UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> **Josh Barnett DECLINES UFC contract offer**

2/7/13 2:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smooth move Josh. Had your foot back in the door... Get hit in the head a lot doing all that Wretard Wrestling stuff? Shit, I was just getting ready to forget the guy's past and root for him. It would have been such a great come-back for the guy. Imagine if he got the belt? Would be insane. With his strong catch-wrestling, he's always got a chance to beat anybody. Who doesn't want to see him clash with Mir? Classic back-woods hillbilly wrestling, against cutting edge BJJ.

Is JB f'ing us out of some great fights because he wants to pursue fake-wrestling or something idiotic like that? Is he worried about fighting clean against the top-contenders?...
2/7/13 2:52 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the few well rounded guys that can give Cain alot of problems. Barnett is top 3 HWT. IMO the UFC is dropping the ball not signing that guy. Phone Post
2/7/13 2:57 AM
garrote
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - One of the few well rounded guys that can give Cain alot of problems. Barnett is top 3 HWT. IMO the UFC is dropping the ball not signing that guy. Phone Post
I think it's more Josh dropping the ball than UFC. Phone Post
2/7/13 2:59 AM
stonepony

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ -  One of the few well rounded guys that can give Cain alot of problems. Barnett is top 3 HWT. IMO the UFC is dropping the ball not signing that guy. Phone Post

You can't say that unless you know what the deal really was. Right? He could be trying to Fedor his way out of the top competition. You know, demanding that they build him a super-dome stadium and buy him an island in French Polynesia and stuff. It's a way to avoid fighting these top fighters, while getting to act like it's the UFC who just doesn't want you to embarrass the big names. He can bounce from upstart to upstart and get a big pay-day from each before they tank.

He's not top-3 IMO. But I'd love to see him fight Mir.
2/7/13 3:24 AM
Bucephalus

Edited: 02/07/13 3:24 AM
Josh values himself higher than he is worth imo..

After getting popped for PEDs not once... not twice.. but THREE times in MMA - he isn't one to be calling the shots. If he wants to fight in the big show, he has to do it on Zuffa's terms.

Otherwise... oh well. The fact remains that even if he added to the depth of the HW division (I believe he would).. he won't be missed by most fans if he never fights in the UFC again.
2/7/13 4:18 AM
madmav
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that sucks..

2/7/13 4:32 AM
ViciousCesar
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet Zuffa wants him to sign over the rights to his name and likeness so they can make games and dolls.
2/7/13 4:48 AM
Bucephalus

ViciousCesar - I bet Zuffa wants him to sign over the rights to his name and likeness so they can make games and dolls.

Part of the contractual dispute with the UFC is with Josh's contract with Doc Johnson for their use of his likeness in their anatomically correct life size blow up doll.
2/7/13 4:50 AM
Pappy Knuckles
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

I'm a fan of Josh but I could definitely live without the prowrestling schtick. His post-fight at the last Strikeforce was just silly, and not in a funny way.

I could deal without that stuff as well. His last post-fight interview was hard to watch and very disrespectful. I'm not a fan of Barnett at all so I don't really care if he comes to the UFC or not. He's a solid fighter, but outside of message boards, I don't think there's a huge following of fans salivating for his return.
2/7/13 7:12 AM
deljayson
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Curtis_E_Bare - If I had to guess I’d say it’s to do with the exclusivity agreement. Barnett likes to do the professional wrasslin’ thing and Dana has refused participation in other “sports’ in the past, boxing, sambo etc.
Brock Lesnar is still under contract but yet is allowed to do UFC...though he is a bigger draw so I can't see Dana shooting that down.

And yes Lesnar is still under contract. Cause Dana came out and said "In his contract he's allowed to do WWE" Phone Post
2/7/13 8:17 AM
awesomestprime
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would be nice to have him in the mix, but he IS NOT necessary AT ALL.

2/7/13 8:32 AM
elysian

Whatever organization he ends up in, I'll be watching, The Warmaster.
2/7/13 9:08 AM
JDV
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does he want to collect heads or pretend to collect heads? Fucking wrestling bullshit... Phone Post
2/7/13 9:13 AM
EckY
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barnett seems a little delusional.

