UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ESPN UK Possibly leaving UK market

4/7/13 1:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pulk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/07/13 1:31 AM
UFC on Fuel 9 was not live on ESPN UK tonight because of scheduling priorities.

One good thing about BT Vision is they are expected to have two dedicated sport channels so UFC programming should always be live.

Also they may have a better go at competing against Sky as they have more EPL games and better picks outside of any non-Sky owned channels in the past.
4/7/13 3:55 AM
Crw
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope this ends up on Virgin , fuck getting BT Vision . Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 4:01 AM
purist
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The new BT Sports channels have gotta be on Sky and Virgin surely. Signing a deal where you can only watch UFC through BT Vision would be suicide, I literally don't know a single person who has that. Phone Post
4/7/13 4:07 AM
WH1ZZER
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Sky TV, I'm sick of paying through the nose to Sky just so I can watch the UFC on ESPN! Why the fuck do we have to pay for all those shitty channels just to be able to purchase ESPN? Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 4:11 AM
Localcup
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

purist - The new BT Sports channels have gotta be on Sky and Virgin surely. Signing a deal where you can only watch UFC through BT Vision would be suicide, I literally don't know a single person who has that. Phone Post
According to cook on the mma hour a while ago bt have 20 million customers. Yes Gary, line rentals not fooking bt vision!!! Phone Post
4/7/13 4:31 AM
BruceLeroysLowKick

Localcup -
purist - The new BT Sports channels have gotta be on Sky and Virgin surely. Signing a deal where you can only watch UFC through BT Vision would be suicide, I literally don't know a single person who has that. Phone Post
According to cook on the mma hour a while ago bt have 20 million customers. Yes Gary, line rentals not fooking bt vision!!! Phone Post
I'd guess all the people averse to getting BT vision haven't really tried it. I got rid of Sky a while ago and got a cheap deal on BT Vision and its fine. Does all the freeview channels, plus Sky Sports/ESPN etc and a huge on demand library as well as letting you record just like Sky . Don't get why people are automatically calling it shit? Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 5:22 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

BruceLeroysLowKick -
Localcup -
I'd guess all the people averse to getting BT vision haven't really tried it. I got rid of Sky a while ago and got a cheap deal on BT Vision and its fine. Does all the freeview channels, plus Sky Sports/ESPN etc and a huge on demand library as well as letting you record just like Sky . Don't get why people are automatically calling it shit? Phone Post 3.0
I already have SKY, if BT's channels are airing on SKY that's fine by me.

I detest ESPN, other than watching UFC, it serves no real purpose. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 5:26 AM
BiffyClyro
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys think that the UFC will finally get what they want and the british fans will be paying PPV prices for numbered events?

I think personally it's on the horizon, even if they do it every now and again to get us in the habit of having to do it. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 6:07 AM
ShEnGLoNg
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BiffyClyro - You guys think that the UFC will finally get what they want and the british fans will be paying PPV prices for numbered events?

I think personally it's on the horizon, even if they do it every now and again to get us in the habit of having to do it. Phone Post 3.0
The UFC used to be PPV in the UK (Hughes Trigg, Abbot Mir). The model in the UK doesn't even support boxing PPV anymore because David Haye apparently killed that (I disagree).

If it eventually goes PPV again in the UK so be it, they'll likely only charge £15 per event anyway, which is not to far off the current ESPN subscription. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 7:13 AM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WH1ZZER - Fuck Sky TV, I'm sick of paying through the nose to Sky just so I can watch the UFC on ESPN! Why the fuck do we have to pay for all those shitty channels just to be able to purchase ESPN? Phone Post 3.0
You can get ESPN on Freeview. You don't need Sky. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 7:21 AM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maldini2706 -
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life - 
Maldini2706 - BT Vision have the first choice Premiership games for the next three seasons. Everyone will want BT Vision.
Source for first choice please. I believe they have bought ESPN's games, which was fourth choice. Phone Post 3.0

