UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I have a question about Tuf referees

2/6/13 4:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's what I know.

Fights that take place in the tuf house, are Non Sanctioned Fights. The outcomes of these fights don't go on a fighters record, which is why people don't realize Nate beat Gray Maynard twice. Anyways.

I also know Dana White HATES Mazagotti.

If the fights aren't sanctioned, why would UFC have to get a "sanctioned" referee? Couldn't UFC hire their own without any fallback?

2/6/13 4:37 PM
LeftLowKick
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they are sanctioned... hence why keith kizer is officiating the weigh ins
2/6/13 4:38 PM
D241

Then why are they not sanctioned?

2/6/13 4:38 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

LeftLowKick - they are sanctioned... hence why keith kizer is officiating the weigh ins

This. They are sanctioned fights, just not professional fights.

2/6/13 4:39 PM
UGCTT_mizunomike27
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are sanctioned fights. They are just recorded as exhibition fights.
2/6/13 4:40 PM
rkilla
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/13 4:40 PM

I always thought that TUF fights were considered sanctioned exhibition matches, hence why they did not count towards their official "professional" record.

Similar to aoki's exhibition MMA/K1 fight against Nagashima. He got KTFO'd but it does not fall under his MMA record.

EDIT: several people answered before me, d'oh

2/6/13 4:41 PM
D241

I guess I halfway understand. They're "sanctioned" exhibition fights, but I guess I don't understand why UFC has to sanction exhibition fights.  Anyone answer that?

2/6/13 4:57 PM
CageSide

pro combat sport contests are regulated by the commission, im sure, by law. exhibition or not.
11/8/13 4:53 PM
D241

Question number 2.

In the beginning, TUF didn't pay fighters unless it was a finish win. To my understanding, you HAVE to pay PRO mma fighters to fight.

Now I am even more confused because TUF does have an athletic commission, Zuffa pays the fighters for their fights, but the fights do not go on record. Why?

If it's sanctioned, if they are already pro mma fighters, how can they do a pro mma fight and it not be on their pro record?

11/8/13 4:57 PM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

Question number 2.

In the beginning, TUF didn't pay fighters unless it was a finish win. To my understanding, you HAVE to pay PRO mma fighters to fight.

Now I am even more confused because TUF does have an athletic commission, Zuffa pays the fighters for their fights, but the fights do not go on record. Why?

If it's sanctioned, if they are already pro mma fighters, how can they do a pro mma fight and it not be on their pro record?

It's not a sanctioned pro MMA fight.

It's a sanctioned exhibition fight.

The requirements are different.
11/8/13 4:59 PM
mongo54
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

exhibition fight, thats why they are scheduled for 2 rounds
11/8/13 5:07 PM
D241

Does anyone else like the Tuf format better than the ppv format?

Meaning 2 scheduled rounds, if the fight is close, you give an overtime deciding round.

Again, I still don't understand the first questions answer as to if it's sanctioned but an exhibition match, than why doesn't UFC get to choose who doesn't referee. I'm not saying UFC should pick the referee, but the UFC should be able to say who they dont' want. And I know the fighters can refuse a referee, but it hardly ever happens.

I also am confused as after every event they have a medical suspensions list, and most all the time even the winning fighter who didn't take much damage, has to wait 30 days to be cleared to fight.  Cleared by the athletic commissions.

So why do Tuf fighters put their bodies through hell, and have to fight a week or 2 later, coming into the fight with black eyes and what not?  I just think there is something sketchy with this whole process.

11/8/13 6:22 PM
D241

I believe your first post may have some merit.

Everything after your first sentence in your 2nd post, I STRONLY agree with. Especially the lighter weight fighters.

The lighterweight fighters are proven to not have as much power, however I think numbers would also indicate that they are much more active per minute than the heavier weight classes.  Smaller guys are at a disadvantage when they're paired up with a close competator with perhaps a similar style, someone usually gets screwed.

