UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 17 ratings fall despite hyped KO

2/7/13 11:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The numbers are in and week three of The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs. Team Sonnen drew 1.2 million viewers, according to MMAWeekly.com industry sources.

Although that is still a strong number, it has to be a little disappointing for UFC brass that heavily promoted what will likely be the knockout of the season.

The season opened strong at 1.51 million viewers for the two-hour premier, but is currently averaging 1.34 million viewers per episode, three weeks into the season.

That is still well above season 16, which had yet to draw a million viewers to a single episode by its third week.

read entire article...

Immediately after posting this story on the Underground, UFC President Dana White refuted the story on the Underground

Story is a crock of shit we broke the demo ratings record on Tuesday and were celebrating the number. These "MMA Media" should learn about what ratings mean before reporting stupid shit.

read entire thread...

2/7/13 11:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HolyHackZack
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry Dana and Murdoch but I have a life to live and catching first run episodes isn't as required as it used to be, I'll catch up when I have time. Phone Post
2/7/13 11:55 PM
HandyDarsh
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who needs to watch the episode when I have the UG supplying me with gifs ...
....b4 it aired on my Canadian cable Phone Post
2/7/13 11:58 PM
dfw jr
1639 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Story is a crock of shit we broke the demo ratings record on Tuesday and were celebrating the number. These "MMA Media" should learn about what ratings mean before reporting stupid shit. Phone Post
2/8/13 12:00 AM
HandyDarsh
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - Story is a crock of shit we broke the demo ratings record on Tuesday and were celebrating the number. These "MMA Media" should learn about what ratings mean before reporting stupid shit. Phone Post
ROFL Phone Post
2/8/13 12:02 AM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - Story is a crock of shit we broke the demo ratings record on Tuesday and were celebrating the number. These "MMA Media" should learn about what ratings mean before reporting stupid shit. Phone Post
You tell em Dana! Phone Post
2/8/13 12:02 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana always posting during Bellator, he must be watching

You like that Shlemenko ko?
2/8/13 12:03 AM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -  Story is a crock of shit we broke the demo ratings record on Tuesday and were celebrating the number. These "MMA Media" should learn about what ratings mean before reporting stupid shit. Phone Post

Whats bullshit about it? They are reporting the viewers the show did, it may have been good in the demos but it declined in overall viewers from the previous week, thats what they reported.

2/8/13 12:03 AM
Chris27

liquidrob - Dana always posting during Bellator, he must be watching

You like that Shlemenko ko?

I would bet anything Dana honestly has never heard of Storm, probably doesnt care either.

2/8/13 12:04 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ko will probably cause the ratings to go up next week though Phone Post
2/8/13 12:06 AM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even if the ratings did drop, the hype from this episode may get people watching in the coming weeks. From Chael's motivational speeches, Uriah's post fight conduct and performance during the fight, and the fact that Twitter absolutely blew up with .gifs and reactionary tweets to the KO... I wouldn't be surprised if the next couple episodes had a bump in ratings Phone Post
2/8/13 12:38 AM
Doc T
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You mad bro ? Phone Post
2/8/13 12:44 AM
HolyHackZack
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Dana White just vote me down? I said I was sorry and that I was planning on watching it, I thought we were friends? I work with the sources provided and it sounds like the source was wrong. Phone Post
2/8/13 12:44 AM
Johan Von Brügermëister

Nobody wants to watch that show Phone Post
2/8/13 12:49 AM
man meets fate

No one cares about mma meets jersey shore reality show anymore
2/8/13 12:51 AM
MT11

Dana just crushed you nerds Phone Post
2/8/13 12:52 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate - No one cares about mma meets jersey shore reality show anymore
You clearly haven't watched this season, because its nothing like that anymore. Phone Post
2/8/13 12:53 AM
Got MMAlk
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This season has been great so far. Anyone not watching is missing out. Phone Post
2/8/13 12:55 AM
MattyECB
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -  Story is a crock of shit we broke the demo ratings record on Tuesday and were celebrating the number. These "MMA Media" should learn about what ratings mean before reporting stupid shit. Phone Post

I'm confused, I saw the story on BE first and they showed that the overall numbers dipped, but the demographics kept steady...

Are you saying all of this is a lie, or that people are focusing on the wrong part of the story, i.e. overall viewers as opposed to the 18-34 male demographic Fox actually cares about for advertising?
2/8/13 12:57 AM
MattyECB
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I only ask because if the entire thing is a lie, then I'm pretty surprised, but if you just mean the overall viewership is less important than demo. ratings, then you come off pretty stupid here BLAF...

I mean no offense, but all the sites I saw posted the overall viewership AND the demographics showing that one dropped while the other stayed strong. Not like any misinformation was being spread where I went -- unless of course the whole thing is a sham

Please respond!! Quite curious
2/8/13 12:58 AM
MattyECB

And either way, I'm expecting the demo and overall ratings to pop after this.

I got on the bandwagon this season despite my last TUF being that abortion with Kimbo Slice, but alot of my friends have been keeping a wait and see approach to TUF.

Know for a fact at least ten other friends of mine are dying to get in on this season after watching the ninja kick and seeing who BLAF's beast was all along
2/8/13 12:59 AM
MattyECB

HandyDarsh -  Who needs to watch the episode when I have the UG supplying me with gifs ...
....b4 it aired on my Canadian cable Phone Post

I'm a Canuck too, pretty sure we don't count in the ratings game :P
2/8/13 1:00 AM
Death
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - Even if the ratings did drop, the hype from this episode may get people watching in the coming weeks. From Chael's motivational speeches, Uriah's post fight conduct and performance during the fight, and the fact that Twitter absolutely blew up with .gifs and reactionary tweets to the KO... I wouldn't be surprised if the next couple episodes had a bump in ratings Phone Post
. Phone Post
2/8/13 1:00 AM
Death
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - Even if the ratings did drop, the hype from this episode may get people watching in the coming weeks. From Chael's motivational speeches, Uriah's post fight conduct and performance during the fight, and the fact that Twitter absolutely blew up with .gifs and reactionary tweets to the KO... I wouldn't be surprised if the next couple episodes had a bump in ratings Phone Post
. Phone Post
2/8/13 1:07 AM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make a Brazil vs Russia TUF with vodka, tequila and all that good stuff in the house. Those ratings should be good when these guys start breaking bottles over their heads and then stabbing each other with broken bottles.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.