UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is TRT unjust, or worse, to Michael Bisping?

2/8/13 12:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DeuceDroppin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DOMINANTDAN#1FAN -
Lazer MMA -
JkdSam - 
Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

80 percent of the UFC per multiple fighters (the last on being Stun Gun) are blasting inbetween fights with the real juice. Let's do the 100th thread on TRT though.

Sorry for repost, but so fuckin this!

Need to add though where TF is proof of TRT prowess? Page just lost. Hendo was 1-2 in his first three on TRT. Belfort won a fight with a kick he had already showed Bisping and Bisping still lacked the skill to stop (or moving into Hendo's strong hand) .

Time and again it's technique that wins fights, not TRT PERIOD.

Now my post above that I quoted is something to think about.

Technique huh? Techniques that require speed? Such as punches and kicks? Those kind of techniques? If you're talking grappling, then that's a whole other story, but if you're trying to say that increased muscle strength, endurance, and durability aren't a major factor in punches and kicks landing, then just please stop posting. Please?

Read this it should help you. A further clarification on how LACK of good technique loses fights not that TRT wins them.

It was not TRT that enabled Belfort to land the EXACT kick that hurt Bisping the round before, it was that fact Bisping was not skilled enough to look for it again and stop it (block).

Hendo could not run all over the cage hunting Bisping without TRT? It was TRT which made Bisping keep sliding to Hendo power hand side too?

Bisping is 100 percent fail in every very big fight he ever fought in because he was not good enough to win.

Prove the virtue of TRT in win/loss records of those using it and show technique was not the issue.
Prove the other argument that TRT isn't the factor. You can't prove either way. What you can say is that people like Hendo probably wouldn't be able to compete at the top level without it, that's a widely hekd perception. Phone Post
You are all right but Lazer makes a much better point. At his age, NO Hendo likely could not compete at his current level without it. BUT...His current level (from an athletic standpoint) is still likely quite a bit less than what it was in his younger years. It's not putting him ahead of the curve, it's helping him to keep up with the curve. Phone Post
2/8/13 12:49 PM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeuceDroppin -
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN -
Lazer MMA -
JkdSam - 
Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

80 percent of the UFC per multiple fighters (the last on being Stun Gun) are blasting inbetween fights with the real juice. Let's do the 100th thread on TRT though.

Need to add though where TF is proof of TRT prowess? Page just lost. Hendo was 1-2 in his first three on TRT. Belfort won a fight with a kick he had already showed Bisping and Bisping still lacked the skill to stop (or moving into Hendo's strong hand) .

Technique huh? Techniques that require speed? Such as punches and kicks? Those kind of techniques? If you're talking grappling, then that's a whole other story, but if you're trying to say that increased muscle strength, endurance, and durability aren't a major factor in punches and kicks landing, then just please stop posting. Please?

Read this it should help you. A further clarification on how LACK of good technique loses fights not that TRT wins them.

It was not TRT that enabled Belfort to land the EXACT kick that hurt Bisping the round before, it was that fact Bisping was not skilled enough to look for it again and stop it (block).

Hendo could not run all over the cage hunting Bisping without TRT? It was TRT which made Bisping keep sliding to Hendo power hand side too?

Bisping is 100 percent fail in every very big fight he ever fought in because he was not good enough to win.

