament tears in the knee leaving them able to compete in pro sports Without surgery in my experience.

I want Dan Henderson to do well against Lyoto Machida, but seeing him limp (from an athlete's perspective) makes me seriously concerned about his mental state of mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCEYHiC0obs

What say you Underground?

I say delusional is an adverb.

I also wouldn't say that an aging athlete testing the limits of his body qualifies as mental illness.
2/20/13 11:09 AM
CherryHugger

Dangerous Decision Dan Hollywood Hendo Henderson should be healed up.
2/20/13 11:22 AM
bhealthy

not a good thread title imo. hendo is just playing the hand he's been dealt. and he's doin a pretty good job with it.
2/20/13 11:33 AM
JoeHurley
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who really uses the word "hence" in normal conversation?

2/20/13 11:39 AM
Woodford Mike
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan Henderson is a king among men and as long as those knees will get him to the cage, he'll be fine. Phone Post
2/20/13 11:44 AM
Pride Wanderlei

do you really think Dan Henderson needs two knee's? He'll be fine.

Hendo via H-Bomb Rd. 2

2/20/13 12:58 PM
andyman011

IMO Dan Henderson has always had a weird almost unorthodox footwork style. If you look at the bisping ko he hops forward on one leg. When he gets rocked, he leans on one leg. Look at the Anderson fights too.

Its just his footwork not a limp, a style Phone Post
2/20/13 1:09 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

TopGrinder - 
JoeHurley -

I concur with your statement.

Also Hendo is battle tested. He is a real fighter with that old school mentality. He is a guy that will go out on his shield and not like a pussy like many of today's fighters that will run from battle because of a stubbed toe. Phone Post

To be fair, let's not pretend like he will fight anyone anywhere anytime.

He can cry about Anderson's opinion that he didn'twant to rematch Dan. The reality is that Dan flat out refused fights that Zuffa offered him 3 seperate times.

Marquardt for #1 contender after he beat Bisping- He said no and signed with another org.

Lil' Nog recently

Shogun rematch recently

2/20/13 1:57 PM
FaQ2

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TopGrinder - 
JoeHurley -

Also Hendo is battle tested. He is a real fighter with that old school mentality. He is a guy that will go out on his shield and not like a pussy like many of today's fighters that will run from battle because of a stubbed toe. Phone Post

He can cry about Anderson's opinion that he didn'twant to rematch Dan. The reality is that Dan flat out refused fights that Zuffa offered him 3 seperate times.

Marquardt for #1 contender after he beat Bisping- He said no and signed with another org.

Lil' Nog recently

Shogun rematch recently

I hate you Phone Post
2/20/13 2:21 PM
FaQ2

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
TopGrinder - 
JoeHurley -

Lil' Nog recently

Shogun rematch recently

I dont believe you would be writing this if you knew what you were talking about. Phone Post
2/20/13 2:46 PM
myjawhurts
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -
Off the cage Phone Post
2/20/13 11:56 PM
Wen Sayne Khamrock

When was the last time Dan Henderson threw anything OFF THE CAGE? The answer is NEVER. I saw Lyoto's workout video and he looks VERY FLUID and solid in his strikes. Does anyone else think Dan Henderson should have got surgery to fix his knee and return to mma 100% healed?
2/21/13 1:06 AM
andyman011

myjawhurts -
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -
Off the cage Phone Post
While backflipping Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.