UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> **Josh Barnett DECLINES UFC contract offer**

2/6/13 9:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh destroyed Strikefore?  Now I've heard it all....

2/6/13 9:09 PM
FingerorMoon
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy obviously meant Affliction and typed Strikeforce by accident.....

I'm guessing its more about UFCs discretionary bonus money than anything else.

Contractual guaranteed money they apparently agree on. I can see it being difficult to come to an agreeable number when a lot of UFC pay apparently comes down to whatever Dana feels like bestowing via bonuses (disclosed and undisclosed)
2/6/13 9:17 PM
elysian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/13 9:16 PM
To person who said he "pissed hot too many times"...

Really, what is this big deal about pissing hot suddenly? I think it's because its not doctor approved, that's all there is to it. Once a doctor approves your TRT or whatever, piss all want, fill a couple of bottles, its all legal, I have a doctors note!
2/6/13 9:20 PM
Megatherium
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bentleysuper8 - 
hawaiidave -  He won't sign over his likeness to the UFC forever. Phone Post

Most Likely. That would mess up being in wrasling video games.

I also think this is it.
2/6/13 9:22 PM
DaddyGorg

just negotiating in the press
2/6/13 9:31 PM
soremano

Edited: 02/06/13 9:34 PM

if it's really the professional wrestling that is the sticking point he is not really taking a pay cut

sucks that professional wrestling is so popular though, it's fucking retarded

2/6/13 9:35 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excuse my french but some people here are spouting some dumb shit. Dont you think ever other serious MMA organisation has repercussions ready when someone test positive for steroids. Futhermore half of the fighters above 30 have an TRT exemption in the UFC. Josh can easily get one as well. Really not much difference to the whole steroid use isnt it.People need to get a little less sanctimonious about the whole performance enhancing drug test because most fighters will either use or are using already. Its just a question of when and how there going to get caught (are apply for an exemption for TRT use).

I would like to believe Josh does not look kindly on the fact that he cannot walk out to Bolt Thrower.

But i personally believe it has to do with the fact that Josh want to continue to catch wrestle. I think he is fine with taking a more realistic (hence less) payday for his fights in the UFC. But i do believe he wants to ''make up'' this difference with having the freedom to either wrestle in Japan or maybe use his new found fame of the UFC and transition into either TNT or WWF wrestling.

It might set a shitty precedent but personally i do not see any reason why this would have to scupper the deal. The just need to make it so that in case of injury the risk mostly lays with Josh. Then i really cannot see the downside for Zuffa.

Plus they hardly want to lend even more legitimacy to Bellator.I really do think the should be flexibel on anything apart from the PPV/money front,to make sure Josh does joins the UFC.

2/6/13 9:35 PM
DaddyGorg

It's not that popular in Japan now, where he works.
2/6/13 9:36 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has WWF crossover appeal.

Apart from Sonnen there is really nobody else out there anymore who talks trash in a fun way. Since WWF fans still are used to buying a shitload of PPV the cross over appeal of someone like Josh should be pretty obvious.

2/6/13 10:07 PM
SJBenoist
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet on the Proresu being the problem.

Since we don't how much Josh makes doing that, or what his long-term career plans are, it's preposterous to try and judge his decision.

(I don't see him doing a regular Pro Wrestling deal in the US though, those guys work too much to train for MMA.)
2/6/13 10:19 PM
OGT

wow this shit on my day
2/6/13 10:35 PM
chokeyou

fightharder - 

Excuse my french but some people here are spouting some dumb shit. Dont you think ever other serious MMA organisation has repercussions ready when someone test positive for steroids. Futhermore half of the fighters above 30 have an TRT exemption in the UFC. Josh can easily get one as well. Really not much difference to the whole steroid use isnt it.People need to get a little less sanctimonious about the whole performance enhancing drug test because most fighters will either use or are using already. Its just a question of when and how there going to get caught (are apply for an exemption for TRT use).

I would like to believe Josh does not look kindly on the fact that he cannot walk out to Bolt Thrower.

But i personally believe it has to do with the fact that Josh want to continue to catch wrestle. I think he is fine with taking a more realistic (hence less) payday for his fights in the UFC. But i do believe he wants to ''make up'' this difference with having the freedom to either wrestle in Japan or maybe use his new found fame of the UFC and transition into either TNT or WWF wrestling.

It might set a shitty precedent but personally i do not see any reason why this would have to scupper the deal. The just need to make it so that in case of injury the risk mostly lays with Josh. Then i really cannot see the downside for Zuffa.

Plus they hardly want to lend even more legitimacy to Bellator.I really do think the should be flexibel on anything apart from the PPV/money front,to make sure Josh does joins the UFC.

Nice post.

Glad you took the time.
2/6/13 10:40 PM
FullyLoadedFists

That really sucks to hear, hopefully it's just posturing for better negotiation. Phone Post
2/6/13 11:52 PM
rockwell
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Really want to so Joshuuuu Barnettooooo in the UFC
2/7/13 12:01 AM
mofomike
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh is vastly overpriced. Phone Post
2/7/13 12:17 AM
Humboldt
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chokeyou -
fightharder - 

Nice post.

Glad you took the time.
I concur.

Extreme lack of respect being shown to Josh in here. It sucks, but these a$$ clowns give all pros far more sh!t than should be gotten away with.

I sincerely hope they work it out. Barnett belongs in the UFC. Phone Post
2/7/13 12:27 AM
MountainMedic
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hawaiidave - He won't sign over his likeness to the UFC forever. Phone Post
I would think this Phone Post
2/7/13 12:33 AM
orcus

I'm a fan of Josh but I could definitely live without the prowrestling schtick. His post-fight at the last Strikeforce was just silly, and not in a funny way.

2/7/13 1:51 AM
x FOX x
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he should go on the JRE again and talk about how manly he is again Phone Post
2/7/13 1:57 AM
D241
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mofomike -  Josh is vastly overpriced. Phone Post

Maybe he thinks the UFC hw division is overrated?

2/7/13 1:58 AM
CindyO

I was hoping they'd reach a deal... dayum:(

Cindy

2/7/13 1:58 AM
garrote
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah well this pretty much sucks. Phone Post
2/7/13 2:09 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Damn

Was hoping for barnett to be in the UFC, cmon Dana make it happen Phone Post
2/7/13 2:14 AM
NavyCorpsman
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he goes to Bellator, do you think there is anyone worth fighting over there? He'd be can crushing. Not interested. I think at this point in his career he would be taking unnecessary risk for limited gain. He will eventually sign UFC/Zuffa's contract, unless he is truly more interested in pro-wrestling than his legacy.

Unless our pal Jimmy can call Mr. Cole Konrad and talk to him about this pesky retirement situation ... Phone Post
2/7/13 2:21 AM
sockeye
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds like the UG is more concerned about his career than he is

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.