Prove the virtue of TRT in win/loss records of those using it and show technique was not the issue.
Prove the other argument that TRT isn't the factor. You can't prove either way. What you can say is that people like Hendo probably wouldn't be able to compete at the top level without it, that's a widely hekd perception. Phone Post
You are all right but Lazer makes a much better point. At his age, NO Hendo likely could not compete at his current level without it. BUT...His current level (from an athletic standpoint) is still likely quite a bit less than what it was in his younger years. It's not putting him ahead of the curve, it's helping him to keep up with the curve. Phone Post
Yes it's keeping him with the curve, but it's most likely providing him with a higher level of testosterone than the average man of his age. Hendo, as far as I'm aware, has been using TRT for a long time, so what you can probable assume is that the level of T in his body have remained at a constant for that period rather than diminishing naturally. The question is whether that is fair or not. If a TRT user is maintaining the levels of a younger man, that is obviously going to aid his recovery and his ability to train. This is an advantage not necessarily available to a healthy guy in his mid 30s for example.
Everyone is going to form their own opinion on the matter, it's just my belief that if you have such a medical issue then you shouldn't be competing in sports. I understand why people may disagree, but ailments and conditions rule people out of. jobs everyday and that's the way this one should be treated imo. Phone Post
2/8/13 1:26 PM
Lazer MMA

DOMINANTDAN#1FAN - 
DeuceDroppin -
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN -
Lazer MMA -
JkdSam - 
Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

Yes it's keeping him with the curve, but it's most likely providing him with a higher level of testosterone than the average man of his age. Hendo, as far as I'm aware, has been using TRT for a long time, so what you can probable assume is that the level of T in his body have remained at a constant for that period rather than diminishing naturally. The question is whether that is fair or not. If a TRT user is maintaining the levels of a younger man, that is obviously going to aid his recovery and his ability to train. This is an advantage not necessarily available to a healthy guy in his mid 30s for example.
Everyone is going to form their own opinion on the matter, it's just my belief that if you have such a medical issue then you shouldn't be competing in sports. I understand why people may disagree, but ailments and conditions rule people out of. jobs everyday and that's the way this one should be treated imo. Phone Post

Yes I think that there is no way Hendo could compete any more. After the Belfort fight he just could not recover. Many wrestlers who cut weight for many years suffer from chronic low test. Hendo's was unbelievably low having wrestled from age five. Bringing him to natural levels, the man never having been popped, and being an Olympic wrestler and gold metal winner in the Pan Am games (tested much of his carrier with the best available tests) it seems illogical to have any ethical reason to bitch. Further:

"With fighter after fighter saying though that 80 percent of the UFC is on the 'real juice' this is ignorant focus on IMO."

So where is the proof of the prowess of TRT? You ignore the facts I laid out above in terms of how lack of technique lost fights and say there is no proof when I just supplied it! If you can not "Prove the virtue of TRT in win/loss records of those using it and show technique was not the issue" even as I have shown TRT was not the main factor in the cases I brought up (I can bring up more BTW) then it's a moot issue!

"Now with the strong shit you get your REEM's. That's night and day, we're told most guys are blasting inbetween fights by Stun Gun and lots of other fights prior.

The UG, TRT is an issue, fighters saying what's really going the UG ignores LOL"
2/8/13 1:32 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

X_Rated - Damned if you do damned if you don't imo Phone Post
This...I don't see anything wrong with it if done without abusing it. To me it's like 29 year old Belford again. It just helps his body recover and perform like it did at a younger age. To me it evens the playing field for the older fighters. Phone Post
2/8/13 1:38 PM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer, questioning whether other people are cheating does not validity TRT. Technique is is not 100% the reason why these fighter are winning if, as I said earlier, they wouldn't be in the octagon without the aid of TRT. The biggest question is whether someone with depleted T levels should be allowed to maintain those of a younger man and whether that's fair to people who are not replacing their T which will also be depleted but to a lesser extent.
Seriously, stop trying to pass your opinion off as fact, there's a reason why you're always in flame wars. Phone Post
2/8/13 1:53 PM
BispingLostFairlySquarely
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
Lazer MMA - 

Who is to say Page would t have lost worse without TRT?

Just because they lost doesn't mean it didn't give them an unfair advantage.

All these guys suffer from hypnogonadism? Really?!?

