UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Looking for a special wrist roller

2/6/13 7:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MushroomHead
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About 10 years ago I went through a hand strength craze and bought several Captains of Crush grippers as well as a leverage bar.

My interest in forearm and hand strength has sort of been rekindled lately, and I'm looking to buy a wrist roller.

There was a particular type of wrist roller I remember seeing years ago that I'd like to find. It was a thick wrist roller and it was basically designed to slip over the end of a barbell so that you could do sets without having to support it with your shoulders.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
2/6/13 10:08 PM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SQRYU0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=gedowa-20&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000SQRYU0&linkCode=as2

but you need to also buy a bar that is a maximum of 1" in diameter bar to use with it. as far as i know, there is no commercially available roller that will fit over a standard or olympic barbell. you'd have to create something homemade if thats what you want.
2/7/13 4:52 AM
blacksamurai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The wrestler with one leg 2 time D1 All-American Anthony Robles swears by grip/forearm strength in his book! He talks about walking around school going from class to class since 9th grade using "grippers" and some other contraptions... Phone Post
2/7/13 11:21 AM
Angle 5
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Ironmind sells the One Wicked Wrist Roller that slips over a bar.

I also think Rosstraining.com shows a DIY wrist roller that goes over a bar.
2/7/13 2:31 PM
Taku
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the best grip trainers:

JACK HAMMER http://www.1-ton-hooks.com/the-jack-hammer.html

TAKU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.