UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is TRT unjust, or worse, to Michael Bisping?

2/7/13 11:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TDogg926
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koreanflash - Agreed. TRT is legalized cheating.
Yep, it's to easy to be abused going forward imo. Needs to be regulated a lot more. If you're gonna use it there needs to be a lot of testing on a very frequent basis. Phone Post
2/7/13 11:24 AM
NotJustA12er
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jmunzies - Why is Bisping just presumed to be clean.

Rampage called him out to Ariel, saying how he didnt like how bisping talked shit about people using TRT out.

Rampage (his former teammate) said bisping "shouldnt be throwing stones when he lives in a glass house".

Someone should just ask rampage then he can keep it real and spill the beans ! Phone Post
2/7/13 11:25 AM
Rear Naked Chode
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotJustA12er - 
zebers3 - So what's his excuse for losing to Wanderlei then?
I've never seen wand ko BISPING !!!

Please do tell ....... Phone Post

Loss doesn't equal ko.
2/7/13 11:28 AM
NotJustA12er

john joe -
NotJustA12er -  If you can't beat em ....

Join em !

Mike should Trt himself . It is just a case of being professional and treating his career to a leveller ( needs a level playing field to fight from ) so just get the job done mike !

Does anybody else not also see that two of the three hardest hitters in the division are on Trt . Phone Post

theres a bit more to it than that

use of TRT has implications for your long term health and your body's continued production of testosterone etc, its not like taking ibuprofen or something

guys who have juiced for a long time use TRT with few issues because their body's test production is usually fucked already, but for a regular healthy average male its not something you necessarily want to play with

not saying these current TRT users have all previously juiced but a high amount definitely have
He got kids , so no problem there and it is his lifetime dream to become a title holder , so that's why I say fuck it . But I'm not a doctor so would have to bow out of the medical problems discussion . Phone Post
2/7/13 11:33 AM
ShawnTheBadger
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see what the fifth, tenth, or twentieth thread this week on this subject is going to accomplish (?). Do you really think DFW/AC's are going to change their minds?

TRT is currently legal with a Doctors Rx/exemption.

TRT helps older "big star" fighters to continue to perform at a high level in the sport.

Those older fighters bring in a ton of money and interest in the sport. Money that helps to pay the younger fighters. Finances that support the sport overall.

Older fans, who usually have larger check-books than younger fans, love seeing older fighters whoopin' ass on youngsters. And those older fans are the ones that can afford the good seats at UFC events. Those older fans don't worry about the cost of a PPV.

The guys on TRT are merely prolonging their (incredibly short) careers by an additional 5-10 years. Pushing their fighting prime from ballpark age 20-30, up to ballpark age 20-38. It is not an indefinite "fix" or treatment.

The younger fighters will indeed be 30-35'ish much quicker than they think they will. Time indeed flies. Those same younger fighters complaining now, will be using TRT themselves in another 5 or 10 years. Extending their careers and earning potential for themselves, their families, and the promotion they fight for.

Fighters having a longer shelf-life and career span is good for the sport overall. It is good for the Promotions, the AC's, the younger fighters, and the fans.

2/7/13 11:34 AM
NotJustA12er

fapout - yeah, its because of TRT that Mike lost

TRT= techinque..lmao

TRT offers ZERO advantage. It just allows that person to fight at their full potential...legally.
Trt would allow you to train with more intensity . It would develop better muscle and prob give you more pep to your strikes . Also would give you an aggression and determination advantage . Phone Post
2/7/13 11:42 AM
GroundStPound

Edited: 02/07/13 11:43 AM

TRT allows fighters to roid hard through training camp and then taper levels down in the weeks before a fight.

I think that as soon as a fighter is allowed a TUE they should sign up to continuous random testing, if they get caught = lifetime ban. Phone Post

2/7/13 11:50 AM
elysian

In my opinion they should split fighters, fight cards, belts, rankings, between TWO GROUPS:

(1) organic: athletes who don't use any illegal or legal doctor approved steroids/trt or other substance that increase their performance

and

(2) nonorganic: athletes use trt/steroids etc. either doctor prescribed or not

Then let viewers would decide which fight cards they rather watch and pay for.
2/7/13 11:54 AM
MickColins
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has nothing to do with your balls not working. Most likely has more to do with repeated head trauma which is something that happens to many fighters. Also has something to do with weight cutting.

2/7/13 12:18 PM
zebers3
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotJustA12er - 
zebers3 - So what's his excuse for losing to Wanderlei then?
I've never seen wand ko BISPING !!!

Please do tell ....... Phone Post

The article was about Bisping losing to fighters and the correlation with them being on TRT, aka Belfort, Sonnen, Henderson. Not about them knocking him out. Sonnen beat him in a decision just like Wanderlei.