I doubt it. Phone Post
2/8/13 1:58 PM
Lazer MMA

DOMINANTDAN#1FAN -  Lazer, questioning whether other people are cheating does not validity TRT. Technique is is not 100% the reason why these fighter are winning if, as I said earlier, they wouldn't be in the octagon without the aid of TRT. The biggest question is whether someone with depleted T levels should be allowed to maintain those of a younger man and whether that's fair to people who are not replacing their T which will also be depleted but to a lesser extent.
Seriously, stop trying to pass your opinion off as fact, there's a reason why you're always in flame wars. Phone Post

I'm not pissed at all. I never said 100 percent. I've shown how lack technique was 'most' of the reason for losses in the fights I talked about (i can show more). I also said the reason why Hendo needs it (wrestlers in general in many cases)

If you can not show a single example to "Prove the virtue of TRT in win/loss records of those using it and show technique was not the issue" even in a single fight, what is there to talk about anyway?
2/8/13 2:08 PM
sweepnchoke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A non TRT using Hendo and Vitor still starch Bisping on his best day, Sonnen on the other hand could be juiced to gills and still take the fight to the judges, IE TRT had nothing to do with any of the 3 losses IMHO.

Not a fan of TRT use, and surely it is being abused in MMA.
2/8/13 2:12 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 02/08/13 2:14 PM

Yep true
2/8/13 2:27 PM
DeuceDroppin

DOMINANTDAN#1FAN -
DeuceDroppin -
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN -
Lazer MMA -
JkdSam - 
Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

I can respect what you wrote, as you don't seem to be one of the many "TRT = superman" crowd, but then I pose this question:

Where do you draw the line? How about thyroid meds? Hypothyroidism is VERY similar to hypogonadism, so what if a fighter has to take thyroid meds? What if they have to have knee surgery? Bad knees are a normal part of aging! I think where you, and many others are thrown off is because the word "testosterone" is involved. Phone Post
2/8/13 5:14 PM
Yussarian
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DogtownKai - Damn, I'd hate TRT with a passion if I were Bisping.

This. But he really needs to keep his hands up.
2/8/13 5:58 PM
Savron

Mr Bisping.... Pot Kettle Black! he has used and he know's this as does Rampage

Excuses again for a mediocre fighter at best.

I mean c'mon , Bisping was shit house nervous before the Vitor fight, have a look at him before he entered the octagon he looked terrible.

I really wish Bisping would just shut up and let his fights do the talking, but some how I think that is all he has to offer.
he really ain't that great a MMA fighter

And to rank him 3rd in his division is just laughable.

How many fights does he have left on his 8 fight contract?
2/8/13 7:01 PM
DeuceDroppin

JkdSam -
DeuceDroppin -  Dear idiots,

You are all confusing "TRT" with "steroid abuse". TRT simply brings you back to normal T range when your bodies own T takes a shit. There are MANY reasons that this can happen, not only previous steroid abuse. TRT, is not going to give you superhuman abilities as most of you tards seem to think. If you are lucky, TRT will bring you back to being a smaller percentage of what you once were physically, with lots of shitty side effects to go along with it. Now steroid abuse is a different story. You get many of the same shitty side effects, but yes you are capable of taking your body to another level. As far as the drug testing goes, it is not any easier to get away with steroid abuse when you are on TRT. If anything it's tougher because you red flag yourself. If any of you think that recent Vitor is because of TRT you are fucking stupid. It is because of steroid abuse, and the same steroid abuse that every fighter is capable of, and that many take advantage of, between fights. Educate yourselves before you open your cock-holes.

Thanks for the understanding. Phone Post

As an idiot, I feel it my obligation to inform you that you are wrong. A TRT exemption allows you to test up to 5-6 times the "normal" levels. These guys are not testing in the normal ranges.

