UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Koscheck: I'm not a fan of Nick Diaz

2/8/13 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Death Beast
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 

"Hard to use a more recent example when Diaz refused to fight wrestlers recently. He avoided Hieron and Woodley too so not like there were none available."

Refused to fight Hieron or knew he'd fail a drug test/wanted bigger money fights? And when did he refuse to fight Woodley?

The word "refuse" doesn't mean what you think it means, apparently

Did he fight Hieron when he got back from that whole thing? And he didn't refuse to fight Woodley because he wasn't a big name? I know arguing with someone who's proud to hug nuts is pointless, but maybe you should be the one busting out a dictionary.
Refuse for a reason still = refuse.
And for the record, I agree he could probably beat both of them anyway, just saying that those are the only two wrestlers he could've faced recently and he didn't want to fight either. I believe a rematch with Riggs was suggested back around the time of the Hieron fight as well and Nick wasn't too thrilled about that either.
2/8/13 2:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kos has real good JJ, I think he'll just out muscle and control Diaz on the ground.
2/8/13 2:24 PM
Death Beast

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Death Beast - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 

"Hard to use a more recent example when Diaz refused to fight wrestlers recently. He avoided Hieron and Woodley too so not like there were none available."

Refused to fight Hieron or knew he'd fail a drug test/wanted bigger money fights? And when did he refuse to fight Woodley?

The word "refuse" doesn't mean what you think it means, apparently

Did he fight Hieron when he got back from that whole thing? And he didn't refuse to fight Woodley because he wasn't a big name? I know arguing with someone who's proud to hug nuts is pointless, but maybe you should be the one busting out a dictionary.
Refuse for a reason still = refuse.
And for the record, I agree he could probably beat both of them anyway, just saying that those are the only two wrestlers he could've faced recently and he didn't want to fight either. I believe a rematch with Riggs was suggested back around the time of the Hieron fight as well and Nick wasn't too thrilled about that either.

I know arguing with someone who judges another poster by his sn is pointless, but you seem like a nice guy even if you are a racist ;)

In the context the gentleman I quoted was using, he made it sound as if Diaz refused the fights because he was worried about losing to a wrestler, which is just not the case. Maybe he should have used "declined", but not everyone's a wordsmith or maybe he was trying to twist the fuckshit out of these rejections/refusals (you see, not EXACTLY the same word, fren) to make it appear as if Diaz was scared of fighting a wrestler.

Yes, Nick didn't get too thrilled when he was offered certain fights in Strikeforce because he knew he could beat the guys and didn't feel it was worth it to him. If people wanna criticize him for that, fine, but you, I, and most people without down's syndrome are pretty sure that he'd beat Hieron, Woodley, and Riggs (I know you didn't say Riggs but you don't seem like someone with down's syndrome :) )

I am the gentleman you quoted, and yeah I used refused instead of ducked so there would be no implication that he was scared being made. He just happened to not fight the two wrestlers that he could have so it's impossible to say his TDD has vastly improved.

And just out of curiosity, what race was I being biased for or against that led you suggest I was a racist? I'm boricua aka puertorican so hopefully this isn't about me hating on a latino for being latino instead of just giving an honest opinion.
2/8/13 3:33 PM
subwrassler
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Death Beast -
subwrassler - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
nick diaz nut hugger -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Not a fan of either but Kos beats Diaz with ease Phone Post

You high bro?
Lol you think Diaz can stop his takedowns? Phone Post
Back that statement up with facts, and remember two things:

1. Nick Diaz is not Nate Diaz
2. Sean Sherk fight was after Diego one

You're one of the coolest dudes on here, but this Nick Diaz can't stop takedown shit is annoying... Phone Post
His TD def % is 64, to put that in perspective GSP's is 86. Bjs is 76, Rory is 89, Kos is 63. So yes he's not horrible and yes better than his brother. His main weakness has always been strong takedown artists dude. He's about to deal with the best at WW at taking people down.

Karo took him down 9x
Diego took him down 5x
Riggs 3x
Gomi 3x

I like you and understand you're a Diaz fan but we haven't seen Diaz against a very good wrestler in a while. Phone Post

lol.

hey man, when were those fights?

Hard to use a more recent example when Diaz refused to fight wrestlers recently. He avoided Hieron and Woodley too so not like there were none available.
Ding ding ding.

