UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is TRT unjust, or worse, to Michael Bisping?

2/7/13 8:39 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

What do these three Michael Bisping fights have in common?
Michael Bisping vs. Vitor Belfort • Loss • UFC on FX: Bisping vs. Belfort • KO at 1:37 of Round 2 • Michael Bisping vs. Chael Sonnen • Loss • UFC on FOX 2: Evans vs. Davis • Decision Unanimous Decision.  
Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson • Loss • UFC 100 • Loss • KO at 3:20 of Round 2.     

Hint: "At some point, as you start getting older, your balls don't work as well and you don't make as much testosterone. But, that's life and you deal with it."
-Michael Bisping

Against the backdrop of yesterday's news, one had to wonder how Michael Bisping felt. For all his shortcomings, the brash Brit has emerged as one of the loudest and harshest critics against the use of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) in mixed martial arts.

The narrative on Bisping is a common refrain by now. ‘Can't win the big one.' And it's true, "The Count" is perhaps the most renown fighter employed by the UFC to never earn a shot at gold. Now, with a window of opportunity gradually closing as he approaches his mid-30s, Bisping's recent TKO loss could be the nail in the proverbial coffin of that legacy.

But look back at the three instances when he was one fight away, and one can't help but notice a disconcerting pattern. Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen, both admitted TRT users. And now we can add Vitor Belfort to that list.

The stark truth of the matter is Bisping was rendered half-unconscious by a man enhancing his natural abilities through unnatural means, with direct permission from the overseers of an innately dangerous sport.

The Brit has yet to comment on the subject, though if and when he does, it will likely be perceived as whining, which seems rather unfair.

Read entire article...

2/7/13 8:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Koreanflash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed. TRT is legalized cheating.
2/7/13 8:44 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koreanflash - Agreed. TRT is legalized cheating.
Agreed, but it's never going to go away. Best thing any legit fighter can do is go to a crooked doctor and get a script. Even the playing field. Phone Post
2/7/13 8:45 AM
X_Rated
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damned if you do damned if you don't imo Phone Post
2/7/13 8:51 AM
Don_Dada
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely not a good look from the outside looking in to see all these fighters under the same promotion taking advantage of this stuff. I'm no doctor, but if someone could post a pic from the Jones vs Vitor weigh-in and tell me if Vitor looks like he's low on T. It's not natural to be 34 and produce the same amount of T as a 21 year old, It's just not. Not to mention the years of experience you have had all they years to add to that. Whatever as I said I'm no Doctor, I just don't like to see this kind of stuff in sports. Phone Post
2/7/13 9:22 AM
NotJustA12er

If you can't beat em ....

Join em !

Mike should Trt himself . It is just a case of being professional and treating his career to a leveller ( needs a level playing field to fight from ) so just get the job done mike !

Does anybody else not also see that two of the three hardest hitters in the division are on Trt . Phone Post
2/7/13 9:23 AM
zebers3
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So what's his excuse for losing to Wanderlei then?
2/7/13 9:30 AM
Heroic Rise
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/7/13 9:34 AM
J_Swift

Bisping needs to get on it himself. Phone Post
2/7/13 9:38 AM
LAE

I dont get the whole "even playing feild" arguement for TRT. Its not even if some guys take drugs to get there. If you need TRT, get out of the sport.
2/7/13 9:48 AM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To achieve the highest levels of success, one must do what Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and schwarzenegger did:
Work the system.

Anyone who "plays by the rules" is a sucker.

Read up on the Jewish text the Talmud.
Jews are raised since birth to look to "work the system"

Don't be a sucker Phone Post
2/7/13 9:51 AM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ the thing is... it's not against the rules.

2/7/13 9:55 AM
DaleSonnen

Does anyone know the list of fighters that are open about taking TRT? and ones that look like they are taking TRT? I bet alot of fighters would be on that list.
2/7/13 10:03 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

TRT sucks. Phone Post
2/7/13 10:39 AM
Neil Funk

TRT is great for people who used to use steroids to cheat and now don't have normal test production. It's time for this to be banned from the sport.
2/7/13 10:50 AM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil Funk - TRT is great for people who used to use steroids to cheat and now don't have normal test production. It's time for this to be banned from the sport.

Or for those running test with their cycle, it legitimises their steroid usage.

It's bullshit.
2/7/13 10:53 AM
Jmunzies
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is Bisping just presumed to be clean.

Rampage called him out to Ariel, saying how he didnt like how bisping talked shit about people using TRT out.

Rampage (his former teammate) said bisping "shouldnt be throwing stones when he lives in a glass house".

2/7/13 10:55 AM
BshMstr
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

while i don't have a problem with someone taking this legally, i do have some issues with how it's being implemented in the UFC...

people can claim that "x" fighter is only bringing their natural levels back up, but back up to what? the highest level on can be at while still in the "normal" range? and more importantly, where were they at 10 years, 5, or 1 year ago? they have no real baseline......

if i was a UFC fighter, i can guarantee that i would use this, because i know i would get a competitive advantage from it, and it would still be within the rules.
2/7/13 10:55 AM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
NotJustA12er -  If you can't beat em ....

Join em !

Mike should Trt himself . It is just a case of being professional and treating his career to a leveller ( needs a level playing field to fight from ) so just get the job done mike !

Does anybody else not also see that two of the three hardest hitters in the division are on Trt . Phone Post

theres a bit more to it than that

use of TRT has implications for your long term health and your body's continued production of testosterone etc, its not like taking ibuprofen or something

guys who have juiced for a long time use TRT with few issues because their body's test production is usually fucked already, but for a regular healthy average male its not something you necessarily want to play with

not saying these current TRT users have all previously juiced but a high amount definitely have
2/7/13 11:03 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jmunzies - Why is Bisping just presumed to be clean.

Rampage called him out to Ariel, saying how he didnt like how bisping talked shit about people using TRT out.

Rampage (his former teammate) said bisping "shouldnt be throwing stones when he lives in a glass house".

I've heard about that but not seen it, what exactly did Rampage say? Could he have been referring to the fact that he himself is on TRT given that they are/were close? Phone Post
2/7/13 11:07 AM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

Nothing fighters do these days are natural. Unnatural doesnt mean its bad. Penicilin is unnatural. Cortezone shot are too. Why not ban flintstone vitamins? Trt or roids arent dangerous. Youll prob live longer if you take them.
2/7/13 11:10 AM
Jmunzies
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DOMINANTDAN#1FAN - 

I've heard about that but not seen it, what exactly did Rampage say? Could he have been referring to the fact that he himself is on TRT given that they are/were close? Phone Post

No, it was clear he was talking about bisping taking stuff.

It was from this hour long video of Ariel and Rampage hanging out in New York and just talking about a lot of stuff. It was a really good watch. I watched it on monday on another thread, which I cant seem to find now.

If you find the video, he starts talking about bisping at around 27 minutes.
2/7/13 11:16 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN

Jmunzies -
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN - 

No, it was clear he was talking about bisping taking stuff.

It was from this hour long video of Ariel and Rampage hanging out in New York and just talking about a lot of stuff. It was a really good watch. I watched it on monday on another thread, which I cant seem to find now.

If you find the video, he starts talking about bisping at around 27 minutes.
Ill check it out. Phone Post
2/7/13 11:16 AM
Jmunzies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3DrT4nmz8

Here is the interview

he talks about bisping at 27 minutes
2/7/13 11:21 AM
NotJustA12er

zebers3 - So what's his excuse for losing to Wanderlei then?
I've never seen wand ko BISPING !!!

Please do tell ....... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.