UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hardest shot that was shrugged off?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/8/13 8:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sparkuri
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed Phone Post
2/8/13 8:38 PM
sparkuri
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

* About the monk Phone Post
2/8/13 8:38 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
4317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThinkMMA - Fedor shrugged off a high kick from Cro Cop as well. Not like the kick he hit Hunt with, but it landed very similar to the way he KO'd Waterman and Dos Caras. The kick that caused the cut on the upper forehead. It definitely landed and Fedor walked through it like the emotionless bastard he is. Phone Post
This! Phone Post
2/8/13 8:39 PM
man meets fate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the shots hendo landed on AS DON'T count then neither does the shots he landed on fedor
2/8/13 8:52 PM
KevinMcAllister
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 8:52 PM

Check the two hooks that Hunt takes on his way in near the start of this round.

2/8/13 8:56 PM
Xavier Wolfe
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gamer complains about Anderson Silva fanatics when he has an obvious blind hatred on Jon Jones. Yeah #2 P4P fighter needs your tips on his flying knees. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:58 PM
Paka Ono
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paka Ono - I can't find the gif, but Mark Hunt vs. Big Ben has to be a nominee as well!

Found it! Zombie moad Big Ben can take a punch!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tnWkdAUIoKs/Tn6RMsZqIBI/AAAAAAAAFEo/dON6C1gbNKs/s1600/8.gif

If a blue or green namer could link.

Thanks!
2/8/13 9:00 PM
caposa
1946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/8/13 9:01 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thaiguy, a video titled "Anderson Silva's iron chin" on youtube shows him take some hard punches from Hendo and Bader right on the chin. He sees them coming and sort of rolls with it and thus avoids getting rocked. They aren't the hardest punches Hendo ever threw, but still were very solid punches that landed. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:05 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paka Ono -
Paka Ono - I can't find the gif, but Mark Hunt vs. Big Ben has to be a nominee as well!

Found it! Zombie moad Big Ben can take a punch!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tnWkdAUIoKs/Tn6RMsZqIBI/AAAAAAAAFEo/dON6C1gbNKs/s1600/8.gif

If a blue or green namer could link.

Thanks!
Lol, if there is anything good about Rothwell it's that chin. Still baffles me that Schaub decided to play rock em sock em with him. Phone Post
2/8/13 9:30 PM
caposa
1946 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/8/13 9:32 PM
unfilter
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

maybe my favorite fight ever.

what about the part when sefo leans in and kisses hunt on the cheek?

2/8/13 9:40 PM
Phisher
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 9:44 PM
gamer - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Continuing on with part 3 (from my last post)

3. The fact that since Shogun was also forced to take the fight on short notice he had no real time to formualte any type of game plan or plan b for Jones

Shogun was just fighting with no idea. Jones was fight planning...not fighting, but fight planning with the massive advantage of having had more then a year to study Shogun's game because he had been helping Rashad in camp for Shogun.

Remember, Shogun had his opponents cruedly switched on him from Rashad to Jones at the last minute. Shogun spent a majority of his camp preparing for Rashad, so he was expecting Rashad, but got something completely different in Jones. Shogun only had 6 weeks to prepare for the opponent bait and switch, while Jones already had more then a year under his belt of studing Shogun's game, when he was helping Rashad prepare for Shogun

Situation was beyond fucked up. It was almost corrupt.Its because of that why Shogun fought so out of his element after already gassing out etc

There is no doubt in mind that a Shogun with an actual training camp for Jones this time, has success against Jones. Shogun probably wont beat him, because Jones is just too big for him (Jones is just the bigger wrestler. Shogun is the far more skilled pound for pound fighter, as is Machida over Jones) BUT a healthy or game planned Shogun will have success and will have big moments in a rematch 

You need to see a fucking therapist man. Seriously. I don't want to log onto the UG one morning and read about how Shogun was shot to death by some loon who was stalking him in a murder/suicide.

2/8/13 9:46 PM
Jored1990
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson ate some big shots from Jorge Rivera back in Cage Rage

2/8/13 9:52 PM
Jored1990
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/8/13 9:56 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

gamer -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Thaiguy, a video titled "Anderson Silva's iron chin" on youtube shows him take some hard punches from Hendo and Bader right on the chin. He sees them coming and sort of rolls with it and thus avoids getting rocked. They aren't the hardest punches Hendo ever threw, but still were very solid punches that landed. Phone Post

Thank you for a good post!