I can only go on past fights since Diaz hasn't faced a wrestler in years, and when he did he was taken down as I stated above. Phone Post

ding ding ding?
wtf?

i think YEARS is the operative word here.

and yeah, my point was you are talking about fights that happened years ago. and we all know that these top level mma fighters never improve on any aspect of their game.

lol.
i remember gsp getting taken down and submitted rather easily by matt hughes YEARS AGO too.
2/8/13 3:45 PM
Sleazy Martinez
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait a minute, hold on... I agree with Koscheck? Phone Post
2/8/13 3:47 PM
rrg1

nick diaz nut hugger - 
Lazer MMA - 
NDNH, HTF did I know you'd be here bro? LOL

How was the B-day bro? Hope you tapped some @$$!

Birthday was great. I don't turn 30 for another year (29 two days ago), so that means I'm still allowed to be an immature asshole for the next 12 months :)

You're a Diaz fanboi....you have years upon years to act like that.

2/8/13 4:08 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subwrassler -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Death Beast -
subwrassler - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
nick diaz nut hugger -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Not a fan of either but Kos beats Diaz with ease Phone Post

You high bro?

You're one of the coolest dudes on here, but this Nick Diaz can't stop takedown shit is annoying... Phone Post
His TD def % is 64, to put that in perspective GSP's is 86. Bjs is 76, Rory is 89, Kos is 63. So yes he's not horrible and yes better than his brother. His main weakness has always been strong takedown artists dude. He's about to deal with the best at WW at taking people down.

Karo took him down 9x
Diego took him down 5x
Riggs 3x
Gomi 3x

I like you and understand you're a Diaz fan but we haven't seen Diaz against a very good wrestler in a while. Phone Post

lol.

hey man, when were those fights?

Hard to use a more recent example when Diaz refused to fight wrestlers recently. He avoided Hieron and Woodley too so not like there were none available.
Ding ding ding.

I can only go on past fights since Diaz hasn't faced a wrestler in years, and when he did he was taken down as I stated above. Phone Post

ding ding ding?
wtf?

i think YEARS is the operative word here.

and yeah, my point was you are talking about fights that happened years ago. and we all know that these top level mma fighters never improve on any aspect of their game.

lol.
i remember gsp getting taken down and submitted rather easily by matt hughes YEARS AGO too.
Your GSP/Hughes example is shit because you fail to mention they fought not once but twice and GSP destroyed him.

Top level guys improve yes but Diaz hasn't shown me anything to lead me to believe he could stuff takedowns from a wrestler like Kos. Who has Diaz shown improved takedown defense against since the Gomi fight? The answer is nobody because he hasn't fought a wrestler. Phone Post
2/8/13 4:28 PM
UGSlapshot

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?
Yes I do, you think kos has a better shot than Sherk? I don't. Phone Post
2/8/13 4:31 PM
UGSlapshot

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?
Yes I do, so you think kos has a better td shot than sherk? I don't.. Phone Post
2/8/13 4:49 PM
UGSlapshot

RileyPust -
nick diaz nut hugger - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
ChimpFL -

You high bro?

To be fair, Koscheck's double leg is incredible. Sherk's is comparable, but I think Kos would dominate Sherk in terms of grappling.

I actually think Nick would beat Josh, but I feel that his Nick's stance and fighting style would present Josh with a lot of opportunities to shoot the double.
Only because of the size strength difference it wouldn't be because of technique. Sherk has better takedowns than kos, who has kos dominated with his wrestling that was supposed to be such a great wrestler/grappler?

And Diaz was a lightweight, he didn't massively outweigh Sean Sherk or any other lightweight he fought for that matter.

Nick Diaz can fight at lightweight welterweight and middleweight and be in the top ten of any weight class he chooses to fight in. Phone Post
2/8/13 4:58 PM
SickEyeDiaz
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still grasping at straws with your stats trying to tarnish Nicks legacy LilBrock?

When are you gonna "evolve" lol?!
2/8/13 4:59 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@NDNH 

Dude Gomi took Diaz down 6 seconds after the opening bell (Im watching the fight right now). His wrestling wasn't the deciding factor no. Gomi gassed in round one and was definitley winning the round until he gassed (I'd call it a 10-10). Diaz was working Gomi on the feet but honestly was probably on his way to LOSING a doctor stoppage because of that huge cut. Gomi took him down and got subbed. 

Here are my points:

Gomi is the last time he's faced a good wrestler and he was taken down without much effort 2x (2007) 

Diaz doesn't subbed many people off his back and certainly isn't subbing Kos (a BB under Dave's system) 

Gomi gassed I think we all agree, Koscheck doesn't gas 

I can only go by this fight because It's the last time i've seen Diaz against a wrestler 

2/8/13 5:02 PM
UGSlapshot

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

Thanks for providing proof that he ducked Hieron and I agee, now that is out of the way.  Clearly he wanted nothing to do with Woodley so yes, those are the only 2 I brought up.

