UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Matt Riddle: I still have best TUF KO

2/7/13 11:31 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Matt Riddle recently appeared on The Verbal Submission and declared that his TUF season 7 KO of  Dan Simmler is better than Uriah Hall's KO of Adam Celia on episode 3 of TUF season 17.

"I think (Hall's) knockout was definitely one of the flashiest and hard-hitting knockouts," said Riddle. "Usually knockouts that happen that way aren't as hard-hitting as that. It was a really impressive knockout and he did a lot of damage with that kick.

"That said, when I was on season seven, I broke that dude's jaw in three places and gave him a level three concussion which means he had amnesia and he didn't remember six months of his life. So that guy got his memory back in an hour, my guy didn't get his memory back for six months AND he had his jaw wired for six months. So I think his knockout was definitely fancier and definitely way prettier, but medically and in long term damage, I still hold the record."

Listen to entire interview...

Although Dan Simmler has gone on to win many more fights and runs a highly successful academy in Worcester, Mass, but his moaning in pain with a shattered jaw is one of the disturbing moments in TUF history.

What do you think of Riddle's enthusiastic defense of it?

Riddle fights Che Mills Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013 at UFC on Fuel TV 7 in London, England.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.