UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Greg Jackson expects no backlash

2/7/13 4:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Damon Martin, writing for Bleacher Report, says Greg Jackson does not anticipate any repercussions over his participation as a coach in the Spike TV reality series Fight Master:, which will be competing with the UFC's The Ultimate Fighter.

Jackson will join Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren as coaches. Filming is expected to being in a few weeks, ahead of a Summer debut.

"I don't think so," said Jackson during a media conference call on Tuesday. "Because like Randy I've worked with Bellator before, and I don't think it should be a problem. My fighters are my fighters, and I'm me and like Frank said as well, I think it's good for the sport,."

"Even Dana would admit that it's good for the sport to have other organizations around.  So I don't foresee any problems."

This year, with Jon Jones coaching The Ultimate Fighter in Las Vegas, Jackson opted not to be a part of his staff, due to the sheer amount of competitors getting ready for fights who needed his undivided attention.

Jackson explains that he will still be able to travel to shows on weekends and help corner his fighters, and even when the show is filming, his time commitment isn't so serious that he will be away for long stretches.

"IIt's very doable," said Jackson. "The great thing is you know you have great assistant coaches and that's always been one of my strengths as a team are the coaches around me, they're much better than I am, but just having that support system allows me the freedom to kind of move around a little bit. So I'm very, very blessed and lucky for that."

Read entire article...

2/7/13 4:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd pick Greg.

2/7/13 4:16 PM
JimmersonzGlove
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds logical.
2/7/13 4:18 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funny how he refused TUF as an assistant coach (no pay) because he wanted to give his fighters his undivided attention, but he has no problems doing bellator as the head coach ($$$)....

2/7/13 4:20 PM
FreakDaddy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jackson was never a UFC employee and Randy was.....Plus Dana (not me) thinks Jackson is a psort killer, so it seems logical he would want him to be involved with Bellator.......
2/7/13 4:22 PM
Big Pun
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I foresee a lot of decisions and fast forwarding on my TiVo
2/7/13 4:24 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Expect the unexpected Phone Post
2/7/13 4:27 PM
BshMstr
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreakDaddy - Jackson was never a UFC employee and Randy was.....Plus Dana (not me) thinks Jackson is a psort killer, so it seems logical he would want him to be involved with Bellator.......

this seems logical to me, but....

Dana's friggen weird.... while i think JBJ would have easily beaten Sonnen on 8 days notice, i don't think him choosing to wait is a bad idea (it's his career and health that's on the line, afterall). calling his coach a "f-in sport killer" over that decision is childish and immature.
2/7/13 4:31 PM
Aaron Becker

he's gotta be joking. Dana already doesn't like him and Dana is being an overgrown baby in the Couture situation
2/7/13 4:43 PM
PersianMMA

Greg Jackson is wrong the are no 2 NFL no 2 NBA etc.
Mr decision aka Jackson is only in this Bellator for money and he shouldn't be ashamed of it. Just dont try to have both. Be a man about it.

Its like you know your wife has been cheating and you are suppose to let her and the guy she fucked with come to dinner in your house.

But many MMA fans mostly 1% homeless people dont understand the concept of a company and company loyalty.

Why does Greg Jackson want to go to UFC anyway. he went to Bellator for the money then he should stand firm with his decision and leave UFC events. Or maybe he is working of Bellator for free?
2/7/13 4:48 PM
PersianMMA

Most people that are s*****ing up to Greg Jackson didnt lose flight money in UFC 151.

Dana was so right about Greg Jackson. I use to dislike Dana but I am starting to realize there are all these negative haters and negative media that only want bad thinsg to happen to you. The media thing is weird since UFC feeds the, so I dont get it.

When he said Greg Jackson id the worst in the sports back then I belived him but some people didnt.

Now we do have proof that Dana was right all along. He is a 2 face guy that only cares about his pockets and not the sport.

1 promotor only is the solutions. Otherwise like boxing.
1 NBA
1 NFL
1 UFC

One national league only !
2/7/13 4:50 PM
PersianMMA

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

funny how he refused TUF as an assistant coach (no pay) because he wanted to give his fighters his undivided attention, but he has no problems doing bellator as the head coach ($$$)....

Thats what I am saying. Ban them all from UFC!

