UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Luke Rockhold rolling with Gui Mendes

2/7/13 2:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CompanyBlue
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luke won gold at PURPLE in 2007, no gi.

He won gold at blue the same year in the gi. Yes he did two different belt divisions, lol.

The depth in the no gi mundials in 2007 was weak generally speaking but the point is Luke has been a BJJer for quite some time. He's not an MMA fighter who put on the gi once to roll with Mendes.

btw, Cain won the blue belt no gi in 2007 as well.
2/7/13 2:30 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/7/13 3:10 PM
matthias
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CompanyBlue - Luke won gold at PURPLE in 2007, no gi.

He won gold at blue the same year in the gi. Yes he did two different belt divisions, lol.

The depth in the no gi mundials in 2007 was weak generally speaking but the point is Luke has been a BJJer for quite some time. He's not an MMA fighter who put on the gi once to roll with Mendes.

btw, Cain won the blue belt no gi in 2007 as well.

I didn't know that about Cain. Makes it even more confusing why he didn't even try to RNC JDS in the 4 rds that he had his back.

2/7/13 3:26 PM
CompanyBlue

Winning at blue belt has nothing to do with JDS. Anybody can enter the Mundials and when the no gi version was new in 2007, very few real names showed up. Cain was likely going against guys who take 3 classes a week and work 40 a week or are college students. The fact that it's called the World Championships bother a lot of people, me included.
2/7/13 8:14 PM
Pride Wanderlei

LetsTalkItOut -
Pride Wanderlei - White mats are beautiful, wish my school used them.

Where is this place? Phone Post
San Diego, Ca Phone Post
I want to go. There is also a vid of one of the Mendes Bros rolling with Gianni Grippo Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.