UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ESPN UK Possibly leaving UK market

2/18/13 12:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FortyKoatz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck. If sky get it and it starts getting decent numbers they will switch to ppv in a flash. I really hope it stays with ESPN.
2/18/13 12:53 PM
SonnendbySilva
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion -
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN - 
El Toro UK -
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life -
El Toro UK - 
NorthernIrishZombie -

I love how positive Dana is sounding about getting a TV deal done this week and the idea of having 4-5 events every year around the same date would be tremendous.

Yeah they must want nail a tv agreement if Lorenzo is flying specially Phone Post

Watched both parts there guys. As you say El Toro, looks promising and with Lorenzo flying in, they must mean business. I really hope they can pull this off. 

Also positive news about their intentions to do annual live events in each of the capitals in our region. Phone Post
Capitals in our region? As in London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Belfast? Hope that's not true, North shafted as usual. Phone Post

Hope it's not true.

There's an arena just built in Leeds that holds 13.5k, it'd be perfect for a FUEL or FX up north (and convenient for me)!
Where abouts in Leeds is the arena? Would be ideal for me too! Phone Post
2/18/13 1:42 PM
Localcup
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long do we have to stay tuned John? Today or this week, cheers Marra Phone Post
2/18/13 1:42 PM
Localcup
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forget Leeds, Newcastle is the way forward. Again. Phone Post
2/18/13 1:47 PM
El Toro UK
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - its Sky ; stay tuned
That Friday night meeting that DFW was telling us about must have gone really well.

What happened to sky wanting to show it without paying anything for the rights? Phone Post
2/18/13 1:58 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

john joe - its Sky ; stay tuned
Awesome!! If so ESPN is getting cancelled.

SKY will do wonders for The UFC. Phone Post
2/18/13 1:58 PM
The Super Bean
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have ESPN and not sky sports. I pay for ESPN just to watch the UFC. I really don't want to have to pay for Sky sports as I don't watch football or F1 at home. This this going to be rubbish. Phone Post
2/18/13 2:00 PM
Bromovich
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't fucking stand ESPN can't wait to stop giving them money. Phone Post
2/18/13 2:10 PM
vonbakk

The Super Bean -  I have ESPN and not sky sports. I pay for ESPN just to watch the UFC. I really don't want to have to pay for Sky sports as I don't watch football or F1 at home. This this going to be rubbish. Phone Post

same here mate, gutted about this! At this moment I cant see myself paying for sky ever again unless they contribute nothing to the production a la espn. The thought of some Richard keys style turd talking mma is repulsive......did you smash it hahaha

ps first post, hello people
2/18/13 2:10 PM
vonbakk

Edited: 02/18/13 2:10 PM
Double post, great start!
2/18/13 2:11 PM
Bromovich
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/18/13 2:18 PM

Edit.

2/18/13 2:21 PM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Localcup - Forget Leeds, Newcastle is the way forward. Again. Phone Post
Either works for me, Toon is closer but I couldn't care less as long as we got some in the North.
Stoked about the Sky news, WIN. Phone Post
2/18/13 2:55 PM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If its on Sky Sports then I'm done with UFC. I'm not going to pay £15 extra a month to watch the fights.

2/18/13 3:16 PM
3rdLion
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonnendbySilva - 
3rdLion -
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN - 
El Toro UK -
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life -
El Toro UK - 
NorthernIrishZombie -

I love how positive Dana is sounding about getting a TV deal done this week and the idea of having 4-5 events every year around the same date would be tremendous.

Yeah they must want nail a tv agreement if Lorenzo is flying specially Phone Post

Watched both parts there guys. As you say El Toro, looks promising and with Lorenzo flying in, they must mean business. I really hope they can pull this off. 

Also positive news about their intentions to do annual live events in each of the capitals in our region. Phone Post
Capitals in our region? As in London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Belfast? Hope that's not true, North shafted as usual. Phone Post

Hope it's not true.

