UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is TRT unjust, or worse, to Michael Bisping?

2/8/13 1:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping has a right to be pissed
2/8/13 1:51 AM
aarick161
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He also lost to Hammill. Is he on TRT? Phone Post
2/8/13 2:24 AM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Bisping has a right to be pissed

It's unreal that he has lost his big chance three times now because the other guy cheated. Can't believe UFC is okay with TRT, makes them look like bush leaguers.
2/8/13 2:28 AM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The doctor's permission slip doesn't make it okay, or make it not cheating. It just makes the sport a dirty sport that's not ready for prime.

MMA needs to clean up it's act if it wants to be viewed as something more than a carnival sideshow.
2/8/13 7:41 AM
Megatherium

Matt Riddle spells it out pretty clearly here.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/29692-matt-riddle-talks-his-wanting-to-eventually-be-a-pro-wrestler-trt-in-mma-rampage-as-a-coach
2/8/13 7:43 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 02/08/13 7:44 AM
Sure Shogun came right in with a lead uppercut VS Hendo and was dropped in the first minute because of TRT and an injury. No wait...

Jack Slack explained you can't use the that technique (lead upper cut) against a fighter as good as Hendo, and again and again how technique lead to him getting beat to the punch.

Some of us knew and said this from the start.
2/8/13 7:46 AM
Lazer MMA

80 percent of the UFC per multiple fighters (the last on being Stun Gun) are blasting inbetween fights with the real juice. Let's do the 100th thread on TRT though.
2/8/13 7:52 AM
TheHaunted2

Look im a huge fan of mike, but he lost a close dec to chael imo, and he got his ass handed to him in the other 2. Neither guy had respect for his skills and it wouldnt have mattered if they were jacked Phone Post
2/8/13 7:55 AM
Lazer MMA

Bisping was shown and hurt by the same high kick that KO'd him in round 1 by Belfort. Clearly this is TRT...

No wait
2/8/13 8:11 AM
New Leaf 1.0

BshMstr - 
OftheWay - 
NotJustA12er - If you can't beat em ....

Join em !

Mike should Trt himself . It is just a case of being professional and treating his career to a leveller ( needs a level playing field to fight from ) so just get the job done mike !

Does anybody else not also see that two of the three hardest hitters in the division are on Trt . Phone Post
Exactly. It's not legalized cheating because it's available to all. Complaining about it is just like Rampage complaining about being controlled by better wrestlers. If it's within the rules and available to all I don't understand the complaint. The problem with illegal PEDs is that it gives one fighter an edge that is unavailable to another.

Just as Rampage could have theoretically poured himself into wrestling training to compete effectively against better wrestlers, Bisping can go to a doctor and have TRT if he's eligible. No need to complain. Phone Post

good point, but it's not really available to everyone....only those who can afford it.

And it isn't available to everyone anyway. There's a reason this is banned by the WADA code - it is because taking TRT as athlete is cheating, plain and simple.
2/8/13 8:38 AM
DeuceDroppin

They should just give all of the UFC fighters a big shot of this TRT stuff before each fight. If they did that then everything would be fair and they would all be huge, powerful, uber-aggressive, super coordinated bad asses!!! It would be like real life human robot wars! This TRT is bad ass!! Phone Post
2/8/13 9:41 AM
Lazer MMA

Lazer MMA - 

80 percent of the UFC per multiple fighters (the last on being Stun Gun) are blasting inbetween fights with the real juice. Let's do the 100th thread on TRT though.

Sorry for repost, but so fuckin this!

Need to add though where TF is proof of TRT prowess? Page just lost. Hendo was 1-2 in his first three on TRT. Belfort won a fight with a kick he had already showed Bisping and Bisping still lacked the skill to stop (or moving into Hendo's strong hand) .

Time and again it's technique that wins fights, not TRT PERIOD.

Now my post above that I quoted is something to think about.
2/8/13 9:53 AM
Y2JB

Megatherium - The doctor's permission slip doesn't make it okay, or make it not cheating. It just makes the sport a dirty sport that's not ready for prime.

MMA needs to clean up it's act if it wants to be viewed as something more than a carnival sideshow.

Well said, i totally agree.
2/8/13 9:59 AM
Y2JB

Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

Need to add though where TF is proof of TRT prowess? Page just lost. Hendo was 1-2 in his first three on TRT. Belfort won a fight with a kick he had already showed Bisping and Bisping still lacked the skill to stop (or moving into Hendo's strong hand) .

1.) If you think TRT doesn't help fighters then it can be banned surely?