Thank you for owning yourself and proving my point. Testosterone/Epitestosterone ratio is what is tested. This has nothing to do with total test, which is measured as ng/dl. Epi is an inactive form of test that the body produces pretty much in equal ratios to test. When synthetic test is injected, it raises the test # but not the epi #. The epi # is not a set # but rather a variable # that differs from person to person. If you're on TRT, this # can actually go away, as your body quits producing epitest as well. It's very possible to be in full on hypogonadism range, and still have a 10/1 t/e ratio, as it has nothing to do with total test. If you want to just disappear, and not even respond, I totally understand. Phone Post
2/8/13 7:03 PM
DeuceDroppin

Also, I encouraged you to educate yourself before opening your cock-hole. Please listen next time. Thanks! Phone Post
2/8/13 7:36 PM
Lazer MMA

JkdSam - 
Lazer MMA - 
JkdSam - 
Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 

Technique requires muscle to execute. You cannot speak of one and not speak of the other. Yes, Vitor did kick him in the head - but, if Vitor was slower, Bisping would've had more time to react. If his kick wasn't as powerful, it wouldn't have done as much damage as it did. Being on the juice helped him be both faster, and stronger. The technique means nothing if he doesn't have the strength and speed to land the technique before Bisping notices.

Of course Henderson could chase Bisping around the cage without TRT, but his speed would be hindered, as would the strength of that overhand right - assuming he even landed it because he had to throw it fast enough that Bisping didn't have time to react. If he wasn't on the juice, he doesn't throw it as fast or hard as he does while on it.

I'm not sure if you're being purposefully obtuse or just hating on Bisping. Your second to the last sentence makes me believe it's the latter.

This kind of response or the response "so what if Rampage lost , without TRT he'd lose worse" are comical.

If Bisping could not look for and block a high kick that he was shown already, he lacked the skill to do so PERIOD. High kicks are NOT high percentage weapons at all. They are blocked with ease. Ones best chance is trying to surprise your opponent with it. LMFAO at slower kicks with less muscle! It may be true but it does not override the above, it is strictly subordinate to it!

LMFAO at Hendo not running as fast after Bisping without TRT, it's so comical true or no. I know TRT caused Bisping to move to that power hand again and again. hendo always had a huge right hand. Again the tactical error is the primary reason for the brutal KO, other facts are strictly subordinate to it!

As for "Bisping is 100 percent fail in every very big fight he ever fought in because he was not good enough to win" , it's just a fact. He lost because of technical errors and he is just not that good.
2/8/13 7:50 PM
Megatherium
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'NSAC, making a dangerous sport even more dangerous one therapeutic exemption at a time'.
2/8/13 8:01 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally the UG gives some exposure to this nonsense.

2/8/13 8:12 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Mike can hold his head high knowing he did what he could with the gifts nature alone provided.

Other fighters can play God all they want but deep down, during quiet times, they must question the integrity of their combat record.

Within their heart will remain that question: "Would I have won without using".

Mike can look back without this torturous question running rampant through his mind.

To each their own. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:15 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"have a heart, support TRT"

http://www.juxentente.com/images/2009/07/001146.png

http://www2.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20121229104748_1MG_7751.JPG

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/blogs-prod-photos/4/3/c/5/e/43c5e3bf320ade7b50efb4eafd3db218.jpg?stmp=1283569716

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130120021338-vitor-belfort-500-t1-wide.jpg

http://www.sportsnewsdaily.org/chael-sonnen-7.jpg

2/8/13 8:15 PM
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is considered "normal"...? Honestly to be 100% fair they should not be allowed to test any higher than the normal levels for their age. Not for a 21 year old, not 5x a certain amount- normal for the age they are.
2/8/13 10:51 PM
BshMstr
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeuceDroppin -  They should just give all of the UFC fighters a big shot of this TRT stuff before each fight. If they did that then everything would be fair and they would all be huge, powerful, uber-aggressive, super coordinated bad asses!!! It would be like real life human robot wars! This TRT is bad ass!! Phone Post

like the guys who use halotest, cheque drops and aqueous test?

pretty common in boxing..... i presume it is in MMA as well, especially those with a TUE...
2/8/13 10:53 PM
Johnny Ringo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Bisbing loses every fight bc 90% of the time he's an arrogant jackass.