2/7/13 10:06 AM
Slevin Kalevra

What the fuck is it with Barnett, dude is going to sit and watch his fighting days end. His prime is gone, the best he can do is take some big fights and collect decent pay days. Phone Post
2/7/13 11:13 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zuffa wont pay him in skulls of his conquered foes.

GODDAMNIT!

WARHAMSTER - SIGN THE CONTRACT
2/7/13 12:25 PM
Chris27

KingstonHawkeJr - 
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ -  One of the few well rounded guys that can give Cain alot of problems. Barnett is top 3 HWT. IMO the UFC is dropping the ball not signing that guy. Phone Post

Wait... did you just rank Barnett over Dos Santos??? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you can't just throw that out there without an explanation.

I like Barnett too, but who is his last quality win exactly?

Cain
DC
Werdum
Big Foot
JDS

They are all above Josh so no Josh aint top 5 or top 3.

Beating Nandor doesnt make you top 3, lol.

Josh would get a good addition but he'd lose to the top 3/5 HW in the UFC, beat the rest.

Cain would tool Barnett,it would be a massacre.
2/7/13 12:53 PM
kuuzo

sadisticsoldier - If you guys have seen the pro wrestling style prefight videos as of late in Bellator, I think Spike/Bellator/TNA would be a good fit for Barnett. I'd like to see him in the UFC, but it is kind of hard to see happening.

I'd love to see him in Bellator. I watch Bellator for a few fighters, otherwise I don't follow it, but I'd like to see Barnett clean up there.
2/7/13 1:24 PM
cward81386
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
elysian - Avoided TOP HW's?

LOL

Rogers? Kharitonov? Nogueira? Cro Cop? Hunt?

I assume you're referring to my post and apparently the "past 6+ years" part confused you.  He has not fought Nog, Cro Cop, or Hunt in the past 6 years.

And you can LOL all you want, but since he left Pride, he hasn't fought top guys.  In the past 6 years, top HW's not in the UFC consisted of Fedor, Werdum, Overeem, Arlovski, Bigfoot Silva, Sylvia, Rothwell, Roy Nelson, etc...  Barnett fought in the same organization as all of them and they all managed to fight each other, yet Barnett magically avoided ALL of them.

He's fought 1 top guy in the past 6 years, and he lost.

100 percent agree with this. He was once a top10 hw, but anyone thinking he still is, is out of their mind. He had his chance to get back into the top 10, but obv didn't want that.
2/7/13 1:41 PM
chokeyou

mofomike -  Josh is vastly overpriced. Phone Post

how much has zuffa offered him?
2/7/13 1:44 PM
UGSlapshot

Crushed... :( Phone Post
2/7/13 1:46 PM
chokeyou

KingstonHawkeJr - 

Wait... did you just rank Barnett over Dos Santos??? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you can't just throw that out there without an explanation.

I like Barnett too, but who is his last quality win exactly?

i wonder if that was the fight they wanted him to take..
2/7/13 1:51 PM
DarceSideoftheMoon
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a waste he would be in bellator the hw division is not worth him taking the chance to go there and lose by getting blasted by someone. If he signs with bellator and whatever the wrestling promotion mo is gonna be doing shit with I'm hanging up my warmaster nut hugging mittens. More power to him if he's making $$ doing what he wants and can be more free but fuck I'd love to see him in the UFC for the Mir matchup alone.
2/7/13 2:12 PM
kuuzo

DarceSideoftheMoon - What a waste he would be in bellator the hw division is not worth him taking the chance to go there and lose by getting blasted by someone. If he signs with bellator and whatever the wrestling promotion mo is gonna be doing shit with I'm hanging up my warmaster nut hugging mittens. More power to him if he's making $$ doing what he wants and can be more free but fuck I'd love to see him in the UFC for the Mir matchup alone.

Definitely. But outside of the UFC, what else is there? WSOF? KOTC?
2/7/13 2:25 PM
pegson123

He is a dope for making this public. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.