I dont want to see Greg or randy anytime soon
2/7/13 4:53 PM
Phisher

PersianMMA - Most people that are s*****ing up to Greg Jackson didnt lose flight money in UFC 151.

Dana was so right about Greg Jackson. I use to dislike Dana but I am starting to realize there are all these negative haters and negative media that only want bad thinsg to happen to you. The media thing is weird since UFC feeds the, so I dont get it.

When he said Greg Jackson id the worst in the sports back then I belived him but some people didnt.

Now we do have proof that Dana was right all along. He is a 2 face guy that only cares about his pockets and not the sport.

1 NBA
1 NFL
1 UFC

LOL @ this horseshit. Greg Jackson didn't schedule a shitty top heavy card that wouldn't even be able to break even without the main event, and Greg Jackson didn't cancel the card.

It's unbelievable how many fans regurgitate Dana's bullshit without even thinking about it. He's got a bunch of people blaming a fucking trainer for Zuffa's bad business decisions.

2/7/13 4:59 PM
BshMstr
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher - 
PersianMMA - Most people that are s*****ing up to Greg Jackson didnt lose flight money in UFC 151.

1 NBA
1 NFL
1 UFC

LOL @ this horseshit. Greg Jackson didn't schedule a shitty top heavy card that wouldn't even be able to break even without the main event, and Greg Jackson didn't cancel the card.

It's unbelievable how many fans regurgitate Dana's bullshit without even thinking about it. He's got a bunch of people blaming a fucking trainer for Zuffa's bad business decisions.

yup.

someone else made the point earlier that each card should have only 1 fight from each weight division in order to help develop fans... i think this would also be logicial in dealing with injuries.
2/7/13 5:05 PM
gooddoc

FreakDaddy - Jackson was never a UFC employee and Randy was.....Plus Dana (not me) thinks Jackson is a psort killer, so it seems logical he would want him to be involved with Bellator.......

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe Dana sent him there on purpose to destroy the promotion.

2/7/13 5:54 PM
SJBenoist
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I realize most MMA fans aren't sports fans, but can we please stop trying to draw comparisons with a individual sport and team sports? It just doesn't make any damn sense.

If you want to compare MMA to something, use golf, tennis, judo, freaking ping-pong ... any other INDIVIDUAL sports.

The NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, et. al. are not "Promotions", they are Leagues. Every team has an owner, creating an oligopolistic competition amongst each other.

IOW, they are not paid by the same company, and are not employees of the same company. Baseball players do not work for MLB, they are employed by a specific team.

Why are we stuck on trying to hammer this screw?
2/7/13 5:56 PM
DanTheWolfman

Will release my on camera interview with Greg tomorrow
2/7/13 7:55 PM
TDogg926

Well Dana was right. Jackson's a business man. No disputing that now. Pure and simple. Not saying there's anything wrong with that. But it's a fact. Phone Post
2/7/13 8:06 PM
Authority Figure

TDogg926 -  Well Dana was right. Jackson's a business man. No disputing that now. Pure and simple. Not saying there's anything wrong with that. But it's a fact. Phone Post

Dana is a businessman. No disputing that now. Pure and simple. Not saying there's anything wrong with that. But it's a fact.

2/7/13 8:13 PM
TDogg926

Authority Figure -
TDogg926 -  Well Dana was right. Jackson's a business man. No disputing that now. Pure and simple. Not saying there's anything wrong with that. But it's a fact. Phone Post

Dana is a businessman. No disputing that now. Pure and simple. Not saying there's anything wrong with that. But it's a fact.

I 100% agree with what you said too. Phone Post
2/7/13 8:21 PM
Macedawgg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Damon Martin no longer with MMA Weekly?

2/7/13 8:24 PM
Phisher

More regurgitated stupidity from Dana. Like the only people who are allowed to turn a profit in MMA are the ones who own shares in Zuffa.

2/7/13 8:33 PM
Barbalos

"Greg Jackson can't even get a m--- f--- ticket for this event"
2/7/13 11:06 PM
TDogg926

Phisher -

More regurgitated stupidity from Dana. Like the only people who are allowed to turn a profit in MMA are the ones who own shares in Zuffa.

Never said that did I? Nope. K thanks bye Phone Post
2/8/13 1:28 AM
dermotfix
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spartan 117 Master Chief - Dana needs to chill out. The UFC is doing great and will always be on top

This is not mobster mentality.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.