UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can anyone help out Drew Fickett? (retire)

2/7/13 9:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Flyers179
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just went to check up on how he was doing lately and saw he has been very active. In a little over a year Drew lost 6 fights via TKO/KO (2 were submissions via strikes).

Listen I know it isn't appropriate for fans to dictate what a fighter chooses to do, but what about the people around Fickett?

I only care because I'm a big fan of the guy. It's terrible to see someone receive this sort of head trauma in order to make a living.

Life isn't fair, I know. I know Drew is probably far more qualified to train people than most gym owner's out there. I would hope to see him get the chance to do that (if he wants it).
2/7/13 9:33 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fickett's case is very weird. I think his issues at this point are almost entirely mental. For a while there, a few years ago, he was on a long losing streak and then he put together a decent streak of wins over good fighters and I thought he had pulled it together. After beating Veach, he went back onto a string of very quick losses... I just don't understand it Phone Post
2/7/13 9:55 PM
RearNakedToke
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't he drinking a ton for a while there? I the MFC or something was pushing real hard as some redemption story before he fought Brian Cobb.
2/7/13 10:13 PM
Tomato Can
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back in 2010 it seemed like he was going to be a serious fighter again. That lasted for all of a year.
2/7/13 10:31 PM
xakx

sounds like he needs to put some new people around him.
2/7/13 10:55 PM
FCFBlazer

Is he still sober? Phone Post
2/7/13 10:59 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for updates Phone Post
2/7/13 11:03 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you spelled "Cole Konrad" wrong.
2/7/13 11:06 PM
D241
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigSleep - you spelled "Cole Konrad" wrong.

when u try to be funny.....you are.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.