UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If the UFC was revealed to have works/fake fights

2/7/13 2:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kylekanada
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hypothetically, if some of the fights we've loved were revealed to be staged or predetermined to some degree, would you still watch mma?
2/7/13 2:09 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA - Yes. UFC - No.

2/7/13 2:09 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kylekanada - Hypothetically, if some of the fights we've loved were revealed to be staged or predetermined to some degree, would you still watch mma?

There wouldn't be MMA to watch, because if the UFC was staging fights, the AC's would pull their liscence.

2/7/13 2:33 PM
pegson123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine that. UFC is revealed as a work Phone Post
2/7/13 2:37 PM
Willin
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They faux-work the fights in the matchup phase. Subtle and savvy business strategy. Phone Post
2/7/13 2:41 PM
JoeVIP
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ImA2TimeLoser -  Didn't stop anyone from watch pride.

Oh yes I did Phone Post

Yes it did, Me. I stopped watching after the Big Nog vs Ricco fight. I owned every pride that came out up to that point and just stopped. I know I missed a lot of great fights but I didn't care. Fixed fights, everyone on roids, mismatches and people fighting well out of there weight classes. Wasn't for me.
2/7/13 2:43 PM
michegre
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fact that its real and anything can happen is why i watch. If it is revealed there is or was any fakery or pre planned outcomes....that would be it for me and MMA. I would be REALLY REALLY pissed off too!!!!! Phone Post
2/7/13 2:46 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eh I guess. I think there are enough examples to prove works aren't happening though Phone Post
2/7/13 2:50 PM
suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in b4 shamrock / franklin accusations and the pride vs ufc battle really pops off

2/7/13 2:52 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
kylekanada - Hypothetically, if some of the fights we've loved were revealed to be staged or predetermined to some degree, would you still watch mma?

There wouldn't be MMA to watch, because if the UFC was staging fights, the AC's would pull their liscence.

and they'd lose their gaming license.

too much to lose, would never happen imo.

2/7/13 7:56 PM
Mr Bungle
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is MMA. Not WWE. Nothing about martial artists who dedicate their lives to achieving greatness thru discipline, hard work and sacrifice for no guarantee of fame fortune or glory can remotely be considered, nor should it be confused,as fake.

It's obvious, with that question, you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. If you did, the mere suggestion that UFC fights are fake, makes you one of the lowest forms of MMA fans....

Have some fights been fixed? Absolutely. Was that at the behest of the UFC? Absolutely positively fuck no. It was a matter of either both fighters, or only one fighter being in on the fix. And at times it was all set up by some shady, outside force that had no business being involved with matters related to MMA. See: PRIDE FC and their Yakuza roots.

Back under the Bridge, Troll.
2/8/13 2:55 PM
kylekanada
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Bungle - 

This is MMA. Not WWE. Nothing about martial artists who dedicate their lives to achieving greatness thru discipline, hard work and sacrifice for no guarantee of fame fortune or glory can remotely be considered, nor should it be confused,as fake.

It's obvious, with that question, you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. If you did, the mere suggestion that UFC fights are fake, makes you one of the lowest forms of MMA fans....

Have some fights been fixed? Absolutely. Was that at the behest of the UFC? Absolutely positively fuck no. It was a matter of either both fighters, or only one fighter being in on the fix. And at times it was all set up by some shady, outside force that had no business being involved with matters related to MMA. See: PRIDE FC and their Yakuza roots.

I posed a simple question. I don't necessarily believe there has been predetermined fights or works, but what if there was? This was a hypothetical question. Would you stop watching? That's all I asked. Defensive much?
2/8/13 2:58 PM
Jack Skellington
820 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it would kill the sport

2/8/13 3:03 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigfoot Silva basically proved the UFC and Strikeforce weren't fixed Phone Post
2/8/13 3:56 PM
jmont

JoeVIP -
ImA2TimeLoser -  Didn't stop anyone from watch pride.

Oh yes I did Phone Post

Yes it did, Me. I stopped watching after the Big Nog vs Ricco fight. I owned every pride that came out up to that point and just stopped. I know I missed a lot of great fights but I didn't care. Fixed fights, everyone on roids, mismatches and people fighting well out of there weight classes. Wasn't for me.
Ya tbh this is y Ive never really liked pride, feels like a freekshow circus event rather than a legit sport Phone Post
2/8/13 3:56 PM
jmont

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Bigfoot Silva basically proved the UFC and Strikeforce weren't fixed Phone Post
Haha true Phone Post
2/8/13 5:00 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, I'd never watch the UFC again.
2/8/13 5:10 PM
J_Swift

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Bigfoot Silva basically proved the UFC and Strikeforce weren't fixed Phone Post
Oh the irony, a guy with a nickname based on an imaginary creature proving that something else is real and believable. I like it. Phone Post
2/8/13 7:31 PM
Tylervic
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Op must be from Australia. They would just call it wwe if they got caught. Phone Post
2/8/13 7:36 PM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It it was fixed, Faber would have a UFC title by now :)
2/8/13 7:38 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
Cyril Jeff - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

and they'd lose their gaming license.

too much to lose, would never happen imo.

This.

2/8/13 8:42 PM
kalki

"where you have both fighting and betting aloud,there will be ALWAYS be fixed fights"...Vegas proverb
2/8/13 8:58 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

jmont -
Haha true Phone Post
It's kind of funny, each of his last 5 fights the promoters were probably hoping he would lose and Bigfoot was a huge underdog, yet he went 3-2. Phone Post
2/8/13 8:58 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

J_Swift -
Oh the irony, a guy with a nickname based on an imaginary creature proving that something else is real and believable. I like it. Phone Post
Mind blown. Phone Post
2/8/13 10:22 PM
mata_leao
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Bungle -

Mad? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.