UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ESPN UK Possibly leaving UK market

2/12/13 8:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthernIrishZombie
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like Garry Cook wasn't too hot on doing a deal with Sky when he was asked about it in Dublin. Phone Post
2/12/13 8:36 PM
UGCTT_snsheehan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthernIrishZombie -  Sounds like Garry Cook wasn't too hot on doing a deal with Sky when he was asked about it in Dublin. Phone Post

Yep I was there it sounded like it wast going to happen
2/12/13 8:40 PM
El Toro UK
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_snsheehan - 
NorthernIrishZombie -  Sounds like Garry Cook wasn't too hot on doing a deal with Sky when he was asked about it in Dublin. Phone Post

Yep I was there it sounded like it wast going to happen

Thanks for the info guys
2/12/13 8:46 PM
El Toro UK
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What did Garry say exactly
2/13/13 3:37 AM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit, this isn't the news I was looking for in here. Gone post more on what was said guys.

Again we were talking about it at work yesterday and Sky are always looking to drive new subscriptions. The census is UFC wouldn't drive to many, even though its a fast growing sport. Phone Post
2/13/13 5:33 AM
LAE

FearTheClown - 
LAE -  If Sky buy the rights then expect Sky Sports News to be completely flooded with UFC hype.

Its all about how much money the Ufc would get from the deal, because Sky arent gonna put the Ufc on DVD , expect supercards.

They're really isnt anywhere else to go in the UK. Until then, tge UK wont be getting any fights as big as Rampage vs Hendo for a while. Phone Post

"Sky aren't gonna put the UFC on DVD"? What the hell are you on about dude?

shit sorry, PPV. posting from a phone with sausage fingers + autocorrect.
2/13/13 3:21 PM
El Toro UK

DW talks about the TV deal
In the media scrum from earlier today,he sounds positive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnR2axJmvSk Phone Post
2/13/13 3:23 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thx for posting this dude, I'll get on a PC later. Phone Post
2/13/13 3:54 PM
El Toro UK

Part 2 to that

http://youtu.be/kpLfTu3ir04
2/13/13 4:08 PM
NorthernIrishZombie
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Part 1

2/13/13 4:08 PM
NorthernIrishZombie

Part 2

2/13/13 4:25 PM
NorthernIrishZombie

I love how positive Dana is sounding about getting a TV deal done this week and the idea of having 4-5 events every year around the same date would be tremendous.

2/13/13 5:05 PM
El Toro UK

NorthernIrishZombie -

I love how positive Dana is sounding about getting a TV deal done this week and the idea of having 4-5 events every year around the same date would be tremendous.

Yeah they must want nail a tv agreement if Lorenzo is flying specially Phone Post
2/13/13 5:23 PM
toovie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bwatermyfren -
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
Bwatermyfren -  I'd say Sky Sports will take over showing the UFC. Phone Post

Doubt it, they don't seem to give a fuck about it. Think they still see it as some silly we fringe sport.

As far as I know they have dropped all other mma organisations they currently show.

I have a feeling that this is because they are going to get the rights to show the UFC.

I could be totally wrong but this is just what I think. Phone Post
Sky sports still show UCMMA (cage rage) but the last UCMMA went live on primetime for free UCMMA and Cage fighter are always on sky sports Phone Post
2/13/13 5:23 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life

El Toro UK - 
NorthernIrishZombie -

Yeah they must want nail a tv agreement if Lorenzo is flying specially Phone Post

Watched both parts there guys. As you say El Toro, looks promising and with Lorenzo flying in, they must mean business. I really hope they can pull this off. 

2/13/13 5:50 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

LAE -
FearTheClown - 
LAE -  If Sky buy the rights then expect Sky Sports News to be completely flooded with UFC hype.

Its all about how much money the Ufc would get from the deal, because Sky arent gonna put the Ufc on DVD , expect supercards.

They're really isnt anywhere else to go in the UK. Until then, tge UK wont be getting any fights as big as Rampage vs Hendo for a while. Phone Post

"Sky aren't gonna put the UFC on DVD"? What the hell are you on about dude?

shit sorry, PPV. posting from a phone with sausage fingers + autocorrect.
Rampage vs Hendo? Phone Post
2/13/13 5:59 PM
Faithless slime

Tbh I was quite content when it was on bravo the Sunday evening after an event at least it was free Phone Post
2/13/13 6:02 PM
El Toro UK

Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life -
El Toro UK - 
NorthernIrishZombie -

Watched both parts there guys. As you say El Toro, looks promising and with Lorenzo flying in, they must mean business. I really hope they can pull this off. 

Also positive news about their intentions to do annual live events in each of the capitals in our region. Phone Post
2/13/13 8:24 PM
UGCTT_snsheehan

Edited: 02/13/13 8:26 PM
I was at Trinity Tuesday and Garry Cook seemed like there was no chance whatsoever that SKY would take the UFC.

He was saying they know it will be very very hard to get on SKY so are seriouslay looking at alternatives.

If UFC goes to BT Vision I wonder how Irish people will see it?
2/14/13 9:08 AM
El Toro UK

UGCTT_snsheehan - I was at Trinity Tuesday and Garry Cook seemed like there was no chance whatsoever that SKY would take the UFC.

He was saying they know it will be very very hard to get on SKY so are seriouslay looking at alternatives.

He must have meant the sky channels not completely leaving the actual sky platform right? Phone Post
2/14/13 9:14 AM
EckY
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faithless slime -  Tbh I was quite content when it was on bravo the Sunday evening after an event at least it was free Phone Post

UFC was at its most popular by far, in the UK, when they were tape delayed on Bravo.

Realistically not many people are willing to stay up til 6am on a Saturday to watch the UFC, having it on late Sunday evening was perfect, especially since Bravo was a fairly popular channel amongst their key demographic, at the time.

2/14/13 9:14 AM
goocher
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soon the people of Europe will have to start shelling out serious cash for pay per views. Enjoy all your free mma while it lasts.
2/14/13 10:51 AM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life

El Toro UK -
UGCTT_snsheehan - I was at Trinity Tuesday and Garry Cook seemed like there was no chance whatsoever that SKY would take the UFC.

He must have meant the sky channels not completely leaving the actual sky platform right? Phone Post
This. Taking it off the Sky platform and sticking it on BT Vision would be a disaster.

I reckon Fox or Sky. Dana kept mentioning big TV deal. Has to be Sky or Fox. Phone Post
2/14/13 11:20 AM
El Toro UK

Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life - 
El Toro UK -

This. Taking it off the Sky platform and sticking it on BT Vision would be a disaster.

I reckon Fox or Sky. Dana kept mentioning big TV deal. Has to be Sky or Fox. Phone Post

if i haven't got this wrong, in order to get BT vision you have to subscribe to their telephone and internet services?
2/14/13 12:11 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life

That's correct mate. UFC would cut their noses of if they went to BT Vision.

There also similar to Virgin, they use most of Sky's content and sell it as their own. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.