Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dear Mr. Sonnen,

2/6/13 2:48 PM
kuuzo

Gabesberts - An actual rank system would be too complicated to introduce, and could even make divisions more stale than they already are. While I don't agree with every call made by the UFC, they do make some interesting fights, and that's what most people want to see

The only way to make a ranking system fair and consistent would be to make it more like a tournament, and Bellator is great and all, but one tournament style promotion is enough.
2/6/13 3:45 PM
SupesUp
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gabesberts - An actual rank system would be too complicated to introduce, and could even make divisions more stale than they already are. While I don't agree with every call made by the UFC, they do make some interesting fights, and that's what most people want to see
This stuff.
Problem is that the sample size is far too small for an actual rank. It would be like if the nfl teams only played 2 games a year and then they tried to rank them. Phone Post
2/6/13 3:49 PM
easedel

@kuuzo

There is nothing wrong with the UFC setting up tournaments. It would actually be a good thing.

You could easily fill half a year worth of shows ( PPVs and Fox cards ) & it would give you a very good idea of where every would rank.

You would avoid having out of division fighters calling out champs, which does nothing but screw up those fighting for that top spot ( think of aldo vs pettis now ).

I think it would be a breathe for fresh air. It would also clear up some divisions that are a mess ( HW for example )
2/6/13 6:05 PM
BobD
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EckY - 

I expected more from the UFC rankings, they are basically just a popularity contest, for example why on earth is Shane Carwin still ranked?  He hasnt fought in more than a year and a half and he hasn't won a fight in almost 3 years.

On top of Franklin McNeil has a say in the rankings, thats just embarassing.

Carwin is still ranked on the UFC site because he is still an active fighter on their roster, and the instructions were clear: all active fighters will be ranked.  If it makes you feel any better, clearly several of the judges agree with you: 12 have him at #8 or higher, 12 below 10 or unrankable.  If you graph the frequency distribution, you get a saddle curve, not the bell you'd expect - and what you get for everyone else listed above him.  A saddle curve, in this case, indicates a inconsistent application of the rules.

2/6/13 10:05 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Chael is on point. Cannot understand why Dana is so mad at Randy while Zuffa has both Chael and Stann. Let Randy go to Bellator. Zuffa hardly needs him (he will still be good to watch on Bellator though).

Anyways i appreciate the fuck out of Chael during the Ultimate fighter. I think the heart to heart he had with Hall was awesome.

And now he is on form bringing the (slightly uncomfortable truth since we all have a craving for rankings,at least i have) truth to the people again. Ariel is a cool dude but he really has nothing on Chael.

2/7/13 10:48 AM
mofomike
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShaqNoob - "Thanks pipsqueak."

lol

:)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.