UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Uriah Hall thought he killed Adam Cella

2/6/13 3:46 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

There are no longer any question about who the TUF Beast is.

In his fight to get into the house, Uriah Hall beat Andy Enz, sending him to the hospital with a broken arm.

In episode 3 of season 17 of the Ultimate Fighter, Hall fought Adam Cella, and  delivered one of the most devastating knockouts in the sports' history. Again, his opponent was taken to the hospital from the effects of a single kick.

Cella suffered no serious injury from the blow, and is expected to fight at the TUF 17 Finale in April.

In the immediate aftermath of arguably the most violent televised knockout in combat sports history, Uriah Hall's overriding emotion was fear.

He was fearful he may have killed Adam Cella with the spinning back kick knockout that was broadcast Tuesday on FX.

He was fearful, at least for a moment, that the violence he had unleashed upon Cella would get him arrested.

"That's my favorite technique," Hall said of the kick. "... It's a little bit of an unorthodox move. If you have good speed and good whip, you can catch someone, and it's really deadly. I love to use that technique, and just from being in the ring with him, I'd seen how he would drop his hand a little bit.

"I had the chance and I capitalized on it and I took it."

Hall said that after landing the kick, his foot hurt for a week.

Read entire article...

2/6/13 4:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PersianMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC censored the events that took place after the KO. He was out for 4 minutes and was hyper breathing which is an effect stroke victims can show.

He also suffered from short time memory lost after the KO.
Let me know if you know any KO where the victim was out for 4 minutes and was hyper breathing.
2/6/13 5:04 PM
SonnendbySilva
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dammit! It doesn't air till tonight in the UK! Thanks for the spoiler. Phone Post
2/6/13 5:09 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PersianMMA - UFC censored the events that took place after the KO. He was out for 4 minutes and was hyper breathing which is an effect stroke victims can show.

Let me know if you know any KO where the victim was out for 4 minutes and was hyper breathing.

Only other one that was even close to that brutal on TUF before was probably Riddle's knockout.

2/6/13 5:19 PM
Gullivers Travels
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight reminded me of the felony fights KO where the heavily tattooed guy got knocked out by the fat Mexican and started breathing like Cella did.
2/6/13 5:28 PM
Mdson
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To me, Riddle KO'ing Dan Simmler and breaking his jaw on season 7 was more scarier than this one. The sound that guy made when he woke up was crazy.
2/6/13 5:31 PM
DanCrase
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't think the KO itself was as it was hyped to be; it was the fact Cella was unconscious for 4 minutes, hyperventilated and was taken to hospital that made it what it is. I also think it was him smacking his head on the floor in the way he did, rather than the kick, which was the cause of this.
2/6/13 5:35 PM
UGCTT_I Fcuking Love The USA
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonnendbySilva - Dammit! It doesn't air till tonight in the UK! Thanks for the spoiler. Phone Post
It aired at 2am this morning on ESPN. Phone Post
2/6/13 5:38 PM
HexRei

lol @ him describing the technique as deadly, but the article suggesting he was fearful that he'd killed someone.

"deadly", how does it work?
2/6/13 5:57 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Old Name Is Not Allowed - 
PersianMMA - UFC censored the events that took place after the KO. He was out for 4 minutes and was hyper breathing which is an effect stroke victims can show.

Wasn't on TUF, but Tim Sylvia vs Tra Telligman. Tra was carried out on a stretcher after that head kick, and had some substantial memory loss afterwards.

I can't verify, maybe someone else has a source, but I remember reading somewhere that while in the hospital Tra at first didn't know what happened and didn't realize he had already faced Tim. I won't paraphrase the quotes because my memory sucks even without getting a boot to the skull.

It was kind of the same with the kid Riddle KO'ed.  He was moaning on the ground for a little while really loudly and then when they finally got him up and out of the cage and onto a bench off to the side for a doctor to inspect him, they started asking him where he was and stuff, he thought he was still back home, sparring the day before heading out for TuF.  Then he asked "What the fuck is Rampage Jackson doing here?"