Most all split decisions are just fights that should be a draw but instead someone is always fucked.

11/8/13 6:28 PM
Kirik
2025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

The UFC has TUF fights sanctioned because the organization is largely run by former regulators, who have a profound understanding of the benefits of regulated fights.

11/8/13 8:54 PM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC has TUF fights sanctioned because the organization is largely run by former regulators, who have a profound understanding of the benefits of the Good Ol Boy network.

Fixed.
11/8/13 10:17 PM
D241

DanHendersonsDentures

I'm sorry. Next time I'll make an interesting thread about limbs that are still numb after a long sleep.  Maybe it can be as riviting as your thread.

11/8/13 10:38 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

In the semifinal matches which are 3 rounds, what happens if its a draw?

I've always wondered that
11/8/13 10:46 PM
D241

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - In the semifinal matches which are 3 rounds, what happens if its a draw?

They have to decide a winner. I am not sure if 10-10 rounds are not allowed, but it's a tournament so a winner has to be decided. Sucks b/c there have been some super close fights.

That's how Fedor got his first "loss". He was in a tournament and couldn't continue due to an illegal cut but because it was a tournament format, they couldn't do a no contest so they ruled it a win for TK.  That's why most don't acknowledge that as a real loss for Fedor.

11/8/13 11:16 PM

D241 - 
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - In the semifinal matches which are 3 rounds, what happens if its a draw?

They have to decide a winner. I am not sure if 10-10 rounds are not allowed, but it's a tournament so a winner has to be decided. Sucks b/c there have been some super close fights.

That's how Fedor got his first "loss". He was in a tournament and couldn't continue due to an illegal cut but because it was a tournament format, they couldn't do a no contest so they ruled it a win for TK.  That's why most don't acknowledge that as a real loss for Fedor.

10-10 round is possible but more likely 10-9, 10-9, 8-10 which would make it a draw. Not sure what happens in that case, do they let the judges pick a winner or do they go to a 4th round?
11/8/13 11:25 PM
D241

DanHendersonsDentures - 
D241 - 

DanHendersonsDentures

I'm sorry. Next time I'll make an interesting thread about limbs that are still numb after a long sleep.  Maybe it can be as riviting as your thread.

Id say something mean, but I dont want you to go cry again and say you are done with the UG

Wow you just outted yourself bigtime.

You re-registered, you obviously aren't new referring to old stuff.

You have an obsession with me that it bugs you so much you have to follow me around, and you do so after you've been banned how many times now?

Sorry man but you must really suck for me to not even know or care who you are, but yet you suck or are so negative that you have gotten yourself banned at least once, and are continuing your negativity.

You are happy you are not me, but I am more happy I am not you.

11/8/13 11:51 PM
Rox19
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really wish they counted on my record. :( If you look at it now, I'm still on a 5-loss streak. But I've fought twice since then (in TUF). We had to sign a paper saying it was an unpaid exhibition fight. -_- rrr
11/9/13 12:34 AM
D241

Rox19 - I really wish they counted on my record. :( If you look at it now, I'm still on a 5-loss streak. But I've fought twice since then (in TUF). We had to sign a paper saying it was an unpaid exhibition fight. -_- rrr

Did they offer you a base pay or just a finishing bonus? Or are you not allowed to discuss Tuf pay?

11/9/13 12:45 AM
Chris
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

Nate's fights are listed in our database vs. Maynard:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/47C16EA082964048/Nate-Diaz/

11/9/13 12:46 AM

Rox19 - I really wish they counted on my record. :( If you look at it now, I'm still on a 5-loss streak. But I've fought twice since then (in TUF). We had to sign a paper saying it was an unpaid exhibition fight. -_- rrr

Hopefully you get a win on the finale and start a new win streak.
11/9/13 1:23 AM
jhudson84
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For a fight to be considered non exhibition the results must be given to the NSAC within 7 days for public knowledge. Tuf doesnt do this for television reasons. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.