There's an arena just built in Leeds that holds 13.5k, it'd be perfect for a FUEL or FX up north (and convenient for me)!
Where abouts in Leeds is the arena? Would be ideal for me too! Phone Post

In the city centre pretty much, just outside in LS2. It says that it can host boxing and wrestling events which means a UFC event would be no problem! I hope so anyway!
2/18/13 3:20 PM
thejoeyapps
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am already subscribing to Sky Sports so it would be an added bonus to sack ESPN in and have the UFC on SS.

If they cover it properly it will go a long way to budge the current "thug" image the sport has. This hasn't been helped by some of the events Sky have aired a long with an awful weekly show to really drive it home.

In an ideal world the UFC take this deal, gain momentum with new fans and get this sport to where it should be. Then they pull the plug and start up Zuffa TV channel which shows all the content the US gets along with old WEC,Pride, UFC & Strikeforce shows. This would be a subscription channel.

That's my dream anyway.

2/18/13 3:24 PM
Bromovich

thejoeyapps -

I am already subscribing to Sky Sports so it would be an added bonus to sack ESPN in and have the UFC on SS.

If they cover it properly it will go a long way to budge the current "thug" image the sport has. This hasn't been helped by some of the events Sky have aired a long with an awful weekly show to really drive it home.

In an ideal world the UFC take this deal, gain momentum with new fans and get this sport to where it should be. Then they pull the plug and start up Zuffa TV channel which shows all the content the US gets along with old WEC,Pride, UFC & Strikeforce shows. This would be a subscription channel.

That's my dream anyway.

Sounds like heaven. Phone Post
2/18/13 3:30 PM
tom_hkr
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love ufc on sky sports, espn fucked them selves over by increasing there price 50% last year id be happy to pay the same for a ufc channel if we got abit more then we do now i.e. prelims for fox,fx,fuel cards Phone Post
2/18/13 3:36 PM
FOX Force Five
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 questions guys:
Do you think the UFC will be contained on 1 sky channel or do you think we'll need multiple one? IE skysports1, 2 and 3

I have a full time job, a like to trane Judo, and I have another hobby. How the hell are you guys planning to watch all the extra programming in your "heaven"?
2/18/13 3:40 PM
Bromovich

Edited: 02/18/13 3:46 PM
FOX Force Five - 2 questions guys:
Do you think the UFC will be contained on 1 sky channel or do you think we'll need multiple one? IE skysports1, 2 and 3

I have a full time job, a like to trane Judo, and I have another hobby. How the hell are you guys planning to watch all the extra programming in your "heaven"?

A Sky Sports UFC channel (like the F1 one) would be ideal or they could even put pre-lims on Sky 1,2 or Atlantic to try and draw in some new fans

And as for watching extra programming in my "heaven" - Sky+ HD... Phone Post

2/18/13 4:07 PM
El Toro UK
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/18/13 4:08 PM

edit

2/18/13 5:01 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/18/13 5:27 PM
dallow
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come on John Joe don't tease us, give us some more info plz! Phone Post
2/18/13 5:31 PM
Four Star

I'm one of the people who don't want to see the UFC on sky sports. I'm not a football or F1 fan and I can't justify 252 quid per year just for the UFC.

What it boils down to for the UFC is will they get more exposure from existing sky sports viewers or will they loose more viewers with people like me that can't justify the price to follow a single sport.

Personally I think fox is a better bet. bigger subscriber base etc. The more homes your in the more eyeballs are on you with the right promotion. Phone Post
2/18/13 5:36 PM
Flannerz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only drawback of it being on Sky would be them putting the results on Sky Sports News. If I'm busy on a Sunday I don't watch the event until the evening. I don't want to get the results ruined for me on SSN if I'm in a pub before football and they have it on
2/18/13 5:42 PM
Crw
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm happy with ESPN I'm not sure why they are getting all this hate . Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.