2/6/13 5:58 PM
And Wagners Cut

SonnendbySilva - Dammit! It doesn't air till tonight in the UK! Thanks for the spoiler. Phone Post
It aired last night. I recorded if. Phone Post
2/6/13 6:02 PM
UGCTT_Zacharinho
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean Salmon was out for a while.

2/6/13 6:30 PM
CherryHugger

I like how Dana gets up and leaves like "I ain't responsible for that shit".
2/6/13 7:08 PM
JBASS
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
My Old Name Is Not Allowed - 

Wasn't on TUF, but Tim Sylvia vs Tra Telligman. Tra was carried out on a stretcher after that head kick, and had some substantial memory loss afterwards.

I can't verify, maybe someone else has a source, but I remember reading somewhere that while in the hospital Tra at first didn't know what happened and didn't realize he had already faced Tim. I won't paraphrase the quotes because my memory sucks even without getting a boot to the skull.

It was kind of the same with the kid Riddle KO'ed.  He was moaning on the ground for a little while really loudly and then when they finally got him up and out of the cage and onto a bench off to the side for a doctor to inspect him, they started asking him where he was and stuff, he thought he was still back home, sparring the day before heading out for TuF.  Then he asked "What the fuck is Rampage Jackson doing here?"

Happened on The Smashes as well, Rob Whittaker from team Australia KO'd Luke Newman from team UK and when Luke was talking to the doctor in the team's room after the fight, Luke thought he was getting ready for the fight. 

2/6/13 7:14 PM
DanielCaton

How is it, that not one person has mentioned this mofo threw a Hyduken after the fight?  That's some next level celebration.  +1 

2/6/13 8:58 PM
HandyDarsh
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CherryHugger - I like how Dana gets up and leaves like "I ain't responsible for that shit".
Hahahah Phone Post
2/6/13 9:32 PM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny, as I live in the UK and it was on last night at 2am on ESPN... heavy. Phone Post
2/6/13 9:47 PM
MolsonMuscles
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch - 
KingofBJJ - How was this "arguably" the worst? It was probably unique in that it was never done before in TUF, but it wasn't violent.

I have seen guys pounded relentlessly while they are still out. Now that is violent.

So, that kick wasn't violent because other things that you've seen are more violent?

I just spilled my drink. I didn't get wet, because I've been in the ocean before.

I'm dry from this full drink spill because I've previously been in the ocean. It was orange Crush, I don't even need to wash this shirt, because it didn't get wet. I've been in the ocean. Now that is wet.

At least you didn't spill your scotch.
2/6/13 9:53 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
The good news is Adam has a job to go back to.
2/6/13 9:54 PM
Sprawl 68

I thought he broke his jaw, but it was more slap than snap Phone Post
2/6/13 11:19 PM
jasonhightower
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PersianMMA - UFC censored the events that took place after the KO. He was out for 4 minutes and was hyper breathing which is an effect stroke victims can show.

Whoa... Phone Post
2/6/13 11:26 PM
Mookie Blaylock

What is hyper breathing? Is that was Cella was doing when the zoomed in on his face while he was KO'd? Or is it something else?
2/6/13 11:37 PM
Leghound
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll let you guys argue about whether it was violent or not. All I can say for sure is when he was on the ground breathing like that I was (and still am, DAMN) fearful for the kid's career. Besides having the biggest balls of anyone this season he was looking pretty solid in there up til that point even though he looks like he should be fighting down a weight class or two.
2/7/13 1:03 AM
aaronlynton
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prob was a tough episode for his gf to watch... Glad all the guys get a chance to fight in the UFC (post show) Phone Post
2/7/13 1:36 AM
stonepony

Can't think of an example. You're right, and DW was probably right that this might have been the worst KO in a long time. You might have to go back to Tyson to really see somebody just get blasted off the planet like that.

They censored it in SF when Lawler dropped Melvin Manhoef. They waited and waited to show the replay, because Melvin appeared to be dead. Wasn't nearly as bad as what Urijah did here...

Cella was doing well actually, just like Melvin was. He had Urijah backing up most of the time. He was making it a fight, despite absorbing so many big shots.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.