For the most part you remain civil, and I appreciate that:)

I just finished watching the Hendo vs Anderson fight

And ultimately here is what I have to say

That shot doesn't make Anderson credible for this thread

There has been so many more better examples

I actually think the front kick Hendo took from Anderson is a much better example from that fight

p.s I will check out the video you told me about anyway
It probably has more to do with the respect for Hendo's power than people trying to pump up Silva. They were hard shots, he was just moving backwards.

Maybe not on the level of some other ones like the Jones flying knee on Shogun, but the way Silva takes punches and looks at his opponent like they wasted their energy for throwing them is pretty impressive and probably demoralizing for an opponent. Phone Post
2/8/13 10:17 PM
Phisher

caposa - 

Scheduling a bunch of HWs to fight at altitude in Denver. LOL @ the "genius" of Joe Silva.

2/8/13 10:37 PM
EFeeez
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:12 PM
andyman011

gamer -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
gamer -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Thaiguy, a video titled "Anderson Silva's iron chin" on youtube shows him take some hard punches from Hendo and Bader right on the chin. He sees them coming and sort of rolls with it and thus avoids getting rocked. They aren't the hardest punches Hendo ever threw, but still were very solid punches that landed. Phone Post

Thank you for a good post!

For the most part you remain civil, and I appreciate that:)

I just finished watching the Hendo vs Anderson fight

And ultimately here is what I have to say

That shot doesn't make Anderson credible for this thread

There has been so many more better examples

I actually think the front kick Hendo took from Anderson is a much better example from that fight

p.s I will check out the video you told me about anyway
It probably has more to do with the respect for Hendo's power than people trying to pump up Silva. They were hard shots, he was just moving backwards.

Maybe not on the level of some other ones like the Jones flying knee on Shogun, but the way Silva takes punches and looks at his opponent like they wasted their energy for throwing them is pretty impressive and probably demoralizing for an opponent. Phone Post

Thats the mistake people are making, they assume that because they came from Hendo they were automatically hard shots

They weren't

They were glancing blows, were either thrown off balance by Hendo, or Anderson rolled with the punch etc

I did not see Hendo hit Anderson with one flush legitimate hbomb

Thats the fact of the matter

That front kick Anderson hit Hendo was actually full on

That was a better example from the fight

I do think that Hendo threw some shots at Anderson that had more power behind them then the knee Jones hit Shogun with

(That knee was nothing to Shogun. He has walked through much harder shots. Shogun ate that aweful looking knee up from Jones like candy. After wards it was almost as if Shogun looked at Jones saying are you kidding me. Jones then took Shogun down instantly and did all the damage on the ground via size)

BUT again, Anderson rolled with those punches, dramitcally taking away the force of the blow

The good shots Hendo did throw were glancing blows or were blows that missed completely
Let's post some gifs of Anderson taking shots to shut this guy up. The man has a godly chin. Good fights to pick out of are hendo vs Silva, chael body slamming his skull on the mat in the first fight. The entire training video of him taking shots and asking for more. Bader throwing a right that almost throws Silva over the rope and Anderson says more. I've never seen this guy rocked, cut or even worried about anyone's stand up game. He can't be phased Phone Post
2/8/13 11:14 PM
andyman011

Also lol at that knee did nothing to shogun. He said in post fight that the knee put him in an out of body experience and couldn't do anything but take a beating Phone Post
2/8/13 11:29 PM
Maksemous

gamer - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Yep Shogun ate that knee up like candy, chewed it up, and then spit it out back at Jones face!

*by the way, what aweful and ugly technique by Jones there*

Anyway,

LOL at any one saying that that knee is the reason why Shogun was taken out of the fight

That knee didnt even so much as wobble Shogun!

Shogun has walked through much... much, and I mean much harder shots then that!

What took Shogun out of the fight was as follows:

1. He was coming off surgery. He entered into the fight already much less then at his best

2. Considering that, Jones was able to wear down the much smaller Shogun from the top position via size much quicker then normal

Jones took Shogun down 10 seconds into the fight and spent a good portion of the first round smoothering the much smaller Shogun from the top position via his size advantage

Shogun also did burnn out a lot of energy trying to sweep the much bigger Jones.

