UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Florian & Sonnen tell Lamas & TKZ to STFU!

2/7/13 6:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/07/13 6:50 PM

Fucking bullshit.

Florian and Sonnen both have switched weight classes for title shots. These men have no business commenting on this subject. Bringing up the fact that Lamas has no Twitter Followers? Really, Chael?

Is this a sport or is it the WWE?

"At least we arent Boxing!" - MMAGuy.

No, you're not boxing, but you're pretty damn close.

http://youtu.be/83XE8kjwUrM
2/7/13 7:05 PM
epic hero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed that's funny coming from them especially Chael
2/7/13 7:10 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Comparing TKZ to Pettis can't be done? Wtf?! Phone Post
2/7/13 7:13 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

Chael and Kenny going full retard.

You never go full retard.

2/7/13 7:25 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some strong UFC bias coming from Ariel Helwani.
2/7/13 7:36 PM
Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love when Chael says to Ariel "thanks pipsqueak"

2/7/13 7:40 PM
Stu Cazzo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't care....I want to see Pettis vs. Aldo.

2/7/13 7:41 PM
dogfb
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TKZ and Lamas should fight for #1 contender. 

2/7/13 7:53 PM
sextoymagic

To many fighters think they deserve title shots. They should keep fighting and shut up. They will get the title shot when it's there time. Phone Post
2/7/13 7:56 PM
Hikikomori
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their time?

You mean by beating everyone in front of you?

Lol! Phone Post
2/7/13 8:12 PM
JosselEmin

I love the Pettis vs Aldo fight but if u have great contenders in 145 there's no need to bring a 155 contender to fight the champion IMHO. Phone Post
2/7/13 8:29 PM
Neil McCauley

love chaels jab at ariel and ariels distaste

"thanks pal"
2/7/13 9:01 PM
DanielCaton

To people trashing the twitter follower comment from cheal.  You should understand Twitter Followers equates to PPV sales and when you joeschmo's start paying Aldo's PPV %, then you have a say in it.  And lets be real...Pettis walks through Lamas.

2/7/13 9:08 PM
Caught_clean
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What they said is 100% correct in the sense in WHY the UFC makes the matches they do, but is 100% wrong in what a sport is. This is the exact reason it will never be considered a sport to some because you throw out garbage like rankings, then completly ignore then based on hype and how much money you can make off a different match up. Do I understand why they do it? Of course and it makes sense, but they couldnt do that in Football for instance, just at the end of the year ignore the regular season and just match the 2 more popular teams up in the Superbowl.
2/7/13 9:09 PM
tonytr

Edited: 02/07/13 9:10 PM
Lamas vs. TKZ for the next shot at the belt and everything is A-OK in my book. But after that the winner shouldn't be denied. It's bad enough that Hendricks and Henderson got screwed (and likely the winner of Gustaffson/Mousasi as well once Cormier drops down). It's funny too, since Dana's excuse for why Sonnen got the shot over Henderson was that Hendo was still injured. While that was true, he healed up pretty quick and is now fighting before two months before Jones is. What a crock.
2/7/13 9:12 PM
tonytr

In that segment they go on and on about how the fighters need to sell themselves. Last time I checked, winning big on a big platform (FOX) is selling yourself. If you win four in a row over big opponents, that should be enough.
2/7/13 11:11 PM
sextoymagic

Hikikomori - Their time?

You mean by beating everyone in front of you?

Lol! Phone Post
Not saying florian or Sonnen deserve title shots. Just saying other fighters should not bitch about not getting a title shot. Phone Post
2/7/13 11:17 PM
daba

TKZ is more popular than Florian ever was.
2/7/13 11:18 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kenny Florian was a terrible fighter?
2/7/13 11:30 PM
osiriss
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well the good news for lamas is that his comments and the subsequent discussion and controversy will more than likely result in him getting the next tittle shot. If he doesn't lose in the meantime. Phone Post
2/12/13 11:29 AM
Wisco Thai
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dogfb - 

TKZ and Lamas should fight for #1 contender. 

This
2/12/13 11:34 AM
epwar
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ using the number of Twitter followers one has to justify a title shot.

2/12/13 12:13 PM
eljamaiquino
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tonytr - In that segment they go on and on about how the fighters need to sell themselves. Last time I checked, winning big on a big platform (FOX) is selling yourself. If you win four in a row over big opponents, that should be enough.
But wasn't Kenflo saying Anderson was ducking Weidman last week? Florian is a true flipflopper. Is it popularity or is it wins? Phone Post
2/12/13 12:16 PM
Rear Naked Chode
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caught_clean - What they said is 100% correct in the sense in WHY the UFC makes the matches they do, but is 100% wrong in what a sport is. This is the exact reason it will never be considered a sport to some because you throw out garbage like rankings, then completly ignore then based on hype and how much money you can make off a different match up. Do I understand why they do it? Of course and it makes sense, but they couldnt do that in Football for instance, just at the end of the year ignore the regular season and just match the 2 more popular teams up in the Superbowl.

This. Not that I wouldn't want to see Aldo vs pettis or GSP vs Diaz, but everyone you said is spot on.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.