UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Soares: Weidman 'driving me crazy'

2/7/13 11:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Sounds like Ed Soares, manager for UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva, needs to keep a low profile at UFC events, lest Chris Weidman sees him and starts harping on him for a 2013 "Spider" fight. Anyone think Soares is influencing his champion one way or the other?

"Chris Weidman, I saw him in Chicago last Saturday and he was driving me crazy! He kept asking me, 'Hey, let's make that fight happen!' He's very confident and he's a good fighter and we'll see what happens. At the end of the day, we don't pick our opponents. A lot of times people want to say, 'Oh Ed, you picked that!' People ask for my opinion and I give my opinion. Chris Weidman? If he's next, the UFC will make that fight happen. Hopefully, we'll see him in Brazil."

read entire article...

2/7/13 11:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BshMstr
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uhm, pretty much everyone else that's a title holder or management in the UFC picks their fights...why not Anderson?

oh wait, someone other than JBJ at LHW wants to fight?!?
2/7/13 11:24 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol. Ed is such a sheister. Phone Post
2/7/13 11:25 PM
A.W.Ashford
363 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
2/7/13 11:28 PM
bimmer1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be back on here after the fight LMAO. i cant beleive people think weidman will win. Another destruction from anderson......... Phone Post
yellow c0ckahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At the end of the day, we don't pick our opponents.

Really, because the way you've been talking the last 8 months, it sounds like you do.

big_roy_fan - i think silva should just fight weidman, beat him and shut up all the people who are saying weidman is gonna finish him or just beat him in general.

every time silva has a fight people say this guy is the guy to beat him, and everytime silva proves people wrong.

Mmm not really. He was like a 9000 favorite to beat bonnar. Most people he faces he's favored to win. Phone Post
2/7/13 11:29 PM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll be driving you insane if this fight actually happens.. Phone Post
2/7/13 11:29 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really don't like Ed Soares.  I feel like he is part of the reason a lot of people dislike Anderson.

2/7/13 11:33 PM
AmmoMan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

I really don't like Ed Soares.  I feel like he is part of the reason a lot of people dislike Anderson.

This Phone Post
2/7/13 11:51 PM
Jaybrone
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ed SoreAss has always seemed like a slightly less slimy brazilian version of Vadim to me.

2/7/13 11:52 PM
REDRUM_NYC

he skerd

2/7/13 11:53 PM
in_different
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
big_roy_fan - i think silva should just fight weidman, beat him and shut up all the people who are saying weidman is gonna finish him or just beat him in general.

every time silva has a fight people say this guy is the guy to beat him, and everytime silva proves people wrong.

Mmm not really. He was like a 9000 favorite to beat bonnar. Most people he faces he's favored to win. Phone Post

Mmmm not really. People said Chael 2 would defeat him. There were huge hopes behind Okami. People said Chael 1 matched up perfectly to beat him. People said Vitor would KO him. People said Hendo would take him. People said LHW was too big for him to compete in. People said Maia would submit him.

Its never ending. Next fight, Jones is too big or Hendo is too good now or Lombard will KO him or blah blah blah.
2/7/13 11:55 PM
BshMstr
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bimmer1 -  I will be back on here after the fight LMAO. i cant beleive people think weidman will win. Another destruction from anderson......... Phone Post

you apparently don't understand....it's because people wanna see the #1 and #2 fight.

that's it.
2/8/13 12:31 AM
orcus

Glovegate - 

Not really true to just say it's an opinion.  Nobody wants to see a fight if one guy doesn't want it.  No matter how he dresses it up, what he says influences who the UFC picks in at least some way.

The media should just stop asking fighters and management what they think about potential opponents.  95% of the time it's the same canned response.  The other 5% it's Ed steering away from Weidman in favour of Cung Le.

"Nobody wants to see a fight if one guy doesn't want it. "

What an odd thing to say. It sure sounds like lots of dorks here reaaaally want to see Anderson fight Weidman even though Anderson clearly isn't interested. And of course everyone on earth wants to see Anderson vs Jones even though NEITHER guy wants it.

2/8/13 1:03 AM
stonepony

If Anderson still doesn't want either of the two available super-fights, it ought to go to Weidman. Look at the recent performances of some of the other contenders.

And I like how Weidman is hounding people for this fight. Everybody else is like those Olympic badminton teams who kept trying to lose in order to get on to the easier bracket. They don't want to fight Anderson.
2/8/13 1:45 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

A.W.Ashford - Phone Post
Can someone explain this to me please ?thanks! Phone Post
2/8/13 2:01 AM
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping decisioned my SN - 
A.W.Ashford - Phone Post
Can someone explain this to me please ?thanks! Phone Post

2/8/13 2:06 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Does anderson ever not fight in brazil? Phone Post
2/8/13 2:07 AM

SonOfThePeepHole -  Does anderson ever not fight in brazil? Phone Post

Just 14 out of his 16 UFC fights

2/8/13 9:33 AM
Another Foob
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
SonOfThePeepHole -  Does anderson ever not fight in brazil? Phone Post

Just 14 out of his 16 UFC fights

Including his second to last one....
2/8/13 9:43 AM

in_different -

Mmmm not really. People said Chael 2 would defeat him. There were huge hopes behind Okami. People said Chael 1 matched up perfectly to beat him. People said Vitor would KO him. People said Hendo would take him. People said LHW was too big for him to compete in. People said Maia would submit him.

Its never ending. Next fight, Jones is too big or Hendo is too good now or Lombard will KO him or blah blah blah.
Ppl yes. The majority. No. Phone Post
2/8/13 11:25 AM
SQUEEZIE

yea besides hendo and vitor (maybe first franklin fight) i never thought any of these other guys had any chance what so ever.and today i feel hendo,vitor and chris are the only challenges in that division for andy. jbj destroys andy at lhw!
2/8/13 11:27 AM
SQUEEZIE

DanGold - Who didn't Anderson fight that he should have?

I personally don't think Henderson counts, because that first fight was such a definitive owning that a rematch isn't really warranted. Same with Vitor.

cain should have never got a rematch either?
2/8/13 11:07 PM
Hunter V
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanGold - Who didn't Anderson fight that he should have?

I personally don't think Henderson counts, because that first fight was such a definitive owning that a rematch isn't really warranted. Same with Vitor.

the real answer to this is that he has faced and pwned every #1 contender at 185 given to him. People just love to bitch and whine and make up shit (no I am not counting Jones as he is not in his weightclass so there is no point in bringing that up). When he beats Weidman the whiners will move on to another "hopeful" that he is somehow ducking as he is not giving in to their whims of the moment like they think he should.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.