UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Koscheck: I'm not a fan of Nick Diaz

2/8/13 1:07 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Did you say fan? I'm not a fan -- his values and my values are completely different. He does things that I don't do like smoking pot and I don't associate it with that. I'm not saying it's wrong, but that's just what he does and it's not my thing. I'm not a fan of Nick Diaz, no. It just seems like now in the UFC, if you can talk a good game, you might be able to get a light heavyweight title shot. And if you get suspended for a year, come right back after losing a fight, you get to fight Georges St. Pierre for the title.

So, maybe I'll just take a couple of months off, do some things I shouldn't do, and maybe I'll get to fight for the title. But, hey, he's in the position now and hopefully he can step up and beat Georges St. Pierre. I highly doubt it -- I believe it's going to be an easy fight for St. Pierre. He'll just take him down, wrestle him and control him like he has everyone else. Georges is going to be there for awhile -- it's going to take a good wrestler who can stop his takedowns and has power in his hands and eventually knock him out."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

2/8/13 1:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow c0ckahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kos, I am a fan of yours.

Forgave you for infuriating Daley, but nonetheless, I am a fan.

2/8/13 1:11 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a fan of either but Kos beats Diaz with ease Phone Post
2/8/13 1:18 AM
Da_man
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kos gets subbed in that fight, it's about entertainment kos knows this that's all he did on tuf was talk shit. Maybe if he didn't lose to the champ twice already he would be a contender not a gatekeeper. Phone Post
2/8/13 1:18 AM
ChimpFL
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Not a fan of either but Kos beats Diaz with ease Phone Post

You high bro?
2/8/13 1:31 AM
Chupacabro
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"it's going to take a good wrestler who can stop his takedowns and has power in his hands and eventually knock him out."

Is Kos predicting the impending dawn of the John Hendricks era? Phone Post
2/8/13 1:39 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChimpFL -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Not a fan of either but Kos beats Diaz with ease Phone Post

You high bro?
Lol you think Diaz can stop his takedowns? Phone Post
2/8/13 1:44 AM
mijo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kos beat Diaz 6-10 times.
2/8/13 1:48 AM
NavyCorpsman
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
2/8/13 1:51 AM
in_different
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?
Back that statement up with facts, and remember two things:

1. Nick Diaz is not Nate Diaz
2. Sean Sherk fight was after Diego one

You're one of the coolest dudes on here, but this Nick Diaz can't stop takedown shit is annoying... Phone Post

Cant stop koschecks td. Lets not get out of hand, nuthugger
2/8/13 1:52 AM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?

You're one of the coolest dudes on here, but this Nick Diaz can't stop takedown shit is annoying... Phone Post

CAN'T STOP! WON'T STOP!

2/8/13 2:06 AM
boomtown
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see this fight happen just for all the shit talking from these guys.

Kos by ud imo.
2/8/13 2:07 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

nick diaz nut hugger -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?

His TD def % is 64, to put that in perspective GSP's is 86. Bjs is 76, Rory is 89, Kos is 63. So yes he's not horrible and yes better than his brother. His main weakness has always been strong takedown artists dude. He's about to deal with the best at WW at taking people down.

Karo took him down 9x
Diego took him down 5x
Riggs 3x
Gomi 3x

I like you and understand you're a Diaz fan but we haven't seen Diaz against a very good wrestler in a while. Phone Post
2/8/13 2:08 AM
Zed Wayne Zed
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like this Koschek attitude with saying he knows he has to come and fight.

I always liked his fights, but for a guy in limbo and with so much talent, that's a good thing to hear.

But, man, how do you stay hungry with two planes?
2/8/13 2:10 AM
vaginal tear
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see Kos drop to lightweight and fight bendo after a couple of wins. I think that would be a fun fight. Phone Post
2/8/13 2:14 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
nick diaz nut hugger -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?

His TD def % is 64, to put that in perspective GSP's is 86. Bjs is 76, Rory is 89, Kos is 63. So yes he's not horrible and yes better than his brother. His main weakness has always been strong takedown artists dude. He's about to deal with the best at WW at taking people down.

Karo took him down 9x
Diego took him down 5x
Riggs 3x
Gomi 3x

I like you and understand you're a Diaz fan but we haven't seen Diaz against a very good wrestler in a while. Phone Post

Agreed.  

Diaz will be able to avoid being stuck on bottom from some wrestlers, but the more athletic and powerful wrestlers like GSP, Kos, Hendricks, Ellenberger, Fitch and honestly maybe even Mike Pierce will give him serious problems.  Unless he can pull off a sub from the bottom, I don't see him beating any of those guys.  Ok, maybe he'd beat Mike Pierce.

2/8/13 2:19 AM
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear -  I'd like to see Kos drop to lightweight and fight bendo after a couple of wins. I think that would be a fun fight. Phone Post

Man I think that'd be a tough cut for Kos.

Don't you think that Maynard vs Bendo is essentially the same fight though? I'm very interested in that matchup.

2/8/13 2:19 AM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear -  I'd like to see Kos drop to lightweight and fight bendo after a couple of wins. I think that would be a fun fight. Phone Post

Isn't Kos one of the biggest WW's on the roster?

2/8/13 2:22 AM
ThePeoplesYhundi
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boomtown - I'd like to see this fight happen just for all the shit talking from these guys.