Although, Bisping got saved by the bell twice in the same fight. Had it gone another 10 seconds in either round 2 or 3 he would have been sleeping.
2/7/13 12:34 PM
Got MMAlk
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone mentioned in the OP lost to Anderson. Anderson is immune to TRT. Phone Post
2/7/13 12:58 PM
KneeToFaceKO

octowussy - TRT caused Bisping to circle into Hendo's power. Or to drop his hands and slip right into a very telegraphed Belfort high kick.

lol
2/7/13 1:28 PM
Il Duce
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Hendo even have a TUE for their fight? Phone Post
2/7/13 1:47 PM
LastRowCarl

Got MMAlk - Everyone mentioned in the OP lost to Anderson. Anderson is immune to TRT. Phone Post
Haha this should of been the first post and was going through this thread to see if anyone else posted this.. Phone Post
2/7/13 1:55 PM
Johnny D
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

octowussy - TRT caused Bisping to circle into Hendo's power. Or to drop his hands and slip right into a very telegraphed Belfort high kick.
Exactly, Regardless of how you feel about TRT, Bisping Has lost most of those bigger name fights because of terrible offensive and defensive movement. His striking is not that good. Phone Post
2/7/13 2:55 PM
NotJustA12er

fapout -
NotJustA12er - 
fapout - yeah, its because of TRT that Mike lost

TRT= techinque..lmao

TRT offers ZERO advantage. It just allows that person to fight at their full potential...legally.
Trt would allow you to train with more intensity . It would develop better muscle and prob give you more pep to your strikes . Also would give you an aggression and determination advantage . Phone Post

no, your're wrong.

trt is not the same as doing a cycle of steriods and it does not one single that that you listed. It elevates your T levels to that of a normal range
It's the same shit you get at the gym ! Phone Post
2/7/13 3:02 PM
Got MMAlk
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LastRowCarl -
Got MMAlk - Everyone mentioned in the OP lost to Anderson. Anderson is immune to TRT. Phone Post
Haha this should of been the first post and was going through this thread to see if anyone else posted this.. Phone Post
I also went through the thread in awe that no one mentioned it sooner. Phone Post
2/7/13 3:12 PM
OftheWay

NotJustA12er - If you can't beat em ....

Join em !

Mike should Trt himself . It is just a case of being professional and treating his career to a leveller ( needs a level playing field to fight from ) so just get the job done mike !

Does anybody else not also see that two of the three hardest hitters in the division are on Trt . Phone Post
Exactly. It's not legalized cheating because it's available to all. Complaining about it is just like Rampage complaining about being controlled by better wrestlers. If it's within the rules and available to all I don't understand the complaint. The problem with illegal PEDs is that it gives one fighter an edge that is unavailable to another.

Just as Rampage could have theoretically poured himself into wrestling training to compete effectively against better wrestlers, Bisping can go to a doctor and have TRT if he's eligible. No need to complain. Phone Post
2/7/13 3:54 PM
BshMstr
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OftheWay - 

Join em !

Exactly. It's not legalized cheating because it's available to all. Complaining about it is just like Rampage complaining about being controlled by better wrestlers. If it's within the rules and available to all I don't understand the complaint. The problem with illegal PEDs is that it gives one fighter an edge that is unavailable to another.

Just as Rampage could have theoretically poured himself into wrestling training to compete effectively against better wrestlers, Bisping can go to a doctor and have TRT if he's eligible. No need to complain. Phone Post

good point, but it's not really available to everyone....only those who can afford it.
2/7/13 7:53 PM
NotJustA12er

BshMstr -
OftheWay - 

Join em !

good point, but it's not really available to everyone....only those who can afford it.
Lol Phone Post
2/7/13 8:06 PM
FedorWand

BshMstr - 
OftheWay - 

Join em !

Those who can afford it????

I get a bottle of cypionate 200mg/10cc from CVS for $36 with insurance........without insurance its $97

Not exactly breaking the bank

2/7/13 8:12 PM
BshMstr
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorWand - 
BshMstr - 
OftheWay - 

Join em !

I get a bottle of cypionate 200mg/10cc from CVS for $36 with insurance........without insurance its $97

i don't think the average user of HRT in the UFC is using just test cypionate...

2/7/13 8:18 PM
BshMstr

FedorWand - 
BshMstr - 
OftheWay - 

Join em !

btw, you actually inject yourself with test cyp in the US?

i was under the impression most doc's require a visit to do that themselves, or required patients to use the androgel instead....
2/7/13 11:57 PM
Carl Sonnen

Edited: 02/07/13 11:57 PM
Bisping is definitely at a disadvantage and I respect him for training clean and for the success he has had with his style. I am not a fan of the whole TRT exemption thing, even though it does give the fans more fights than we would otherwise get. The fact is that roids do give certain advantages and it is the reason why I was not sad to see Overeem lose, even though I admire what he as done, in the end his career appears to be largely 'enhanced.' So, hopefully educated fans will give some respect to guys who fight clean.
2/8/13 12:49 AM
BshMstr

fapout - androgel...I remember buying that stuff from GNC

i beleive that they sold something called "testrogel," not acually Androgel, which is prescription only...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.