UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ESPN UK Possibly leaving UK market

2/14/13 2:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Localcup
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure we can't get virgin media here in north east, and there's no way I'm changing my phone and Internet just changed it to sky, sky line rental cheaper than bt. Hopefully news corp or whatever the parent company of fox/sky is called gets involved to help the process Phone Post
2/14/13 2:39 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe radio is the way forward until demand grows?

That or an Internet subscription? Phone Post
2/14/13 2:42 PM
FOX Force Five
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL - I hope Radio 4 pick it up!
2/14/13 3:03 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Maybe radio is the way forward until demand grows?

That or an Internet subscription? Phone Post
Internet subscription would be terrible for the UK. You have to remember buddy that fast Internet in the UK is still a postcode lottery. I'd bet 3/4's of the hardcores (the ones who are nutts enough to pay) have a crap connection.

Even if you have fast Internet half the time the streams suck. IMO Zuffa's hopes of growth would collapse if it turned to constant streaming. Phone Post
2/14/13 3:22 PM
FOX Force Five
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I realise it would didsrupt the flow of back-to-back NCIS, but haven't channel 5 showed UFC events before? (Not live but replays)
2/14/13 3:40 PM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

El Toro UK -
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life -
El Toro UK - 
NorthernIrishZombie -

I love how positive Dana is sounding about getting a TV deal done this week and the idea of having 4-5 events every year around the same date would be tremendous.

Yeah they must want nail a tv agreement if Lorenzo is flying specially Phone Post

Watched both parts there guys. As you say El Toro, looks promising and with Lorenzo flying in, they must mean business. I really hope they can pull this off. 

Also positive news about their intentions to do annual live events in each of the capitals in our region. Phone Post
Capitals in our region? As in London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Belfast? Hope that's not true, North shafted as usual. Phone Post
2/14/13 3:45 PM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DOMINANTDAN#1FAN - 
El Toro UK -
El Toro UK - 
NorthernIrishZombie -

I love how positive Dana is sounding about getting a TV deal done this week and the idea of having 4-5 events every year around the same date would be tremendous.

Yeah they must want nail a tv agreement if Lorenzo is flying specially Phone Post

Watched both parts there guys. As you say El Toro, looks promising and with Lorenzo flying in, they must mean business. I really hope they can pull this off. 

Also positive news about their intentions to do annual live events in each of the capitals in our region. Phone Post
Capitals in our region? As in London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Belfast? Hope that's not true, North shafted as usual. Phone Post

Hope it's not true.

There's an arena just built in Leeds that holds 13.5k, it'd be perfect for a FUEL or FX up north (and convenient for me)!
2/14/13 3:48 PM
Sleazy Martinez
668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know how many times I tried to record TUF or MMA Live and ended up with some random football match. Phone Post
2/14/13 4:28 PM
rexthedog
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DOMINANTDAN#1FAN -
El Toro UK -
El Toro UK - 
NorthernIrishZombie -

He mentioned Manchester too

I think Belfast is unlikely. UFC 72 had some great fights but any time you hear fighters or staff talk about it it sounds like they had a tough time. I cant remember if it was in his book or on the dvd extras but I remember Forrest Griffin was pretty cutting.
I think they'll focus on Dublin rather than Belfast....glad I moved to London where UFC cards are pretty much guaranteed :) Phone Post
2/14/13 4:29 PM
rexthedog
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh and the odyssey arena in Belfast is awful. Dublin was by far the best live UFC I've experienced. Phone Post
2/14/13 5:12 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

rexthedog - Oh and the odyssey arena in Belfast is awful. Dublin was by far the best live UFC I've experienced. Phone Post
Belfast is unsafe IMO. Phone Post
2/14/13 5:32 PM
Sleazy Martinez
668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faithless slime - Tbh I was quite content when it was on bravo the Sunday evening after an event at least it was free Phone Post
That post made me nostalgic. PPV (delyayed), TUF, a few episodes of Unleashed here n there and maybe some Ultimate Knockouts or Submissions flung in for good measure plus i remember watching a docu about MMA and it's lineage. Bravo actually put in some effort. I would rather pay for that than what I currently get with ESPN. Phone Post
2/14/13 5:38 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Must. See. Live, Phone Post
2/14/13 5:58 PM
rexthedog

Outlaw'd by Lytle -
rexthedog - Oh and the odyssey arena in Belfast is awful. Dublin was by far the best live UFC I've experienced. Phone Post
In what way? Phone Post
2/14/13 6:34 PM
NorthernIrishZombie
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

LOL at this.

When talking about it at Trinity, Dana mentioned England (London, Manchester), Republic of Ireland (Dublin) and Northern Ireland.

2/14/13 6:38 PM
NorthernIrishZombie
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rexthedog -  Oh and the odyssey arena in Belfast is awful. Dublin was by far the best live UFC I've experienced. Phone Post

I'd agree that the Odyssey isn't the best, but other than maybe the acoustics sometimes it's hardly "awful".

2/14/13 6:41 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

rexthedog -
Outlaw'd by Lytle -
In what way? Phone Post
Just general unrest. Phone Post
2/14/13 6:43 PM
NorthernIrishZombie

Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
rexthedog -
Outlaw'd by Lytle -
In what way? Phone Post

I can tell you right now that you're being ridiculous.

It's like saying not to go to London because you'll get stabbed.

2/14/13 7:09 PM
rexthedog

NorthernIrishZombie - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
rexthedog -
Outlaw'd by Lytle -
In what way? Phone Post

this
2/14/13 7:09 PM
rexthedog

NorthernIrishZombie - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
rexthedog -
Outlaw'd by Lytle -
In what way? Phone Post

this
2/14/13 7:11 PM
Cheggers
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paying for a 3am ppv? It's for tese reasons that torrents are popular
2/14/13 8:00 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

NorthernIrishZombie -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
rexthedog -
Outlaw'd by Lytle -
In what way? Phone Post

I agree, London is also dangerous.

All UK events should be in Manchester.

Just happens to be close to where I live.

; ) Phone Post
2/15/13 3:22 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion -
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN - 
El Toro UK -
El Toro UK - 
NorthernIrishZombie -

Hope it's not true.

There's an arena just built in Leeds that holds 13.5k, it'd be perfect for a FUEL or FX up north (and convenient for me)!
Id be happy with Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, just anywhere in the North instead of everything being daan Saaf. Phone Post
2/15/13 4:46 AM
The Mammoth
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont understand the Sky Sports nuthuggery in this thread.

Possible PPV clusterfuck plus a definite large subscription fee each month far larger than ESPN.

UFC on SKY?

2/15/13 4:58 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN

I already have Sky, I have to pay extra for ESPN to watch the UFC, whereas I wouldnt pay for it if not for the UFC. That explains my reason for hoping it moves to Sky Sports.  PPV will never take off in the UK imo, so I dont fear it being PPV.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.