Kos by ud imo.
Yep would be a good staredown to. Phone Post
2/8/13 2:23 AM

nick diaz nut hugger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?

How about you back that statement up with facts?  Name one decent wrestler that Diaz has beaten.  What evidence is there to suggest he can stop a TD from a decent wrestler, let alone GSP/Kos?

2/8/13 2:35 AM

Edited: 02/08/13 2:40 AM
nick diaz nut hugger - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
nick diaz nut hugger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?

How about you back that statement up with facts?  Name one decent wrestler that Diaz has beaten.  What evidence is there to suggest he can stop a TD from a decent wrestler, let alone GSP/Kos?

The evidence is him stopping 18/19 of Sherk's takedowns, whose takedowns are just as good as Koscheck's.

GSP will be a difficult fight, but Nick owns Koscheck Phone Post

Ok - 

1. Sherk scored 2 TDs according to Fightmetric.  Sherk is also a natural LW.
  2. He lost that fight.  I don't see how him stopping the majority of the TDs from a LW masquerading as WW but still losing is evidence of him being able to beat Koscheck, a very good wrestler.
I truly do like Nick Diaz.  I think he's one of the most talented fighters on the UFC roster.  He has amazing boxing, cardio, BJJ and perhaps most importantly is incredibly entertaining.  If I was trying to introduce someone to MMA, Nick Diaz would be one of the first fighters I'd show them.

Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that both he and his brother are crippled by suspect TDD.  If matched up against non-wrestlers, I have a really hard time seeing anyone beat them.  However, whenever they fight big, strong and athletic wrestlers, my opinion is that the only chance they have of winning is by sub.

Funnily enough it's Nate who has had more success with wrestlers/grapplers.  He's beaten Pellegrino, Miller and Gamburyan

2/8/13 2:46 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?

To be fair, Koscheck's double leg is incredible. Sherk's is comparable, but I think Kos would dominate Sherk in terms of grappling.

I actually think Nick would beat Josh, but I feel that his Nick's stance and fighting style would present Josh with a lot of opportunities to shoot the double.
2/8/13 2:54 AM
Smellde Gluve
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fan of Nick Diaz and not a fan of Kos but I think Kos would take Nick down and probably win.

I'd like to see that fight.

I also think Kos' assesment of what type of fighter it'd take to beat GSP is true. Barring maybe an amazing striker like Anderson.

2/8/13 3:12 AM

nick diaz nut hugger - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?

The evidence is him stopping 18/19 of Sherk's takedowns, whose takedowns are just as good as Koscheck's.

GSP will be a difficult fight, but Nick owns Koscheck Phone Post

Ok - 

1. Sherk scored 2 TDs according to Fightmetric.  Sherk is also a natural LW.
  2. He lost that fight.  I don't see how him stopping the majority of the TDs from a LW masquerading as WW but still losing is evidence of him being able to beat Koscheck, a very good wrestler.
I truly do like Nick Diaz.  I think he's one of the most talented fighters on the UFC roster.  He has amazing boxing, cardio, BJJ and perhaps most importantly is incredibly entertaining.  If I was trying to introduce someone to MMA, Nick Diaz would be one of the first fighters I'd show them.

Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that both he and his brother are crippled by suspect TDD.  If matched up against non-wrestlers, I have a really hard time seeing anyone beat them.  However, whenever they fight big, strong and athletic wrestlers, my opinion is that the only chance they have of winning is by sub.

Funnily enough it's Nate who has had more success with wrestlers/grapplers.  He's beaten Pellegrino, Miller and Gamburyan

Suspect takedown defense is 3 TDs by gomi, who he beat, 3 by riggs, who he.lost a close decision to that was not decided by Sherk's takedowns but more his standup, or 1 takedown by Sherk, who was widely considered the one of the best wrestlers AT WW at the time.

I'll give you the 5 TDs Diego got, nut it's the only fucking fight in which he list because of an inability to stuff the takedowns. Since then from Nick, we simply have not seen this problem.

Gayguard was correct that he hasn't faced a wrestler in a while, but Koscheck doesn't have explosive takedowns.

So you've really only got Diego to make your argument.

And please, stop with the Nick and Nate are the same and what happens to one should be expected to happen to the other. You're smarter than that, bro Phone Post

I'd be a little out of school if I tried to challenge you on the Sherk fight because I honestly don't remember anything from it.

And I agree re: comparing Nate and Nick - Nick is definitely more capable of stuffing TDs.  Gomi is a perfect example of the level of wreslter that Diaz can beat.  Gomi, while it's not his bread and butter, is a very competent TD artist and Diaz was able to neutralize him.

I think the best example of Diaz having decent TDD is his fight against Gleison Tibau, and nobody ever seems to mention that fight.  Tibau is one of the better wrestlers in MMA that hasn't come from a wrestling background.  Nick stuffed all of his shots and TKO'd him in the first round.  Nick has pretty good TDD against decent MMA wrestlers. 

Where we're not gonna see eye to eye on is whether he can beat an elite wrestler.  Guys like GSP, Kos, Ellenberger, Hendricks, and Fitch.  And the proof is really in the pudding - Diaz does not have a single win over a legitimate wrestler.  When/if that happens, my opinion will change.

2/8/13 3:28 AM

And NDNH - to say Koscheck doesn't have explosive TDs...come on man.  He's got one of the most explosive doubles in the game.

That's against my boy Georges, who I consider to be by far and away the best overall wrestler in MMA

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.