UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> **Josh Barnett DECLINES UFC contract offer**

2/6/13 5:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
XcessiveZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elysian - I believe that The Warmaster is a much better overall fighter then DC, and if not for his broken hand, he'd have won that fight.
That's false. Phone Post
2/6/13 5:32 PM
Chris27

Cyril Jeff - 

terrible news, had to do with Wrestling Shows in Japan?

Its just speculation right now but I've seen some people suggesting its over drug testing.

Because why wouldnt his manager talk about wrestling if thats the case?

Nobody knows yet but the 3 things it could be are wrestling, drug testing or PPV money.

2/6/13 5:35 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

no proresu?

That's got to be it. Phone Post
2/6/13 5:35 PM
chokeyou

Chris27 - 
Cyril Jeff - 

terrible news, had to do with Wrestling Shows in Japan?

Its just speculation right now but I've seen some people suggesting its over drug testing.

Because why wouldnt his manager talk about wrestling if thats the case?

Nobody knows yet but the 3 things it could be are wrestling, drug testing or PPV money.

explain the likeness thing..
2/6/13 5:37 PM
epwar
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
elysian - Avoided TOP HW's?

LOL

Rogers? Kharitonov? Nogueira? Cro Cop? Hunt?

I assume you're referring to my post and apparently the "past 6+ years" part confused you.  He has not fought Nog, Cro Cop, or Hunt in the past 6 years.

And you can LOL all you want, but since he left Pride, he hasn't fought top guys.  In the past 6 years, top HW's not in the UFC consisted of Fedor, Werdum, Overeem, Arlovski, Bigfoot Silva, Sylvia, Rothwell, Roy Nelson, etc...  Barnett fought in the same organization as all of them and they all managed to fight each other, yet Barnett magically avoided ALL of them.

He's fought 1 top guy in the past 6 years, and he lost.

This.

2/6/13 5:38 PM
steve sandstrom
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elysian - I believe that The Warmaster is a much better overall fighter then DC, and if not for his broken hand, he'd have won that fight.
Bullshit. So sick of hearing if so and so didn't do this or maybe if they did this they would have won. Fighters win and fighters lose quit acting like you know what WOULD have happened. Fag-it Phone Post
2/6/13 5:40 PM
chokeyou

steve sandstrom - 
Bullshit. So sick of hearing if so and so didn't do this or maybe if they did this they would have won. Fighters win and fighters lose quit acting like you know what WOULD have happened. Fag-it Phone Post

i'd pay top dollar to see a rematch..
2/6/13 5:41 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck!

2/6/13 5:43 PM
Wovito

aka_rtotheoh -  And zero fucks were given by me as i continue to live my life normally. Phone Post

. . . and seek out / post in threads about something that you allegedly give zero fucks about. Riiiiiiiiiight.
2/6/13 5:47 PM
UFCUKSTYLE

WAHT!
2/6/13 5:52 PM
Timtek

3, 4, 5 years ago the UFC needed quality HWs who were in competing promotions. Not so much anymore.
2/6/13 5:53 PM
Running the Gauntlet of Dicks
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What shit news!! I just vomited on my lap after seeing this news. Phone Post
2/6/13 5:58 PM
cool hand Ed
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unreal Phone Post
2/6/13 6:01 PM
Blunderhooks
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chokeyou -
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

no proresu?

what is that?
Pro wrestling Phone Post
2/6/13 6:02 PM
Chris27

chokeyou - 
cheesesteak - 
RileyPust - 
jimbonice - 
Big EP - I'm a little bummed. My opinion, I bet it was % of PPV compensation.
I'm guessing it was owning his own image. Phone Post

I could see that.

That's what sucks about the UFC. Say you go somewhere else because it's not working out, now you have no more highlight reel of yourself. It's fucking rediculous

how does this work exactly?

There was a thread where Shane Carwin explained it all, it was about Bellators likeness rights and Carwin broke it down.

2/6/13 6:03 PM
chokeyou

Chris27 - 
chokeyou - 
cheesesteak - 
RileyPust - 
jimbonice - 

I could see that.

That's what sucks about the UFC. Say you go somewhere else because it's not working out, now you have no more highlight reel of yourself. It's fucking rediculous

There was a thread where Shane Carwin explained it all, it was about Bellators likeness rights and Carwin broke it down.

does everyone have to do it?

Is it mandatory?

This may be the real issue..
2/6/13 6:07 PM
uberpinscher
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAKMEEZY - Cormier already schooled him. UFC signed some big heavyweights this past 6 months. UFC needs Barnett way less than Barnett needs UFC..
Get real man - he lost a war to possibly the best heavyweight out there? Barnett is a beast - and while yes the UFC doesn't "need" him, it's not like he will starve if he avoids the zuffa banner. Phone Post
2/6/13 6:14 PM
MMA Architect
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium -
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

no proresu?

Let the man puroresu!!!

Hear, here!!! Phone Post
2/6/13 6:15 PM
ColladoD

uberpinscher -
NAKMEEZY - Cormier already schooled him. UFC signed some big heavyweights this past 6 months. UFC needs Barnett way less than Barnett needs UFC..
Get real man - he lost a war to possibly the best heavyweight out there? Barnett is a beast - and while yes the UFC doesn't "need" him, it's not like he will starve if he avoids the zuffa banner. Phone Post
Lets be real here, best heavyweight outside the UFC, he hasnt fought inside the UFC, so his rank is yet to be measured Phone Post
2/6/13 6:19 PM
Tys
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, you're a fucking n00b.

Definitely a loss for the UFC, but where ever he decides to fight, I'm looking forward to seeing Barnett back in action.
2/6/13 6:24 PM
Megatherium
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Declined!!
2/6/13 6:27 PM
chokeyou

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
chokeyou - 
Chris27 - 
chokeyou - 
cheesesteak - 
RileyPust - 
jimbonice - 

I could see that.

does everyone have to do it?

Is it mandatory?

This may be the real issue..

Yes I believe everyone has to do it.  Remember when Fitch refused and they cut him?

If this is the case i absolute bullshit and zuffa isn't thinking about the fans.
2/6/13 6:28 PM
chaplinshouse
744 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uberpinscher - 

oh sure there's plenty of ufc type paychecks in mma to be had.  just cuz u don't starve doesn't mean u get to eat steak. 

also u missed his point, he simply said he needs the ufc more than the ufc needs him.  fact

2/6/13 6:29 PM
chokeyou

ColladoD - 
uberpinscher -
Lets be real here, best heavyweight outside the UFC, he hasnt fought inside the UFC, so his rank is yet to be measured Phone Post

crackhead mentality.

Zuffa just singed a guy who couldn't land a punch on Josh, while mid-flu..

Dudes a beast they can sign him or not, but saying he ain't all that is just ignorant...
2/6/13 6:30 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 

Random drug testing?

I'm betting this is at least one of the "outlying issues."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.