UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> HOLY F@$%!#& S#!^ KO in Alaska

2/8/13 3:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now what I expected.  Usually when I hear "KO in Alaska" I'm thinking I'm about to see someone punching a moose.  Someone go punch a moose damnit!

2/8/13 4:26 PM
12SixElbow
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb Alexander Von Reuter - 
12SixElbow -
Caleb Alexander Von Reuter -  So many fight finder experts out there Phone Post

As a professional athlete you can't be happy to take the good and not the bad.

When fans are saying everything you do is wonderful you love them,

when they're saying something you don't like you cut them down.

This is what fans do, discuss things.

The thing is, this was a legit matchup that ended up in a draw the first time. It seems a little lame to come on and criticize someone's previous fights, especially when you don't actually know much about those fights.

You are also criticizing the fight scene in Alaska that you don't know much about, when there are worse matchups happening all over the country every day. Phone Post

I wasn't trying to critisize the fight scene in Alaska, I think I even apologized if I was rude, my concern comes more from mismatches in smaller shows ending in serious injuries and/or deaths. Thats all.

I know Collin is a tough guy, and he obviously wants bigger fights, so I wasn't trying to be disrespectful in any way, I just don't think guys who are say, 5 - 24 should be licensed to fight.

2/8/13 4:46 PM
Caleb Alexander Von Reuter
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -
Caleb Alexander Von Reuter - 
12SixElbow -
Caleb Alexander Von Reuter -  So many fight finder experts out there Phone Post

As a professional athlete you can't be happy to take the good and not the bad.

When fans are saying everything you do is wonderful you love them,

when they're saying something you don't like you cut them down.

This is what fans do, discuss things.

The thing is, this was a legit matchup that ended up in a draw the first time. It seems a little lame to come on and criticize someone's previous fights, especially when you don't actually know much about those fights.

You are also criticizing the fight scene in Alaska that you don't know much about, when there are worse matchups happening all over the country every day. Phone Post

I wasn't trying to critisize the fight scene in Alaska, I think I even apologized if I was rude, my concern comes more from mismatches in smaller shows ending in serious injuries and/or deaths. Thats all.

I know Collin is a tough guy, and he obviously wants bigger fights, so I wasn't trying to be disrespectful in any way, I just don't think guys who are say, 5 - 24 should be licensed to fight.

Cool man, I'm probably a little protective of my younger brother.

Ensley has fought some tough guys like Lyle Beerbohm and JT Taylor. I'm not sure what his deal is. Phone Post
2/8/13 4:50 PM
TowerMonkey
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb Alexander Von Reuter -
TowerMonkey - I wanna chime in but I don't wanna hurt anybody's feelings..I'm sure Sarah Johnston would be more than happy to get you a big fight in the AFC in Anchorage. She's been flying up guys from the states whenever she can. It's not out of state but it's a huge leap up from the competition in Fairbanks. Phone Post
The afc is absolutely not a huge leap in competition from fairbanks. Especially now that Scott Mcafee is running his own show. Phone Post
C'mon bro. More gyms, more fighters, larger talent pool. Anchorage gets fighters from the valley and south central too. Not saying anything about promotions but there are more fights against talented guys with winning records in Anchorage than there will ever be for him in FB... Phone Post
2/8/13 4:53 PM
TowerMonkey
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TowerMonkey -
TowerMonkey - I wanna chime in but I don't wanna hurt anybody's feelings..I'm sure Sarah Johnston would be more than happy to get you a big fight in the AFC in Anchorage. She's been flying up guys from the states whenever she can. It's not out of state but it's a huge leap up from the competition in Fairbanks. Phone Post
The afc is absolutely not a huge leap in competition from fairbanks. Especially now that Scott Mcafee is running his own show. Phone Post
C'mon bro. More gyms, more fighters, larger talent pool. Anchorage gets fighters from the valley and south central too. Not saying anything about promotions but there are more fights against talented guys with winning records in Anchorage than there will ever be for him in FB... Phone Post
And really I think he would do well and get some more exposure. I'd love to see Sarah pony up to bring him down. Phone Post
2/8/13 5:07 PM
TowerMonkey

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Yeah, nate Hannah too, he armbarred caros fodor. Phone Post
Ya what's he up to these days? Phone Post
Last time I heard of him fighting was against Cody Rice and that was a few years ago now iirc. Phone Post
2/8/13 5:57 PM
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya I agree there are great fighters in anchorage, I'm just saying this new show is solid and Scott will be bringing in quality guys from Anchorage and all over the country. Phone Post
2/8/13 5:58 PM

Next fight card should be awesome with Frank Watts fighting Josh Clark. Phone Post
2/8/13 6:00 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, i haven't heard anything about Nate in a while, it's a shame too. Wonder if he got injured or something. Phone Post
2/8/13 6:43 PM
smedgling
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think he is injured. He still trains/coaches at ABJJ
2/8/13 7:07 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fought their hwt champ Brian Ryan in the AFC in 2005. So technically I guess im still AFC hwt champ. haha Phone Post
2/8/13 7:26 PM
TowerMonkey

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - I fought their hwt champ Brian Ryan in the AFC in 2005. So technically I guess im still AFC hwt champ. haha Phone Post
Do I smell a AFC HWT unification bout in Mike C's future?? Phone Post
2/8/13 7:45 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - I fought their hwt champ Brian Ryan in the AFC in 2005. So technically I guess im still AFC hwt champ. haha Phone Post
I remember that. Good fight too. Phone Post
2/8/13 7:54 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Anybody know what the issue between afc and Scott Thometz was? I would have loved to continue seeing him in the afc. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:31 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was open to the rematch even last year but AFC just cant swing it financially. Good show though! Good people. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:52 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Yeah, i was like 15, i've always rooted for you because of that fight, especially after the way you spoke about Brian following the fight. I was really pumped when i saw you got signed by the ifl. I don't think Brian is really into mma anymore, i would have loved to see a rematch in like 06 or 07, but obviously you were up to bigger things at that point. Just last year Brian fought Tony Lopez and dropped him and got armbarred as he jumped in for the finish. God just thinking about your guys fight brings back so many memories. I was really bummed because i was sure Brian was on his way to great things. Growing up watching mma in Alaska, there was only one thing guaranteed and that was that you were gonna see Brian Ryan knock some local out. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:53 PM
Death and Taxes
1088 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I just saw the video was featured on the front of Yahoo.com!

2/8/13 9:35 PM
Collin Reuter
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scott Thometz owns a gym in Boise with Jorgensen, and the afc wouldnt fly him up for a defense so he relinquished the belt Phone Post
2/8/13 10:41 PM
TowerMonkey

Collin Reuter - Scott Thometz owns a gym in Boise with Jorgensen, and the afc wouldnt fly him up for a defense so he relinquished the belt Phone Post
It's sad to hear the AFC isn't doing well. I just moved back from HI around the holidays and I remember before I left they were bringing up all these UFC fighters and bringing in guys from the states. From what it sounds like that's not happening anymore, unfortunate.. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:00 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ

Thanks man! Brian is a badass, he showed me nothing but respect. Tough tough guy! Hits hard! Phone Post
2/8/13 11:23 PM
Collin Reuter
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Thanks man! Brian is a badass, he showed me nothing but respect. Tough tough guy! Hits hard! Phone Post
Brian is a class act and a super cool dude. 100 percent family man like myself Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.