My mistake, they didn't get all the first choice games, just 18 of them, it's the first time anyone but Sky has had that. Of the 7 packages available they got the 2nd and 3rd choices as opposed to the 6th and 7th choice that ESPN had. It means they'll have 28 Saturday lunchtime games and another 10 midweek or bank holiday games. It's a much better deal than ESPN's. BT also have Premiership rugby and the Italian, French and Brazilian leagues.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jun/26/bt-bskyb-football-rights
VTFU Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 7:23 AM
SlickRick01
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Found this quote from a Guardian article here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/blog/2012/jun/13/premier-league-strikes-gold-bt):

"BT promises its service will be available on Freeview, Virgin and Sky, and although no pricing has been outlined, costs are likely to start at about £10 a month – with fans having to fork out for both."
4/7/13 7:25 AM
Chimp Strength
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WH1ZZER - Fuck Sky TV, I'm sick of paying through the nose to Sky just so I can watch the UFC on ESPN! Why the fuck do we have to pay for all those shitty channels just to be able to purchase ESPN? Phone Post 3.0

You can get ESPN on freeview?  Why the fuck am I paying £10 a month for that bag of shite then?!?!

4/7/13 7:27 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BiffyClyro - You guys think that the UFC will finally get what they want and the british fans will be paying PPV prices for numbered events?

VTFU for your SN! :) Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 7:27 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Chimp Strength -

You can get ESPN on freeview?  Why the fuck am I paying £10 a month for that bag of shite then?!?!

You have to pay the subscription still. You don't need to pay for a sky subscription as well, if you just want ESPN that is. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 7:35 AM
MarcVanBas

ShEnGLoNg - 

The UFC used to be PPV in the UK (Hughes Trigg, Abbot Mir). The model in the UK doesn't even support boxing PPV anymore because David Haye apparently killed that (I disagree).

If it eventually goes PPV again in the UK so be it, they'll likely only charge £15 per event anyway, which is not to far off the current ESPN subscription. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I remember paying to watch on PPV, though bell or something like that.

I can 100% say that I won't be paying for ppv these days as i don't stay up and watch it live much anymore, also doubt I will pay extra for another channel I will only watch once or twice a month, why they couldn't have done a deal with sky sports or channel 5 is beyond me.
4/7/13 7:40 AM
El Toro UK
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlickRick01 - Found this quote from a Guardian article here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/blog/2012/jun/13/premier-league-strikes-gold-bt):

"BT promises its service will be available on Freeview, Virgin and Sky, and although no pricing has been outlined, costs are likely to start at about £10 a month – with fans having to fork out for both."

VTFU

BTW Those BT Sport test channels that were mentioned in your earlier post are live on SKY, so that report was accurate. 

4/7/13 8:16 AM
Chimp Strength
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle -
Chimp Strength -

You have to pay the subscription still. You don't need to pay for a sky subscription as well, if you just want ESPN that is. Phone Post 3.0
Haha, yeah, makes more sense, just me being a bit slow I think. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 8:40 AM
Localcup
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is no chance that the bt sports channels will be less the £15 a month, might even be £20. Also haven't seen any mention of hd channels Phone Post
4/7/13 8:43 AM
NorthernIrishZombie
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It'll be HD. That goes without saying these days. Phone Post
4/7/13 9:27 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Chimp Strength -
Outlaw'd by Lytle -
Chimp Strength -

Haha, yeah, makes more sense, just me being a bit slow I think. Phone Post 3.0
Sunday is my 'go slow' day :D Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 10:45 AM
WH1ZZER
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really ESPN ON FREE VIEW!! Shit I never knew, can you watch it in HD too???
If you can Sky are gonna get fucked off.. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 11:11 AM
WH1ZZER

Argh, just had a thought? How do you record program's? Phone Post 3.0
4/7/13 11:23 AM
NorthernIrishZombie
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WH1ZZER - Argh, just had a thought? How do you record program's? Phone Post 3.0

You can get Freeview DVRs. Some TVs even record freeview to USB drives.

4/7/13 11:53 AM
Harry the Gimp

ESPN UK have huge issues with their programming - either they fuck up the start or the end so I'l get 30 mins of bloody basket ball when I should be watching TUF so I now have to SKyPlus the following program. Although they went one better with the last Mark Hunt fight as it went into the next 2 shows. I mean its not that difficult with these pre-packaged shows - its on for an hour (TUF) or 3 hours (typical UFC PPV).

Sky Sports have stopped showing all MMA

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.