Do you really want me to address his other 17 fights since he fought a wrestler?  When he was fighting LW Thomas Denny, wrestler and UFC/Bodog vet Nick Thompson was on the same card.  When he fought Scot Smith, Woodley and Riggs were on the same card.  When he fought Zaromskis, Hieron and Riggs were on the same card.  He went up in weight to fight Scot Smith and a 40 year old Shamrock.  Why didn't he fight Rockhold, Jacare, Hendo, et.. if he wanted to go up?

Say what you want, but it is clear his matchups have been picked VERY carefully the past 6 years.

LoL at Nick ducking, obviously a hater. Phone Post
2/8/13 5:11 PM
SickEyeDiaz
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/08/13 5:14 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

Thanks for providing proof that he ducked Hieron and I agee, now that is out of the way.  Clearly he wanted nothing to do with Woodley so yes, those are the only 2 I brought up.

Do you really want me to address his other 17 fights since he fought a wrestler?  When he was fighting LW Thomas Denny, wrestler and UFC/Bodog vet Nick Thompson was on the same card.  When he fought Scot Smith, Woodley and Riggs were on the same card.  When he fought Zaromskis, Hieron and Riggs were on the same card.  He went up in weight to fight Scot Smith and a 40 year old Shamrock.  Why didn't he fight Rockhold, Jacare, Hendo, et.. if he wanted to go up?

Say what you want, but it is clear his matchups have been picked VERY carefully the past 6 years.

You expect us to believe that Nick somehow engineered a surprise piss test on himself before the fight so that he could get out of fighting Hieron? Let's be real now.

And I guess he had the power to just change his opponent from Smith to Woodley or Riggs any time he wanted, but he just didn't use it? 

I'm sure you'll be more than happy to tell me what else I missed.

Your conspiracies about Nick get more complex and interesting each time I hear them!

2/8/13 5:26 PM
SickEyeDiaz

I just fail to understand why Nick, who you claim is known for hand picking easy opponents, would sign to fight Heiron only to sabatoge it. Why wouldn't he just pick an easier opponent in the first place? 

And if I were to start a thread like that, people would probably think it was a conspiracy :)

2/8/13 6:37 PM
KZTT_W85
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have not read the whole thread but seems like kos putting himself inline for a shot should Diaz pull off the upset.

Just putting some nice ground work in Phone Post
2/8/13 9:08 PM
SickEyeDiaz

Now you're just being childish.

2/9/13 6:49 PM
Headkick420

Wahhhhhh!!

I want a title shot!!!!!

Wahhhhhh!!

Kos can't even beat Nick, Condit or Hendricks. He needs to focus on maybe switching camps and adding a new dimension to his game???
2/9/13 9:52 PM
UrbanSavage

GSP has proven that he has no problem beating a good wrestler with power in his hands, he hasn't proven he can beat someone like Nick Diaz.
2/9/13 9:58 PM
The Gumball Kid

Nick can easily submit GSP and Kos off his back. Doesn't mean it'd happen tho, I have no idea what would happen.

The interesting thing I want to see is Nick's jab against GSP's.

I think we see Nick use more kickboxing in this fight than before
2/9/13 9:59 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gumball Kid - Nick can easily submit GSP and Kos off his back. Doesn't mean it'd happen tho, I have no idea what would happen.

Why would he throw kicks against a great wrestler like Georges?  Seems like a sure way to end up on his back.

2/9/13 10:07 PM
The Gumball Kid

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
The Gumball Kid - Nick can easily submit GSP and Kos off his back. Doesn't mean it'd happen tho, I have no idea what would happen.

Why would he throw kicks against a great wrestler like Georges?  Seems like a sure way to end up on his back.

Not over and over in a predictable way, I think he pops it every now and then to keep Goerges honest. He can do it without worry because he is super comfortable off his back and always attacks. Georges isn't exactly a scary finisher these days either.

Plus Condit almost shocked the world with a kick!

The key is to work it in and not spam GSP with it lol Georges is way to smart for that
2/9/13 10:09 PM
SickEyeDiaz

UrbanSavage - GSP has proven that he has no problem beating a good wrestler with power in his hands, he hasn't proven he can beat someone like Nick Diaz.
Well put my friend. Phone Post
2/9/13 10:26 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gumball Kid - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Not over and over in a predictable way, I think he pops it every now and then to keep Goerges honest. He can do it without worry because he is super comfortable off his back and always attacks. Georges isn't exactly a scary finisher these days either.

Plus Condit almost shocked the world with a kick!

The key is to work it in and not spam GSP with it lol Georges is way to smart for that

Fair enough

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.