2.) Just because lots of people are taking steroids does not make it ok. Loads of people were drunk driving in the 70's & 80's but these days people see how wrong it is and it happens far less.

3.) Quoting yourself makes you look like a douche.
2/8/13 10:00 AM
TheHaunted2

gamer -
Lazer MMA - Sure Shogun came right in with a lead uppercut VS Hendo and was dropped in the first minute because of TRT and an injury. No wait...

Jack Slack explained you can't use the that technique (lead upper cut) against a fighter as good as Hendo, and again and again how technique lead to him getting beat to the punch.

Some of us knew and said this from the start.

TRT infused power shots are a hell of a thing

Shogun's injury riddled camp hurt his ability to prepare for Hendo

That makes a huge difference

While Hendo was able to train like a 21 year old for Shogun due to TRT

And yes that is and was a big unfair advantage to have

But yes,

Shogun did get tagged leading with the uppercut.

Again I think it also in part has to do with Shogun having a shitty camp, being injured, and as a result just rushing Hendo etc

But still, Hendo got him and made him pay for that mistake

I just dont see Shogun making that same mistake again

All though when fighting Hendo, you always have to be careful!

I really do feel Shogun took him lightly

Shogun has had 5 rounds of action to get familiar with Hendo's style, so I dont see Shogun making the same mistakes again etc

Also keep in mind how Shogun dropped Hendo in the first round too

Shogun also knocked Hendo out on his feet in the fourth round with that big uppercut. Chael Sonnen said so and belives so. Sonnen said Shogun had Hendo out on his feet with that uppercut

Shogun was beaten up, but he definenly had some of his own big moments and beat Hendo up too.

They both beat each other up!

I know you love Hendo, and I like Hendo a lot too! Hendo and Shogun are legends. They put on a war for the ages!

But I have no doubts about it

despite the unfair advantages, despite the fact Shogun was injuried, Shogun still managed to take a juiced up Hendo to a draw (according to a vast majority of fans)

There is no doubt in my mind that any version of Shogun would murder a clean Hendo off of TRT

Hell, a healthy Shogun or just even a well game planned Shogun still beats TRT Hendo 3.0

I mean Shogun already managed to take that TRT Hendo 3.0 to a draw despite being injuried and despite the ufair advantages, so you can only imagine how drastically different of a fight it would have been or would be if Shogun was/is healthy and or had/has a good gameplan for Hendo etc. Shogun simply destroys Hendo in that case
Will you fuck off talking about shogun Phone Post
2/8/13 10:31 AM
Gooner H Smith

Edited: 02/08/13 10:31 AM

How about people stop whining for Bisping. And yes thats what it is, whining. Focus on what you do and what your opponent does wont matter, illegal or not. Steroids don't make someone a more skilled fighter. 

See Anderson Silva (I realize not all these were when he fought them but the history of drug use is there):

Chris Leben, Failed tests multiple times: W, KO

Nate Marquardt, failed PED test, TRT user: W, TKO

Dan Henderson, TRT user: W, Sub

Vitor Belfort, Failed multiple tests, TRT user: W, KO

Chael Sonnen, Failed PED test for one fight, TRT user: W, Sub W, TKO

James Irvin, Failed PED for that fight test: W, KO

Forrest Griffin, Failed drug test for that fight: W, KO

Stephan Bonnar, Failed PED test for that fight and another: W, TKO

edited to add other Sonnen fight

2/8/13 10:38 AM
inf0
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just because Bisping isn't on TRT doesn't mean Bisping has been clean his whole career... give it a rest already. And just because he hasn't tested positive doesn't mean he isn't using.

2/8/13 10:47 AM
DeuceDroppin

"TRT infused power shots"

^^^^^^ Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! My god this UG! This might be the single most funny, ignorant, and drama queenish comment that I have EVER read on here! Shit like this is fucking golden! Phone Post
2/8/13 11:39 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 02/08/13 12:10 PM

TTT
2/8/13 11:57 AM
Gooner H Smith

JkdSam - 
Gooner H Smith - 

How about people stop whining for Bisping. And yes thats what it is, whining. Focus on what you do and what your opponent does wont matter, illegal or not. Steroids don't make someone a more skilled fighter. 