Now Shogun was eventually able to get back to his feet from underneath the much bigger Jones, and that is a testament to Shogun's ground game, but all things considered, Shogun's gas tank was pretty much depleted afterwards

As Hendo said, you cant show your true skills when you are tired.

Shogun was already done half way into the first round. The fact Shogun fought on for two and half more rounds while basically being done, thats speaks volumes about Shogun's heart!

Dude is a warrior and fought on until he had negative zero left in the gas tank!

And lastly point #3

To be continued!

To answer your question, the level of wrestling in MMA has evolved significantly. Wrestling tends to nullify all other styles of fighting. Back in 05-06 when Fedor and Cro Cop ruled the game it was less of a wrestler's game. When a good striker faces an excellent wrestler he fears the takedown. Often times the best way to defend a take down is to sprawl, or dig underhooks, and this leads to a good striker having to drop their hands. The fear of the takedown gives the wrestler a huge advantage in the striking department. I think that wrestlers who are well-versed in MMA are able to capitalize on this fear.

If Jon Jones were to go into K-1 and face off against Badr Hari I don't think Jon Jones would do very well. You make an interesting point, back in the day a guy like Fedor had it all, wrestling, good hands, and a nasty guard. Part of that has to do with the cage. It's easier for a wrestler to nullify a martial artist's techniques by pressing them against the cage. The UFC favors the american wrestler, the "cage fighter."

As for Shogun his main problem is his inconsistency. The Shogun that first showed up to fight Forest Griffin isn't the same fighter that showed up to fight Forest Griffin the second time. At 30 years old Shogun has a lot of mileage. I honestly don't know how a 23 year old Shogun would do against a 23 year old Jon Jones under Pride rules and in Japan. What I can tell you is that I think it would be a more competitive fight.
2/8/13 11:50 PM
gooddoc

KevinMcAllister - Nelson eating the JDS uppercuts that flattened many a man. Phone Post
Obviously the right answer. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:58 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

gamer -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Yep Shogun ate that knee up like candy, chewed it up, and then spit it out back at Jones face!

*by the way, what aweful and ugly technique by Jones there*

Anyway,

LOL at any one saying that that knee is the reason why Shogun was taken out of the fight

That knee didnt even so much as wobble Shogun!

Shogun has walked through much... much, and I mean much harder shots then that!

What took Shogun out of the fight was as follows:

1. He was coming off surgery. He entered into the fight already much less then at his best

2. Considering that, Jones was able to wear down the much smaller Shogun from the top position via size much quicker then normal

Jones took Shogun down 10 seconds into the fight and spent a good portion of the first round smoothering the much smaller Shogun from the top position via his size advantage

Shogun also did burnn out a lot of energy trying to sweep the much bigger Jones.

Now Shogun was eventually able to get back to his feet from underneath the much bigger Jones, and that is a testament to Shogun's ground game, but all things considered, Shogun's gas tank was pretty much depleted afterwards

As Hendo said, you cant show your true skills when you are tired.

Shogun was already done half way into the first round. The fact Shogun fought on for two and half more rounds while basically being done, thats speaks volumes about Shogun's heart!

Dude is a warrior and fought on until he had negative zero left in the gas tank!

And lastly point #3

To be continued!
Alright, I understand your bias and you seem to be making an effort to get a little bit better. But why are you blasting others for fighter bashing but bashing Jones here?

What's wrong with the technique? I'm not an expert, it just looks like it lands perfectly, torques Shogun's head back and he somehow eats it because he is one of the toughest fighters ever. Phone Post
2/9/13 12:02 AM
D241
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neil McCauley - patrick cote against drew mcfedries

Damn dude, I love it when you post. 

Not sure if you can call a body slam a strike, but Fedor getting suplexed by the Monster is first thing I think of. Not     only did it seem as if Fedor would finally be beaten, I thought we might have seen the first death. 1 min 48 seconds later Randleman is tapping.

2/9/13 12:32 AM
Maltese Falcon
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did someone want a anderson silva taking a shot gif?
http://i29.tinypic.com/vgjk2.gif

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.