UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> **Josh Barnett DECLINES UFC contract offer**

2/6/13 4:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sockeye
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darn, but then again he has always come across as a sarcastic, stubborn individual. Phone Post
2/6/13 4:49 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis -  One more Ace card in Bellator's hands. Nice going Zuffa, you fucked up. Phone Post

? It was Barnett who walked away from the contract and many people are saying its over either wrestling or drug testing.

shaqitup
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jmadd - 
shaqitup - 

Random drug testing?

that was my first thought. what a waste though i really wanted to see him against top comp. maybe he thinks he would lose against the top hw's of ufc

Meh i'm not really bothered if he doesn't sign to the UFC.

He's been popped twice, and outside of DC he hasn't really faced a top HW sice pride.

Chris27

RobinHood -  This is gonna be Barnett's final big payday. This is a negotiating ploy. Barnett's in an interview with Ariel last year said he accepted that being in the UFC meant exclusivity.

I'm pretty sure it's about the financials. Phone Post

Everyone is now saying its over drug testing, we'll see if thats true or not.
Malvert the Janitor
1045 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Egos clash... Phone Post
2/6/13 4:50 PM
mark9
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn shame Phone Post
2/6/13 4:50 PM
shaqitup
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis -  One more Ace card in Bellator's hands. Nice going Zuffa, you fucked up. Phone Post

Yeah a 35 year old with very little competition to fight in bellator. Who will he go up against, King Mo in a hell in the cell match?

2/6/13 4:52 PM
cheesesteak
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This could very well be a strategic move. Picture this, Josh becomes Bellator champ and a few years pass as Bellator is just about as big as the UFC (it's possible, I wouldn't underestimate the power of gaining viewers via spike)...Then a call to unify titles happens at tremendous amounts of $$$$$$

Possible right?
ShaqNoob
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAKMEEZY - Cormier already schooled him. UFC signed some big heavyweights this past 6 months. UFC needs Barnett way less than Barnett needs UFC..

Son, Cormier also knocked out Antonio Silva who just knocked out Overeem who was supposed to be the UFC's #2 or 3 guy. Barnett went 5 full rounds, Silva didn't last a round. Your argument is invalid.
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAKMEEZY - Cormier already schooled him. UFC signed some big heavyweights this past 6 months. UFC needs Barnett way less than Barnett needs UFC..
Exactly. I want him in the UFC, but he is in no position (imo) to demand crazy things (if that's what he's doing). Good luck in finding a dependent fight outside of the UFC. WSOF can't afford what he would be asking. Phone Post
2/6/13 4:53 PM
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ relevant fight (not dependent) Phone Post
2/6/13 5:00 PM
chokeyou

Just saw Bellator is planning a PPV. Which is retarded...

Unless they are about to sign Josh...
2/6/13 5:01 PM
clattymine
566 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham - My guess is this had nothi9ng to do with money as, they said they agreed on compensation. I think it has more to do with Barnett and outside projects Barnett is involved with IE Pro wrestling.

It says they agreed on "guaranteed compensation", PPV buys fall outside of this.

2/6/13 5:08 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was painfully obvious he was never gonna sign lol.
2/6/13 5:09 PM
Victor Parlati

Edited: 02/06/13 5:10 PM
I'm just lovin' the fact that a top heavyweight is telling Zuffa/White that they have to do certain things - whatever those things are...

Still pisses me off how they've bought/ruined/destroyed/put out of business other competitive mma venues.

Good for Barnett. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere. He's still one of the baddest dudes to ever fight mma as a heavyweight.
2/6/13 5:10 PM
rnunz
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aw man

2/6/13 5:10 PM
jimbonice

Big EP - I'm a little bummed. My opinion, I bet it was % of PPV compensation.
I'm guessing it was owning his own image. Phone Post
2/6/13 5:12 PM
aka_rtotheoh

And zero fucks were given by me as i continue to live my life normally. Phone Post
2/6/13 5:13 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimbonice - 

I could see that.
2/6/13 5:24 PM
cheesesteak
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 
jimbonice - 

I could see that.

That's what sucks about the UFC. Say you go somewhere else because it's not working out, now you have no more highlight reel of yourself. It's fucking rediculous
2/6/13 5:26 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/13 5:28 PM
twitter = @theCyrildotcom

terrible news, had to do with Wrestling Shows in Japan?

2/6/13 5:28 PM
MartialArtsMixed
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK YOU WRASSLING!!!
2/6/13 5:29 PM
chokeyou

cheesesteak - 
RileyPust - 
jimbonice - 

I could see that.

That's what sucks about the UFC. Say you go somewhere else because it's not working out, now you have no more highlight reel of yourself. It's fucking rediculous

how does this work exactly?
2/6/13 5:32 PM
XcessiveZ

elysian - I believe that The Warmaster is a much better overall fighter then DC, and if not for his broken hand, he'd have won that fight.
That's false. Phone Post
2/6/13 5:32 PM
Chris27

Cyril Jeff - 

terrible news, had to do with Wrestling Shows in Japan?

Its just speculation right now but I've seen some people suggesting its over drug testing.

Because why wouldnt his manager talk about wrestling if thats the case?

Nobody knows yet but the 3 things it could be are wrestling, drug testing or PPV money.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.