See Anderson Silva (I realize not all these were when he fought them but the history of drug use is there):

Chris Leben, Failed tests multiple times: W, KO

Nate Marquardt, failed PED test, TRT user: W, TKO

Dan Henderson, TRT user: W, Sub

Vitor Belfort, Failed multiple tests, TRT user: W, KO

Chael Sonnen, Failed PED test for one fight, TRT user: W, Sub W, TKO

James Irvin, Failed PED for that fight test: W, KO

Forrest Griffin, Failed drug test for that fight: W, KO

Stephan Bonnar, Failed PED test for that fight and another: W, TKO

edited to add other Sonnen fight

You debunked your whole post in your third sentence. Go back and reread it. Future drug abuse does not affect present day performance. But, even so, to use the greatest fighter of all time as your example of "clean" guys beating juiced fighters is kind of ridiculous because it's saying if the greatest of all time can do it, everyone can, and that's just not true of anything Anderson does. He is an enigma at every part of his skill set.

Who is to say they were clean at the point in time that they fought Anderson if they had failed before or after? It calls their entire career into question doesn't it? Especially when they fought earlier on and the drug testing wasn't as stringent. Yes, Anderson is the GOAT, but when Bisping himself states he can beat Anderson, I think its fair to hold him to the same standard. You don't see anyone talking about how many dudes Anderson has fought that have tested positive because he fucked them all up anyway. If you enter the sport with the mindset that everyone is playing fair, you're an idiot. It would be more prudent to assume everyone you're fighting is roided and focus on making yourself better so it doesn't matter. There is a huge problem with PED's in every sport today, and nothing is being done about it, so as an athlete you have to approach it in your own way.

2/8/13 12:05 PM
DeuceDroppin

Lol at this thread as well as most TRT threads. It's like being in a room full of first graders, talking about getting laid, and there are a couple of adults in the room making random comments that go completely ignored. Seriously, it's that bad! Phone Post
2/8/13 12:16 PM
Lazer MMA

JkdSam - 
Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

Technique huh? Techniques that require speed? Such as punches and kicks? Those kind of techniques? If you're talking grappling, then that's a whole other story, but if you're trying to say that increased muscle strength, endurance, and durability aren't a major factor in punches and kicks landing, then just please stop posting. Please?

Read this it should help you. A further clarification on how LACK of good technique loses fights not that TRT wins them.

It was not TRT that enabled Belfort to land the EXACT kick that hurt Bisping the round before, it was that fact Bisping was not skilled enough to look for it again and stop it (block).

Hendo could not run all over the cage hunting Bisping without TRT? It was TRT which made Bisping keep sliding to Hendo power hand side too?

Bisping is 100 percent fail in every very big fight he ever fought in because he was not good enough to win.

Prove the virtue of TRT in win/loss records of those using it and show technique was not the issue.
2/8/13 12:25 PM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jmunzies - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3DrT4nmz8

Here is the interview

he talks about bisping at 27 minutes
I think I know what Rampage was taking about now. Bisping must've been on the lasagne.

Phone Post
2/8/13 12:27 PM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
JkdSam - 
Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

Technique huh? Techniques that require speed? Such as punches and kicks? Those kind of techniques? If you're talking grappling, then that's a whole other story, but if you're trying to say that increased muscle strength, endurance, and durability aren't a major factor in punches and kicks landing, then just please stop posting. Please?

Read this it should help you. A further clarification on how LACK of good technique loses fights not that TRT wins them.

It was not TRT that enabled Belfort to land the EXACT kick that hurt Bisping the round before, it was that fact Bisping was not skilled enough to look for it again and stop it (block).

Hendo could not run all over the cage hunting Bisping without TRT? It was TRT which made Bisping keep sliding to Hendo power hand side too?

Bisping is 100 percent fail in every very big fight he ever fought in because he was not good enough to win.

Prove the virtue of TRT in win/loss records of those using it and show technique was not the issue.
Prove the other argument that TRT isn't the factor. You can't prove either way. What you can say is that people like Hendo probably wouldn't be able to compete at the top level without it, that's a widely hekd perception. Phone Post
2/8/13 12:31 PM
DeuceDroppin

Dear idiots,

You are all confusing "TRT" with "steroid abuse". TRT simply brings you back to normal T range when your bodies own T takes a shit. There are MANY reasons that this can happen, not only previous steroid abuse. TRT, is not going to give you superhuman abilities as most of you tards seem to think. If you are lucky, TRT will bring you back to being a smaller percentage of what you once were physically, with lots of shitty side effects to go along with it. Now steroid abuse is a different story. You get many of the same shitty side effects, but yes you are capable of taking your body to another level. As far as the drug testing goes, it is not any easier to get away with steroid abuse when you are on TRT. If anything it's tougher because you red flag yourself. If any of you think that recent Vitor is because of TRT you are fucking stupid. It is because of steroid abuse, and the same steroid abuse that every fighter is capable of, and that many take advantage of, between fights. Educate yourselves before you open your cock-holes.

Thanks for the understanding. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.