That being said, that was a very classy and even respectful interview he gave where he brings up some very legitimate questions and points and I agree with him 100%.

TRT is cheating. If your testosterone is naturally low and you've never user steroids or other PEDS then this is just nature's way of telling you that your body is done competing. Or you cheated before by using PEDS and shouldn't be rewarded with TRT to fix/correct your previously dishonesty and cheating behaviors. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:05 PM
DeuceDroppin

JkdSam -
DeuceDroppin - 
JkdSam -
DeuceDroppin -  Dear idiots,

You are all confusing "TRT" with "steroid abuse". TRT simply brings you back to normal T range when your bodies own T takes a shit. There are MANY reasons that this can happen, not only previous steroid abuse. TRT, is not going to give you superhuman abilities as most of you tards seem to think. If you are lucky, TRT will bring you back to being a smaller percentage of what you once were physically, with lots of shitty side effects to go along with it. Now steroid abuse is a different story. You get many of the same shitty side effects, but yes you are capable of taking your body to another level. As far as the drug testing goes, it is not any easier to get away with steroid abuse when you are on TRT. If anything it's tougher because you red flag yourself. If any of you think that recent Vitor is because of TRT you are fucking stupid. It is because of steroid abuse, and the same steroid abuse that every fighter is capable of, and that many take advantage of, between fights. Educate yourselves before you open your cock-holes.

Thanks for the understanding. Phone Post

As an idiot, I feel it my obligation to inform you that you are wrong. A TRT exemption allows you to test up to 5-6 times the "normal" levels. These guys are not testing in the normal ranges.

Thank you for owning yourself and proving my point. Testosterone/Epitestosterone ratio is what is tested. This has nothing to do with total test, which is measured as ng/dl. Epi is an inactive form of test that the body produces pretty much in equal ratios to test. When synthetic test is injected, it raises the test # but not the epi #. The epi # is not a set # but rather a variable # that differs from person to person. If you're on TRT, this # can actually go away, as your body quits producing epitest as well. It's very possible to be in full on hypogonadism range, and still have a 10/1 t/e ratio, as it has nothing to do with total test. If you want to just disappear, and not even respond, I totally understand. Phone Post

Why would I want to disappear? Is it because you seem tough online? Or because you think you are smart? Am I supposed to be intimidated? Embarrassed? You take your e-personality way too seriously bro.

Just embarrassed because of your own stupidity and willingness to be such an expert, when you actually have no fucking clue.

Do you even TRANE Ultimate Fighting Championship bro? What the fuck? Phone Post
2/8/13 11:22 PM
BshMstr
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnny Ringo -  I hope Bisbing loses every fight bc 90% of the time he's an arrogant jackass.

That being said, that was a very classy and even respectful interview he gave where he brings up some very legitimate questions and points and I agree with him 100%.

TRT is cheating. If your testosterone is naturally low and you've never user steroids or other PEDS then this is just nature's way of telling you that your body is done competing. Or you cheated before by using PEDS and shouldn't be rewarded with TRT to fix/correct your previously dishonesty and cheating behaviors. Phone Post

i think this is a good point...

look, i think if you have an injury or health condition, then it should be treated. but if you're getting so old that you can't produce testosterone any more, then maybe you need to stop competing in a contact sport.

this isn't as simple as a joint injury-this is a metabolic disorder, that is generally caused by PED abuse. one of the other causes, is friggen head trauma..... so again, simply treating the symtoms when one's life is on the line seems pretty myopic to me....
2/8/13 11:41 PM
HexRei

The problem is that what is defined by commissions as "normal" is a very broad range, and the upper limit is way, way higher than the average man or even the average fighter.

What TRT does is allow you to test at these higher levels, and not have to fear that a substance will be detected because hey, you've been given a pass to use that substance. So it does make cheating easier, for those who want to. They just can't cheat as much as if they didn't give a shit.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.