UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Has Rashad Evans lost his drive?

2/7/13 1:03 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“He needs to get the fire back.  He doesn’t have the fire.  He needs to get it.”

Evans won the second season of The Ultimate Fighter as a heavyweight.  He immediately dropped down to his more comfortable weight class and went on to win the 205-pound title.  Evans eventually returned to The Ultimate Fighter as a coach in the series’ tenth season coaching opposite Quinton “Rampage” Jackson.

White feels there’s been a change in the former titleholder.

“Rashad used to train like a beast.  Rashad never used to get tired.  The only time you saw Rashad get tired was when he first came into the UFC and he fought Tito (Ortiz) that first fight.  After that, he turned into an absolute beast,” said White.

Evans has lost back-to-back fights for the first time in his career.  Winning his next bout is crucial.

read entire article...

So what does the Underground think? Has Evans lost his drive or is he's lastest loss just a hiccup?

2/7/13 1:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KZTT_W85
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs Apollo creed Phone Post
2/7/13 1:06 PM
Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He lost his Greg Jackson

2/7/13 1:07 PM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miami

2/7/13 1:08 PM
weepingbeaver
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely not himself lately. Phone Post
2/7/13 1:14 PM
Dvh10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was watching an interview he did with ariel helwani before the lil nog fight and he was saying that he had lost his drive and took some time off and had rediscovered his drive didn't look like he was hungry for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo2LcLjmTv0 Phone Post
2/7/13 1:15 PM
Phisher

Is UG blog three steps behind the MMA world on every single topic of discussion?

2/7/13 1:18 PM
dangerboy12
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he has gotten KO'd and nearly KO'd too many times.

Once a guy knows he can be knocked out the way Machida knocked him out, he is forced to change his style, or else he gets knocked out again.

Very few guys can recover from a brutal KO like that without getting brutally KO'd again. Evans is afraid to put himself in danger anymore. Even against guys he outclassed like Rampage and Silva, the fights right after his Machida fight, he almost got KTFO.

Since then he has fought far more defensively to avoid the KO. Fighting defensively is not the way to beat guys like Nogueria and Jones.
2/7/13 1:19 PM
Jason
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin

It could also be money. Once people "make it" and our comfortable financially, it sometimes makes it hard to bust your balls doing the thing that made you the money

2/7/13 1:21 PM
Card
1991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/7/13 1:25 PM
SupesUp
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It must be hard to keep the drive when you're making good cash, have endorsements and sponsors and know you'll never be the King of the Hill.
As mma fighters make more money I feel like the turnover for top guys will increase. It's hard to be wealthy and still get pumped to go and get punched in the face regularly. Phone Post
2/7/13 1:30 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
He did fight a tough, experienced opponent.
2/7/13 1:40 PM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not like Lil Nog was so aggressive in that fight either, both guys were pretty tentative.

Honestly, Rashad's 3 previous fights (Tito, Davis, Jones), even though he lost to Bones, was probably his best run yet. Everyone has a fight where they didn't perform the way they wanted to, even Anderson and GSP have had those fights. Silly to read too much into one fight.
2/7/13 2:04 PM
TheKidAintMine
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad looked terrible on Sat night. I think, and this is just pure speculation, that he was just not motivated for the Lil Nog fight. I think if he were offered the Anderson fight, we'd see the same Rashad that beat Tito the 2nd time.
2/7/13 2:09 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -

It could also be money. Once people "make it" and our comfortable financially, it sometimes makes it hard to bust your balls doing the thing that made you the money

He's great in studio and that's probably a sweet gig. Phone Post
2/7/13 6:50 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

TheKidAintMine - Rashad looked terrible on Sat night. I think, and this is just pure speculation, that he was just not motivated for the Lil Nog fight. I think if he were offered the Anderson fight, we'd see the same Rashad that beat Tito the 2nd time.
This Phone Post
2/7/13 6:57 PM
2Fort
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think he's lost the drive, but I do wonder how much his current camp has to do with his performance.
2/7/13 9:17 PM
HandyDarsh
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get this man trt
JK Phone Post
2/7/13 9:25 PM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think his camp has a little to do with this. Phone Post
2/7/13 11:52 PM
Carl Sonnen

Rashad needs to start attacking his opponents more instead of waiting for them to trip and fall on their face. He has definitely lost the motivation to take risks and put himself on the line like he used to.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.